- [U][C]飞翔,飞行 (an act of) flying
- [C]航班,航机 a journey through air or space
- [C]楼梯的一段 a set of stairs between one floor and the next
- [C][U]逃跑,溃退 the act of running away or escaping
- a formation of aircraft in flight
- an instance of traveling by air;
"flying was still an exciting adventure for him"
- a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
- the act of escaping physically;
"he made his escape from the mental hospital"
"the canary escaped from its cage"
"his flight was an indication of his guilt"
- an air force unit smaller than a squadron
- passing above and beyond ordinary bounds;
"a flight of fancy"
"flights of rhetoric"
"flights of imagination"
- the path followed by an object moving through space
- a flock of flying birds
- a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports;
"I took the noon flight to Chicago"
- shoot a bird in flight
- fly in a flock;
"flighting wild geese"
- decorate with feathers;
"fledge an arrow"
- She photographed the birds in flight.
She photographed the bird in flight.
It was the bird's first flight from the nest.
The flight is to follow a route via Honolulu.
The trainee checked out all right on his first flight.
I could not but question the possibility of such flight.
There is nothing here to stay us in our flights.
Are you going by a scheduled flight or by charter.
I've booked you on a direct flight to Paris.
A flight will take much less time than going by train.
Several days' notice is advisable to ensure a flight on the day requested.
The flight was delayed due to bad weather.
People living near the airport are pushing for new rules about night flight.
The flight had been postponed until eleven o'clock.
The success of the flight to the moon was featured in all the papers in editorial and special articles.
The International Committee of the Red Cross said it had suspended flights of food and medicine to the flooded areas.
She fell down a flight of stairs.
A flight of steps led up to the front door.
He lives two flights up.
Our flat was three-story, not flights climbing up, my wife rented it unfurnished.
The crisis in the country led to a flight of capital abroad.
A flight of swallows passed overhead.
These scholars are capable of flights of genius.
- flight of fancy
不切实际的想法,异想天开 unrealistic idea , etc. that exists only in sb's mind
Her latest flight of fancy is to go camping in the Sahara desert! 她最近心血来潮,想到撒哈拉沙漠去野营!
My ambition is to become a film star, but it's probably just a flight of fancy. 我的抱负是想成为一名电影明星,但这也许只是异想天开。
His entertaining speech contained some amusing flights of fancy. 他那引人入胜的演说里有些有趣而奇异的想法。
You wouldn't think in your wild flights of fancy that he was none other than your father. 你无论如何也想象不到他不是别人而正是你的父亲。
- 不切实际的想法,异想天开 unrealistic idea , etc. that exists only in sb's mind
- in the first〔top〕 flight
领先,占首位 in a leading place
She's in the first〔top〕 flight of journalists. 她是出类拔萃的新闻工作者。
- 领先,占首位 in a leading place
- put to flight
迫使某人逃跑 force sb to flee put sb to flight
Our army will quickly put the enemy to flight.我军会很快迫使敌人溃败。
The bully ambled over but Tom stood up to him and soon put him to flight.那恶棍慢慢地走过来,但汤姆站起来迎了上去,结果他马上就逃走了。
- 迫使某人逃跑 force sb to flee put sb to flight
- take (to) flight
逃走,逃跑 flee, run
When the police arrived, the thieves took flight, leaving the jewels behind. 警察来时,小偷们就丢下珠宝逃走了。
- 逃走,逃跑 flee, run
- complete the flight 飞完航程
- exercise flight 练习飞行
- have a flight 飞行
- make a flight 飞行
- take a flight 飞行
- wing a flight 飞行
- put the enemy to flight 打得敌人溃逃
- take to flight 逃走
- bumpy flight 颠簸的空中飞行
- comfortable flight 舒适的空中飞行
- non-stop flight 直飞
- round-the-world flight 环球飞行
- smooth flight 平稳的空中飞行
- successful flight 成功的飞行
The butterflies whose dithering flight was no more erratic than my aunts' talk.出自：Day Lewis
Their wings were so small..that they had lost the power of flight.出自：D. Attenborough
My trip to Greece..might have been interpreted as a flight from reality.出自：H. Doolittle
As escapes from the problem, as flights from guilt, they may be welcome.出自：C. Connolly
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的flyht；最初源自原始日耳曼语的flukthiz，意为飞行。
- air travel航空旅行
- extent 广度
- fledge 长羽毛
- flight of steps楼梯阶段
- flight of stairs阶梯步级
- prison break越狱
- flight:flight n. 飞行, 逃走, 飞跃, 飞机的航程, 班机, 追逐, 楼梯的一段, 射程vi. 成群飞行, 迁徙vt. 射击(飞禽), 使惊飞 英英解释:名词flight:1. a formati…