- adj. 清楚的；明确的；明白(某事)的；清晰的；清澈的；晴朗的；头脑清醒的
- v. 清空；清除；澄清；放晴；使明确
- adv. 清楚地；彻底地
- n. 空地
- 晴朗的,清澈的 without clouds; easy to see through
- 无疑的,确信的 undoubted; certain
- 清楚的,明白的 easy to see, hear or understand
- 畅通的,无阻的 with nothing in the way; empty
- 清晰地,清楚地 in a clear manner
- vt. 清除; 收走 remove; get rid of; what is unwanted or unwelcome
- vt. 使清楚,使明白 make or become clear
- vi. 晴朗起来 become bright; free from clouds
- vt. 证明无罪 show or declare that sb is not guilty
the state of being free of suspicion;
"investigation showed that he was in the clear"
a clear or unobstructed space or expanse of land or water;
"finally broke out of the forest into the open"
readily apparent to the mind;
"a clear and present danger"
"a clear explanation"
"a clear case of murder"
"a clear indication that she was angry"
"gave us a clear idea of human nature"
free from confusion or doubt;
"a complex problem requiring a clear head"
"not clear about what is expected of us"
affording free passage or view;
"a clear view"
"a clear path to victory"
"the open countryside"
allowing light to pass through;
"clear plastic bags"
"the air is clear and clean"
free from contact or proximity or connection;
"we were clear of the danger"
"the ship was clear of the reef"
characterized by freedom from troubling thoughts (especially guilt);
"a clear conscience"
"regarded her questioner with clear untroubled eyes"
(of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims;
"efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"
"clear laughter like a waterfall"
"clear reds and blues"
"a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
(especially of a title) free from any encumbrance or limitation that presents a question of fact or law;
"I have clear title to this property"
clear and distinct to the senses; easily perceptible;
"as clear as a whistle"
"clear footprints in the snow"
"the letter brought back a clear image of his grandfather"
"a spire clean-cut against the sky"
"a clear-cut pattern"
accurately stated or described;
"a set of well-defined values"
free from clouds or mist or haze;
"on a clear day"
free of restrictions or qualifications;
"a clean bill of health"
"a clear winner"
free from flaw or blemish or impurity;
"a clear perfect diamond"
"the clear complexion of a healthy young woman"
clear of charges or deductions;
"a clear profit"
freed from any question of guilt;
"is absolved from all blame"
"was now clear of the charge of cowardice"
"his official honor is vindicated"
characterized by ease and quickness in perceiving;
"a percipient author"
"read the book clear to the end"
"slept clear through the night"
"there were open fields clear to the horizon"
in an easily perceptible manner;
"could be seen clearly under the microscope"
"She cried loud and clear"
rid of obstructions;
"Clear your desk"
make a way or path by removing objects;
"Clear a path through the dense forest"
"The sky cleared after the storm"
grant authorization or clearance for;
"Clear the manuscript for publication"
"The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography"
"clear the leaves from the lawn"
"Clear snow from the road"
go unchallenged; be approved;
"The bill cleared the House"
be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts;
"The check will clear within 2 business days"
go away or disappear;
"The fog cleared in the afternoon"
pass by, over, or under without making contact;
"the balloon cleared the tree tops"
make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear;
"Could you clarify these remarks?"
"Clear up the question of who is at fault"
free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment;
"Clear the ship and let it dock"
clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.;
"clear the water before it can be drunk"
yield as a net profit;
"This sale netted me $1 million"
make as a net profit;
"The company cleared $1 million"
earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages;
"How much do you make a month in your new job?"
"She earns a lot in her new job"
"this merger brought in lots of money"
"He clears $5,000 each month"
"We cleared a lot of the old model cars"
pass an inspection or receive authorization;
pronounce not guilty of criminal charges;
"The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
settle, as of a debt;
"clear a debt"
"solve an old debt"
make clear, bright, light, or translucent;
"The water had to be cleared through filtering"
rid of instructions or data;
"clear a memory buffer"
remove (people) from a building;
"clear the patrons from the theater after the bomb threat"
remove the occupants of;
"Clear the building"
free (the throat) by making a rasping sound;
"Clear the throat"
- I made it clear to him that I rejected his proposal.
- You are a boss, as is clear from your manner.
- There is a clear division of labor in ants.
- His height gives him a clear advantage.
- The guidance of clear aim and working hard can lead to success.
- I'm still not clear what the job involves.
- I am not clear about the reason why you want to go.
- The copy is blurred, it is not very clear.
- The water here is shallow and clear.
- Like the sky, I feel my heart is becoming clear.
- Stars are brilliant in the clear night sky.
- It is only at night when she lies in bed that she feels she has a clear mind.
- The ground should first be cleared of weeds.
- He cleared a space on his desk for a cup of coffee.
- If you don't want to see the introductory pages again after reading the introduction, you can clear the check box.
- In that case you'll have to clear yourself.
- As far as I can see, the weather is not likely to clear up within a few days.
- The government should clear up the question of responsibility.
- He tried hard to speak loud and clear on that occasion.
- She read the book clear to the end within two hours.
- I can see the hill through the clear glass.
- Through the clear water, we could see fish on the bottom.
- He writes very clear articles on politics.
- He is a clear thinker.
- We must draw a clear line between ourselves and the enemy.
- You have four clear days to finish this work.
- Allow three clear days for the letter to arrive.
- The bill was passed by a clear majority.
- It was such a hot day.The water was cool and clear.
- The weather was clear that day.
- At first the signals were loud and clear, but after a few weeks, they became quieter and hard to understand.
- The view of the TV picture is very clear.
- The reason for this is clear.
- His mind was clear even though he was very ill.
- “You are clear,”the guard said to the woman.
- He is clear in his language.
- My memory is not clear on that point.
- The way is clear for you to do what you like.
- They are clear what to do next.
- I'm quite clear what I ought to do.
- I'm not clear what you expect me to do.
- It is clear that we can't expect our students always to speak English in well-formed sentences.
- It is clear that he was not the man who had robbed the house.
- It was clear that his words pleased her.
- As early as the summer of 1979, it was clear that only drastic measures could save the Chrysler Corporation.
- It is not quite clear yet how those pits on the moon were formed.
- I'm sorry to have failed to make myself clear.
- The spokesman made it clear that no compromise was yet in sight.
- He speaks loud and clear.
- The thieves got clear away.
- You can see clear to the mountains today.
- The car ran clear off the road.
- The bullet went clear through the door.
- The water began to clear in the vessel.
- The snow stopped falling and the sky cleared.
- The street slowly cleared.
- The smoke gradually cleared.
- Then her brow cleared.
- His face cleared as he heard my explanation.
- He cleared his throat before he spoke.
- Why don't you go for a walk to clear your head?
- Let's walk ten minutes of fresh air to clear our minds.
- The jury's verdict of innocence cleared the accused man.
- When Bill was angry with Bob, Bob made a joke, and it cleared the air between them.
- We had been annoyed with each other for weeks before we cleared the air.
- He clears 10000 pounds a year easily from his business.
- We began to study the map when the table was cleared.
- All the mines have been cleared.
- He's been cleared and can't be tried again for the same offence.
- clear about
对…清楚,对…明白 without doubt, confusion or difficulty
- clear from
不含 not including
- clear of
摆脱 free from sth undesirable
- clear to
对…清楚 evident; obvious; definite
- clear of
不阻碍,不接触 out of the way of sth; no longer near or touching sth
- clear away (v.+adv.)
收拾餐桌,拿走 remove the dishes, food, and other remains of a meal; take away sth
The clouds cleared away.
When the match was over the crowd cleared away quickly.
比赛结束,人群很快就散了。clear away from sth
The football match came to an end, and the crowd soon cleared away from the ground.
When he read the letter, his doubts cleared away.
他读了那封信以后,就消除了心中的疑虑。clear sb/sth ⇔ away
The police cleared the crowd away.
We are making further attempts at clearing away all obstacles on the road of advance.
His statement cleared away some misapprehension.
Mother always clears away quickly when we have finished eating.
母亲总是在我们吃完饭时很快就收拾饭桌。clear sth ⇔ away
Clear away the dishes as soon as you finish eating.
Mother cleared the dirty dishes away when we had finished eating.
I'll clear these dishes away; then we'll be able to work at the table.
The waitress will clear away these dishes in a moment.
Clear away your toys now, children!
After the bowls and dishes were cleared away , the children sat at the table, playing with building blocks.
The rubbish must be cleared away.
- clear from (v.+prep.)
清除 take away sth, get rid of sth
clear sth from sth
They cleared the dishes from the table.
He cleared all the stones from the yard.
Our job is to clear the snow from the road.
- clear of (v.+prep.)
设法忘记 clear one's mind of
- clear off (v.+adv.)
完成 finish sth
The sky looks as if it would clear off soon.
In the afternoon, the mist cleared off and the rest of the day was fine.
I'm busy; clear off as fast as you can!
The unruly youths soon cleared off when they saw the policeman coming.
When the police appeared, the thieves cleared off.
当警察出现时,那些小偷都溜掉了。clear sb/sth ⇔ off
Go into the field and clear those boys off.
You may put your books on the shelf when you have cleared it off.
We must clear off such prejudices and superstitions among ourselves.
我们应该去除我们当中的这些偏见和迷信。clear sth ⇔ off
Please clear off the dinner things and then you can watch television.
请把碗碟收拾收拾,然后再看电视。clear sth ⇔ off
He has at last cleared off all his debts.
I hope to clear off my mortgage in a few months' time.
我希望在数月之后赎回我的抵押。clear sth ⇔ off
The shop decided to clear off the summer clothes when the new winter fashions arrived.
那家商场购进新的冬季时装时,决定把夏季服装廉价处理掉。clear sth ⇔ off
I'd like to clear off the rest of the work which was waiting for me after my holiday.
- clear out (v.+adv.)
离家 leave home
clear sth ⇔ out
They are busy clearing out the drains.
It's about time we cleared out the attic; it's full of junk.
I'll clear out that closet and then you can hang your clothes there.
He cleared out his desk before he was moved to another class.
There will be plenty of room in that cupboard when it is cleared out.
把东西都清空后,碗橱里边的地方可大着呢。clear sth ⇔ out
The thieves cleared out the store.
盗贼把那家商店洗劫一空。clear sb ⇔ out
The boys have cleared me out.
Ill health seems to have cleared Sarah out.
He was cleared out in the poker game.
Clear out! And don't come back!
He finally told his mother-in-law to clear out and let them live their own lives.
最后他叫岳母赶紧离开,让他们独自生活。clear sb ⇔ out
The reactionary police cleared out the pickets by force.
反动警察用武力赶走了罢工纠察队员们。clear sb out of sth
The police cleared all the people out of the hotel after the bomb threat.
They have cleared all the tenants out of those houses.
I'm fed up with being told what I can do and what I can't do; I'm clearing out. Goodbye!
- clear up (v.+adv.)
解释,消除 find an answer to sth
Shall we clear up before we go out?
我们是不是在出去前把东西收拾好?clear sth ⇔ up
Let me clear up the thing on the table.
Please clear up the litter before you leave the office.
I hope you don't expect us to clear up that mess you are making.
You can't go home until your classroom has been cleared up.
This skin disease will clear up in a day or two.
这种皮肤病一两天之内就会好的。clear sth ⇔ up
Doctor Lin gave some pills to clear up my stomach trouble.
The pills cleared up his stomach trouble.
这些药丸治好了他的胃痛。clear sth ⇔ up
I'd like to clear up the rest of the work which was waiting for me after my holiday.
The matter has been cleared up.
The weather cleared up.
Although it is still raining, it looks as though it might clear up.
They're lucky that the weather has cleared up in time for the tennis match.
他们真幸运,天气已经转晴,网球比赛可以按时举行了。clear sth ⇔ up
That murder was a mystery for a long time, but a clever detective cleared it up.
She cleared up the fact.
All it needed was a little explanation to clear up the misunderstanding.
We need an expert to clear up this theoretical problem.
Maybe we can clear up your problem.
Then the question had better be cleared up at once.
Now that the misunderstanding is cleared up, we can get back to work.
- clear with (v.+prep.)
使获得批准,通过 cause to obtain official approval of sth/sb from sb in power
clear sth with sb
Has the parcel been cleared with the border police yet?
- clear blue 净蓝
- clear brow 安详的神情
- clear concise answer 简明的回答
- clear conscience 问心无愧
- clear crystal 明净的水晶
- clear day 晴天
- clear eyes 明亮的眼睛
- clear glass 明净的玻璃
- clear head 清醒的头脑
- clear light 明亮的灯光
- clear line of demarcation 清楚的界限
- clear mind 清楚的头脑
- clear night 晴夜
- clear outline 清楚的轮廓
- clear photograph 清晰的照片
- clear profit 净利
- clear red 净红
- clear road 畅通的道路
- clear ship 空船
- clear skin 光洁的皮肤
- clear sky 晴空
- clear sound 清晰的声音
- clear tea 清茶
- clear victory 彻底胜利
- clear view of the sea 一览无余的海景
- clear voice 清脆的嗓音
- clear water 清澈的水
- clear about 对…清楚
- clear from 从…显露
- clear in one's speech 谈吐清楚
- clear of a crime 清白无罪
- clear of sb 躲开某人
- clear of the customs 通过海关检查
- clear of the debt 偿清债务
- clear of the gate 避开大门
- clear of the man 避开那人
- clear of traffic 畅通无阻
- clear of worry 无忧无虑
- clear to sb 对某人来说是清楚的
- clear a desk 清理书桌
- clear a particular sum of money 净赚一笔钱
- clear a passage 清理通道
- clear a road 清理道路
- clear a surface 清除表面上的脏东西
- clear doubts 消除心头上的疑虑
- clear expenses 挣足够的钱以供支出
- clear ground 砍伐树木,开垦土地
- clear one's fame 洗清某人的名誉
- clear one's head 清醒头脑
- clear one's meaning 说明本意
- clear one's mind of doubt 清除心中的疑团
- clear one's winter inventories 售清冬天存货
- clear skin 清洗皮肤
- clear snow 清除街上的积雪
- clear the air 使空气清洁,消除误解
- clear the decks 准备作战,准备行动
- clear the obstacles 清除障碍
- clear the room 打扫房间
- clear the streets of snow 清除街上的积雪
- clear the table 把桌上的东西收拾掉
- clear water 使水变清
- clear weeds 清除杂草
- clear entirely 完全地清除
- clear gradually 慢慢地清除
- clear away 拿去,收去
- clear away the tea-things 把茶具收去
- clear off 除去,清除,结束
- clear off a debt 清偿债务
- clear up 清理,整理
- clear up the desk 把桌子整理一下
- clear up the room 清理房间
- clear sb of a charge 证明某人无罪
Cleare as the sunne.出自：Bible (AV): Song of Solomon
The clearest azure.出自： J. B. Priestley
The blackest sin is clear'd with absolution.出自：Rape of Lucrece , Shakespeare
Now clear I understand.出自： Milton
To make Jeff Campbell see much clearer.出自： G. Stein
- clear作“摆脱了的”“完全的,十足的”解时,无比较级和最高级,此时用作定语; clear还可作“在海关通过了检查”解。
- clear from的意思是“不含”,是含有否定意义的短语,用于形式上肯定而意义上否定的含蓄的否定句中。
- clear作“除去”解时,如果宾语是表示地点的名词,所清除之物由of引出; 如果宾语是表示所清除之物的名词,则地点由介词from引出。
- be clear of表示“摆脱，除掉”，而be clear about表示“对……明白，对……明确”，注意两者的使用不要混淆；
- clear away表示“把……清理掉”，clear up则表示“澄清”。
- be clear about, be clear of
- 这两个短语的意思不同:be clear about表示“对…清楚”“对…有把握”, be clear of 表示“无”“不受…影响”。例如:
- I wish I were clear of debt.但愿我的债已还清。
- I hope you are clear about this now.我希望你对此有个清楚的了解。
- clear, apparent, evident, obvious
- apparent侧重于“显露”“显而易见”,从表面上看来非常明显,与real相对立; evident侧重于“可以看得见的”“明显的”,指由于某些证据或考虑各种条件后而推断出来事物是明显的; obvious侧重于“就在眼前”“一目了然”,无须证明而显得更加明显,比evident更加表面化; clear用法及意义很广泛,无论对听觉、视觉或理解力来说,任何明朗清楚的事物都可以用这个词形容。例如:
- The apparent cause of his absence was not a bad cold.他缺席的原因表面上看不是患了重感冒。
- The crimes committed by colonialists are too evident to need any proof.殖民主义者的罪行太显著了,无须加以证明。
- It was an obvious mistake for him to have gone alone.他独自前去是个很明显的错误。
- clear, clean
- clear和clean的意思不同。clear的意思是“清澈”,指没有什么障碍物挡住视线;而clean的意思是“清洁的”。clear water意思是“清澈的水”,表示一眼望到底;而clean water意思是“清洁的水”,吃了不会生病。clean能修饰classroom等不透明物,而clear不能。
- clear, transparent
- 这两个词都可表示“透明的”。transparent不强调清晰,只表示能看得见; clear指视线不受阻挡,强调清楚,不模糊。
- She was trying to hook young Bob, it was clear as mud.
- 事情是一清二楚的,她是想叫年轻的 鲍勃上钩。
- The instructions were badly written, they were about as clear as mud.
- (as) clear as mud有两重意思:“一清二楚”或“一点也不清楚”,应根据上下文分辨。
- clear, clearly
- I don't know if I express myself clear〔clearly〕.我不知道说清楚了没有。
- 1.强调的侧重面不同:clear强调状态, clearly强调方式。例如:
- He spoke clear.
- He spoke clearly.
- That blackguard has got clear away.那个坏蛋已逃之夭夭。
- Miss Jones sings very clearly.琼斯小姐的歌声清脆悦耳。
- Some people fail to see clearly the essence of this policy.有些人完全不懂得这个政策的实质。
- 2.在表达程度上有所不同:speak clearly要比speak clear更言简意赅,此时，clearly须放句末。试比较下面两句的意思:
- Prof. Brown spoke very clearly.
- Prof. Brown spoke loud and clear.
- Clearly, it is a rumour.显然,这是谣言。
- Stand clear of the rails.站得离轨道远些。
- clear up, solve
- 1.clear up指对疑难问题等说清楚、讲明白,使人明白其中的原因; solve指对疑难问题等的解决,并不含有使人明白其中的原因。例如:
- Let's try to clear up our difficult and doubtful points.让我们设法把难点和疑点解决一下。
- John solved a crossword puzzle.约翰解开了纵横填字谜。
- 2.clear up是个通俗用词,无语体之分; solve是个较为正式的用词。
- 3.在求解方程式、交通、能源诸问题时,应当用solve,而不用clear up。例如:
- He helped me solve a mathematical equation.他帮我解出了一道数学方程式。
误 Now the footsteps became clearer and clearer.
正 Now the footsteps became more and more distinct.
析 clear和distinct是同义词, clear的意思是清楚不模糊,轮廓清晰, distinct是清晰可辨。这里用distinct比用clear更为确切。
误 He is clearing weeds of the garden.
正 He is clearing weeds from〔off〕 the garden.
析 表示“从…清除…”,如果宾语是表示地点的名词,所清除之物由of引出; 如果宾语是表示所清除之物的名词,则地点由介词from/off引出。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的cler；最初源自古典拉丁语的clarus，意为清晰的，明亮的。
- unimpeded v.