- 晴朗的,清澈的 without clouds; easy to see through
- 无疑的,确信的 undoubted; certain
- 清楚的,明白的 easy to see, hear or understand
- 畅通的,无阻的 with nothing in the way; empty
- 清晰地,清楚地 in a clear manner
- vt. 清除; 收走 remove; get rid of; what is unwanted or unwelcome
- vt. 使清楚,使明白 make or become clear
- vi. 晴朗起来 become bright; free from clouds
- vt. 证明无罪 show or declare that sb is not guilty
- the state of being free of suspicion;
"investigation showed that he was in the clear"
- a clear or unobstructed space or expanse of land or water;
"finally broke out of the forest into the open"
- readily apparent to the mind;
"a clear and present danger"
"a clear explanation"
"a clear case of murder"
"a clear indication that she was angry"
"gave us a clear idea of human nature"
- free from confusion or doubt;
"a complex problem requiring a clear head"
"not clear about what is expected of us"
- affording free passage or view;
"a clear view"
"a clear path to victory"
"the open countryside"
- allowing light to pass through;
"clear plastic bags"
"the air is clear and clean"
- free from contact or proximity or connection;
"we were clear of the danger"
"the ship was clear of the reef"
- characterized by freedom from troubling thoughts (especially guilt);
"a clear conscience"
"regarded her questioner with clear untroubled eyes"
- (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims;
"efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"
"clear laughter like a waterfall"
"clear reds and blues"
"a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
- (especially of a title) free from any encumbrance or limitation that presents a question of fact or law;
"I have clear title to this property"
- clear and distinct to the senses; easily perceptible;
"as clear as a whistle"
"clear footprints in the snow"
"the letter brought back a clear image of his grandfather"
"a spire clean-cut against the sky"
"a clear-cut pattern"
- accurately stated or described;
"a set of well-defined values"
- free from clouds or mist or haze;
"on a clear day"
- free of restrictions or qualifications;
"a clean bill of health"
"a clear winner"
- free from flaw or blemish or impurity;
"a clear perfect diamond"
"the clear complexion of a healthy young woman"
- clear of charges or deductions;
"a clear profit"
- easily deciphered
- freed from any question of guilt;
"is absolved from all blame"
"was now clear of the charge of cowardice"
"his official honor is vindicated"
- characterized by ease and quickness in perceiving;
"a percipient author"
"read the book clear to the end"
"slept clear through the night"
"there were open fields clear to the horizon"
- in an easily perceptible manner;
"could be seen clearly under the microscope"
"She cried loud and clear"
- rid of obstructions;
"Clear your desk"
- make a way or path by removing objects;
"Clear a path through the dense forest"
- become clear;
"The sky cleared after the storm"
- grant authorization or clearance for;
"Clear the manuscript for publication"
"The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography"
"clear the leaves from the lawn"
"Clear snow from the road"
- go unchallenged; be approved;
"The bill cleared the House"
- be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts;
"The check will clear within 2 business days"
- go away or disappear;
"The fog cleared in the afternoon"
- pass by, over, or under without making contact;
"the balloon cleared the tree tops"
- make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear;
"Could you clarify these remarks?"
"Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment;
"Clear the ship and let it dock"
- clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.;
"clear the water before it can be drunk"
- yield as a net profit;
"This sale netted me $1 million"
- make as a net profit;
"The company cleared $1 million"
- earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages;
"How much do you make a month in your new job?"
"She earns a lot in her new job"
"this merger brought in lots of money"
"He clears $5,000 each month"
"We cleared a lot of the old model cars"
- pass an inspection or receive authorization;
- pronounce not guilty of criminal charges;
"The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
- settle, as of a debt;
"clear a debt"
"solve an old debt"
- make clear, bright, light, or translucent;
"The water had to be cleared through filtering"
- rid of instructions or data;
"clear a memory buffer"
- remove (people) from a building;
"clear the patrons from the theater after the bomb threat"
- remove the occupants of;
"Clear the building"
- free (the throat) by making a rasping sound;
"Clear the throat"
- I made it clear to him that I rejected his proposal.
- There is a clear division of labor in ants.
- His height gives him a clear advantage.
- The guidance of clear aim and working hard can lead to success.
- I'm still not clear what the job involves.
- I am not clear about the reason why you want to go.
- The copy is blurred, it is not very clear.
- The water here is shallow and clear.
- Like the sky, I feel my heart is becoming clear.
- Stars are brilliant in the clear night sky.
- It is only at night when she lies in bed that she feels she has a clear mind.
- The ground should first be cleared of weeds.
- He cleared a space on his desk for a cup of coffee.
- If you don't want to see the introductory pages again after reading the introduction, you can clear the check box.
- In that case you'll have to clear yourself.
- As far as I can see, the weather is not likely to clear up within a few days.
- The government should clear up the question of responsibility.
- He tried hard to speak loud and clear on that occasion.
- She read the book clear to the end within two hours.
I can see the hill through the clear glass.
Through the clear water, we could see fish on the bottom.
He writes very clear articles on politics.
He is a clear thinker.
We must draw a clear line between ourselves and the enemy.
You have four clear days to finish this work.
Allow three clear days for the letter to arrive.
The bill was passed by a clear majority.
It was such a hot day.The water was cool and clear.
The weather was clear that day.
At first the signals were loud and clear, but after a few weeks, they became quieter and hard to understand.
The view of the TV picture is very clear.
The reason for this is clear.
His mind was clear even though he was very ill.
“You are clear,”the guard said to the woman.
He is clear in his language.
My memory is not clear on that point.
The way is clear for you to do what you like.
They are clear what to do next.
I'm quite clear what I ought to do.
I'm not clear what you expect me to do.
It is clear that we can't expect our students always to speak English in well-formed sentences.
It is clear that he was not the man who had robbed the house.
It was clear that his words pleased her.
As early as the summer of 1979, it was clear that only drastic measures could save the Chrysler Corporation.
It is not quite clear yet how those pits on the moon were formed.
I'm sorry to have failed to make myself clear.
The spokesman made it clear that no compromise was yet in sight.
He speaks loud and clear.
The thieves got clear away.
You can see clear to the mountains today.
The car ran clear off the road.
The bullet went clear through the door.
The water began to clear in the vessel.
The snow stopped falling and the sky cleared.
The street slowly cleared.
The smoke gradually cleared.
Then her brow cleared.
His face cleared as he heard my explanation.
He cleared his throat before he spoke.
Why don't you go for a walk to clear your head?
Let's walk ten minutes of fresh air to clear our minds.
The jury's verdict of innocence cleared the accused man.
When Bill was angry with Bob, Bob made a joke, and it cleared the air between them.
We had been annoyed with each other for weeks before we cleared the air.
He clears 10000 pounds a year easily from his business.
We began to study the map when the table was cleared.
All the mines have been cleared.
He's been cleared and can't be tried again for the same offence.
- clear about
对…清楚,对…明白 without doubt, confusion or difficulty
Are you clear about it? 你对它明白吗?
I am not clear about that. 我对那事不太明白。
He wants to be clear about your claims. 他希望清楚了解你的要求。
She seems quite clear about her plans. 她似乎对自己的计划很自信。
Are you quite clear about what I mean? 你很明白我的意思吗?
The students were not quite clear about what the teacher meant. 学生们不太清楚老师的意思是什么。
Are you clear about what you should do at the meeting? 你对你在会上要做什么明确了吗?
Are you clear about what abilities we want to assess? 你清不清楚我们要评估哪方面的能力?
Are you quite clear about what the job involves? 这一工作涉及哪些内容,你都明白吗?
- 对…清楚,对…明白 without doubt, confusion or difficulty
- clear from
不含 not including
He is clear from suspicion. 他没有嫌疑。
- 不含 not including
- clear of
无阻碍 free from obstructions
The ship was clear of the rock. 船避开了礁石。
He keeps clear of danger. 他避开危险。
It's sometimes impossible to keep clear of difficulties. 有时困难是避不开的。
Wait until the road is clear of traffic before crossing. 等路上无车辆来往时,再穿过马路。
Are the rivers clear of ice yet? 河上的冰融尽了吗?
She is clear of the Customs. 她通过了海关检查。
无辜的 free from guilt
You are now clear of all suspicions. 你现在已经没有嫌疑了。
We are clear of blame. 我们无可指责。
摆脱 free from sth undesirable
You are clear of the police now. 你现在摆脱警察了。
Having laboured on the farm for 8 years, she was now clear of debt. 在农场干了八年,她还清了债务。
- 无阻碍 free from obstructions
- clear to
对…清楚 evident; obvious; definite
The individual character of the teacher is not clear to me. 那老师的个性我不太清楚。
What you mean is quite clear to me. 你的意思我明白。
Is what I have said clear to you? 我所说的话你清楚吗?
- 对…清楚 evident; obvious; definite
- clear of
不阻碍,不接触 out of the way of sth; no longer near or touching sth
Keep clear of the door of the lift. 不要靠近电梯的门。
Stand clear of the doors. 别站在门口挡道。
He managed to leap clear of the burning. 他设法从燃烧着的汽车中跳了出来。
He jumped three inches clear of the bar. 他跳得比杆儿高出三英寸。
That horse jumped clear of the hedge. 那匹马一跃而过了矮树丛。
You should keep clear of that fellow. 你不应该跟那个家伙往来。
- 不阻碍,不接触 out of the way of sth; no longer near or touching sth
- clear away (v.+adv.)
散去 disappear clear away
The clouds cleared away.云消散了。
When the match was over the crowd cleared away quickly.比赛结束,人群很快就散了。clear away from sth
The football match came to an end, and the crowd soon cleared away from the ground.足球赛结束了,人群很快从球场散去。
驱除,消除 remove; take away clear away
When he read the letter, his doubts cleared away.他读了那封信以后,就消除了心中的疑虑。clear sb/sth ⇔ away
The police cleared the crowd away.警察把人群疏散开。
We are making further attempts at clearing away all obstacles on the road of advance.我们正在进一步努力清除前进道路上的一切障碍。
His statement cleared away some misapprehension.他的声明澄清了一些误解。
收拾餐桌,拿走 remove the dishes, food, and other remains of a meal; take away sth clear away
Mother always clears away quickly when we have finished eating.母亲总是在我们吃完饭时很快就收拾饭桌。clear sth ⇔ away
Clear away the dishes as soon as you finish eating.你吃完就把碗碟收了。
Mother cleared the dirty dishes away when we had finished eating.当我们吃完饭时,妈妈撤走了脏盘子。
I'll clear these dishes away; then we'll be able to work at the table.我要把这些盘子收走,然后我们才能在桌旁工作。
The waitress will clear away these dishes in a moment.女服务员会马上来收拾这些碗碟。
Clear away your toys now, children!孩子们,现在把玩具拿走!用于 be ～ed 结构
After the bowls and dishes were cleared away , the children sat at the table, playing with building blocks.碗碟收拾好后,孩子们在桌旁坐下来玩积木。
The rubbish must be cleared away.这堆垃圾必须清理干净。
- 散去 disappear clear away
- clear from (v.+prep.)
清除 take away sth, get rid of sth clear sth from sth
They cleared the dishes from the table.他们将桌上的盘碟撤去。
He cleared all the stones from the yard.他把院子里所有的石块都清除了。
Our job is to clear the snow from the road.我们的工作是清除路上的积雪。
- 清除 take away sth, get rid of sth clear sth from sth
- clear of (v.+prep.)
把…从…驱除或清除掉 be free from
Will you help me clear the garden of these stones? 你能帮我把花园里的这些石头清除干净吗?
We must clear the area of enemy soldiers as soon as possible. 我们必须尽快肃清这个地区的敌兵。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The roads are cleared of snow now. 路上的雪已经扫干净了。
证明无罪 prove that sb is not guilty of sth
The judge cleared the prisoner of any crime and set him free. 法官宣布那个犯人无罪并把他释放。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The boy was cleared of stealing. 那个男孩被证明没有偷窃。
He was cleared of taking part in the crime. 他被证明没有参加犯罪活动。
设法忘记 clear one's mind of
I want you to clear your mind of everything that happened before the fire. 我要你把火灾前发生的一切统统忘掉。
- 把…从…驱除或清除掉 be free from
- clear off (v.+adv.)
消散; 消失 pass away or disappear clear off
The sky looks as if it would clear off soon.天空看来马上就会放晴了。
In the afternoon, the mist cleared off and the rest of the day was fine.下午,雾散去了,天气晴朗起来。
(使)离开; 驱除,清除 (cause to) go away ; remove, take away clear off
I'm busy; clear off as fast as you can!我没空,你赶快走开!
The unruly youths soon cleared off when they saw the policeman coming.这些瞎起哄的青年看到警察来了就迅速溜掉。
When the police appeared, the thieves cleared off.当警察出现时,那些小偷都溜掉了。clear sb/sth ⇔ off
Go into the field and clear those boys off.到地里去,把那些男孩赶走。
You may put your books on the shelf when you have cleared it off.你把架子清空以后可以把自己的书放上去。
We must clear off such prejudices and superstitions among ourselves.我们应该去除我们当中的这些偏见和迷信。
收拾餐桌 remove the dishes, food, and other remains of a meal clear sth ⇔ off
Please clear off the dinner things and then you can watch television.请把碗碟收拾收拾,然后再看电视。
还清 settle clear sth ⇔ off
He has at last cleared off all his debts.他终于还清了全部债务。
I hope to clear off my mortgage in a few months' time.我希望在数月之后赎回我的抵押。
廉价处理掉 dispose of clear sth ⇔ off
The shop decided to clear off the summer clothes when the new winter fashions arrived.那家商场购进新的冬季时装时,决定把夏季服装廉价处理掉。
完成 finish sth clear sth ⇔ off
I'd like to clear off the rest of the work which was waiting for me after my holiday.我愿意把度假后要我做的工作全部干完。
- 消散; 消失 pass away or disappear clear off
- clear out (v.+adv.)
清除,清理掉 empty, or go away clear sth ⇔ out
They are busy clearing out the drains.他们正忙于疏通排水道。
It's about time we cleared out the attic; it's full of junk.该把阁楼清空了,里面堆满了废弃物。
I'll clear out that closet and then you can hang your clothes there.我把那只衣柜腾出来,你可以在那里放衣服了。
He cleared out his desk before he was moved to another class.他转到别的班级之前清理了自己的书桌。用于 be ～ed 结构
There will be plenty of room in that cupboard when it is cleared out.把东西都清空后,碗橱里边的地方可大着呢。
洗劫一空 empty a place by robbing it clear sth ⇔ out
The thieves cleared out the store.盗贼把那家商店洗劫一空。
使耗尽全部钱财 take away all the money of clear sb ⇔ out
The boys have cleared me out.那些男孩拿走了我所有的钱。
Ill health seems to have cleared Sarah out.看来体弱多病已经把萨拉弄得不名一文。用于 be ～ed 结构
He was cleared out in the poker game.他打扑克,把钱都输光了。
(使)离开 (cause to) leave quickly clear out
Clear out! And don't come back!滚出去!不要再回来!
He finally told his mother-in-law to clear out and let them live their own lives.最后他叫岳母赶紧离开,让他们独自生活。clear sb ⇔ out
The reactionary police cleared out the pickets by force.反动警察用武力赶走了罢工纠察队员们。clear sb out of sth
The police cleared all the people out of the hotel after the bomb threat.在有人威胁要炸旅馆之后,警察让所有的人离开了旅馆。
They have cleared all the tenants out of those houses.他们把那些房子的全部房客都清出去了。
离家 leave home clear out
I'm fed up with being told what I can do and what I can't do; I'm clearing out. Goodbye!我听够了我应该做什么,不该做什么,我现在要离开这个家了,再会吧!
- 清除,清理掉 empty, or go away clear sth ⇔ out
- clear up (v.+adv.)
把…收拾整齐,打扫干净 tidy and clean clear up
Shall we clear up before we go out?我们是不是在出去前把东西收拾好?clear sth ⇔ up
Let me clear up the thing on the table.让我来把桌子上的东西收拾一下。
Please clear up the litter before you leave the office.请你离开办公室前把这堆废纸杂物清理掉。
I hope you don't expect us to clear up that mess you are making.别指望我们来收拾你弄出来的乱七八糟的东西。用于 be ～ed 结构
You can't go home until your classroom has been cleared up.把你们的教室收拾整洁了再回家。
治疗,治愈 cure; become cured clear up
This skin disease will clear up in a day or two.这种皮肤病一两天之内就会好的。clear sth ⇔ up
Doctor Lin gave some pills to clear up my stomach trouble.林大夫给了我一些治疗胃痛的药片。
The pills cleared up his stomach trouble.这些药丸治好了他的胃痛。
处理,完成 finish clear sth ⇔ up
I'd like to clear up the rest of the work which was waiting for me after my holiday.我喜欢把假期后要做的活一块干完。用于 be ～ed 结构
The matter has been cleared up.事情已经解决。
(天空)放晴 brighten clear up
The weather cleared up.天放晴了。
Although it is still raining, it looks as though it might clear up.尽管天还在下雨,但看来好像会转晴。
They're lucky that the weather has cleared up in time for the tennis match.他们真幸运,天气已经转晴,网球比赛可以按时举行了。
解释,消除 find an answer to sth clear sth ⇔ up
That murder was a mystery for a long time, but a clever detective cleared it up.那次谋杀案长期以来一直是个谜,后来有个机灵的侦探揭开了真相。
She cleared up the fact.她把事实澄清了。
All it needed was a little explanation to clear up the misunderstanding.只需要做一点解释就可以消除误会。
We need an expert to clear up this theoretical problem.我们需要一位专家来搞清楚这个理论问题。
Maybe we can clear up your problem.或许我们能解决你的问题。用于 be ～ed 结构
Then the question had better be cleared up at once.那么,这个问题最好马上就澄清。
Now that the misunderstanding is cleared up, we can get back to work.现在误会已经消除,我们可以回去工作了。
- 把…收拾整齐,打扫干净 tidy and clean clear up
- clear with (v.+prep.)
使获得批准,通过 cause to obtain official approval of sth/sb from sb in power clear sth with sb 用于 be ～ed 结构
Has the parcel been cleared with the border police yet?那个包裹通过边防警察的检查了吗?
- 使获得批准,通过 cause to obtain official approval of sth/sb from sb in power clear sth with sb 用于 be ～ed 结构
- clear blue 净蓝
- clear brow 安详的神情
- clear concise answer 简明的回答
- clear conscience 问心无愧
- clear crystal 明净的水晶
- clear day 晴天
- clear eyes 明亮的眼睛
- clear glass 明净的玻璃
- clear head 清醒的头脑
- clear light 明亮的灯光
- clear line of demarcation 清楚的界限
- clear mind 清楚的头脑
- clear night 晴夜
- clear outline 清楚的轮廓
- clear photograph 清晰的照片
- clear profit 净利
- clear red 净红
- clear road 畅通的道路
- clear ship 空船
- clear skin 光洁的皮肤
- clear sky 晴空
- clear sound 清晰的声音
- clear tea 清茶
- clear victory 彻底胜利
- clear view of the sea 一览无余的海景
- clear voice 清脆的嗓音
- clear water 清澈的水
- clear about 对…清楚
- clear from 从…显露
- clear in one's speech 谈吐清楚
- clear of a crime 清白无罪
- clear of sb 躲开某人
- clear of the customs 通过海关检查
- clear of the debt 偿清债务
- clear of the gate 避开大门
- clear of the man 避开那人
- clear of traffic 畅通无阻
- clear of worry 无忧无虑
- clear to sb 对某人来说是清楚的
- clear a desk 清理书桌
- clear a particular sum of money 净赚一笔钱
- clear a passage 清理通道
- clear a road 清理道路
- clear a surface 清除表面上的脏东西
- clear doubts 消除心头上的疑虑
- clear expenses 挣足够的钱以供支出
- clear ground 砍伐树木,开垦土地
- clear one's fame 洗清某人的名誉
- clear one's head 清醒头脑
- clear one's meaning 说明本意
- clear one's mind of doubt 清除心中的疑团
- clear one's winter inventories 售清冬天存货
- clear skin 清洗皮肤
- clear snow 清除街上的积雪
- clear the air 使空气清洁,消除误解
- clear the decks 准备作战,准备行动
- clear the obstacles 清除障碍
- clear the room 打扫房间
- clear the streets of snow 清除街上的积雪
- clear the table 把桌上的东西收拾掉
- clear water 使水变清
- clear weeds 清除杂草
- clear entirely 完全地清除
- clear gradually 慢慢地清除
- clear away 拿去,收去
- clear away the tea-things 把茶具收去
- clear off 除去,清除,结束
- clear off a debt 清偿债务
- clear up 清理,整理
- clear up the desk 把桌子整理一下
- clear up the room 清理房间
- clear sb of a charge 证明某人无罪
Cleare as the sunne.出自：Bible (AV): Song of Solomon
The clearest azure.出自：J. B. Priestley
The blackest sin is clear'd with absolution.出自：Rape of Lucrece,Shakespeare
Now clear I understand.出自：Milton
To make Jeff Campbell see much clearer.出自：G. Stein
- be clear of表示“摆脱，除掉”，而be clear about表示“对……明白，对……明确”，注意两者的使用不要混淆；
- clear away表示“把……清理掉”，clear up则表示“澄清”。
- clear作“摆脱了的”“完全的,十足的”解时,无比较级和最高级,此时用作定语; clear还可作“在海关通过了检查”解。
- clear from的意思是“不含”,是含有否定意义的短语,用于形式上肯定而意义上否定的含蓄的否定句中。
- clear作“除去”解时,如果宾语是表示地点的名词,所清除之物由of引出; 如果宾语是表示所清除之物的名词,则地点由介词from引出。
- be clear about, be clear of
这两个短语的意思不同:be clear about表示“对…清楚”“对…有把握”, be clear of 表示“无”“不受…影响”。例如:I wish I were clear of debt.但愿我的债已还清。I hope you are clear about this now.我希望你对此有个清楚的了解。
- clear, apparent, evident, obvious
这四个词的共同意思是“明显”“清楚”。其区别是：apparent侧重于“显露”“显而易见”,从表面上看来非常明显,与real相对立; evident侧重于“可以看得见的”“明显的”,指由于某些证据或考虑各种条件后而推断出来事物是明显的; obvious侧重于“就在眼前”“一目了然”,无须证明而显得更加明显,比evident更加表面化; clear用法及意义很广泛,无论对听觉、视觉或理解力来说,任何明朗清楚的事物都可以用这个词形容。例如:The apparent cause of his absence was not a bad cold.他缺席的原因表面上看不是患了重感冒。The crimes committed by colonialists are too evident to need any proof.殖民主义者的罪行太显著了,无须加以证明。It was an obvious mistake for him to have gone alone.他独自前去是个很明显的错误。
- clear, clean
clear和clean的意思不同。clear的意思是“清澈”,指没有什么障碍物挡住视线;而clean的意思是“清洁的”。clear water意思是“清澈的水”,表示一眼望到底;而clean water意思是“清洁的水”,吃了不会生病。clean能修饰classroom等不透明物,而clear不能。
- clear, transparent
- She was trying to hook young Bob, it was clear as mud.
- 事情是一清二楚的,她是想叫年轻的 鲍勃上钩。
- The instructions were badly written, they were about as clear as mud.
- (as) clear as mud有两重意思:“一清二楚”或“一点也不清楚”,应根据上下文分辨。
- clear, clearly
这两个词在作“清楚地”解时,在用法上无多大差别,经常可以互换。例如:I don't know if I express myself clear〔clearly〕.我不知道说清楚了没有。其区别是：1.强调的侧重面不同:clear强调状态, clearly强调方式。例如:
2.在表达程度上有所不同:speak clearly要比speak clear更言简意赅,此时，clearly须放句末。试比较下面两句的意思:
- He spoke clear.
- He spoke clearly.
- That blackguard has got clear away.那个坏蛋已逃之夭夭。
- Miss Jones sings very clearly.琼斯小姐的歌声清脆悦耳。
- Some people fail to see clearly the essence of this policy.有些人完全不懂得这个政策的实质。
3.clear可用作句子的状语。例如:Clearly, it is a rumour.显然,这是谣言。4.clear还可作“离开”解,而clearly无此意。例如:Stand clear of the rails.站得离轨道远些。
- Prof. Brown spoke very clearly.
- Prof. Brown spoke loud and clear.
- clear up, solve
这两者的共同意思是“解决”。其区别是：1.clear up指对疑难问题等说清楚、讲明白,使人明白其中的原因; solve指对疑难问题等的解决,并不含有使人明白其中的原因。例如:Let's try to clear up our difficult and doubtful points.让我们设法把难点和疑点解决一下。John solved a crossword puzzle.约翰解开了纵横填字谜。2.clear up是个通俗用词,无语体之分; solve是个较为正式的用词。3.在求解方程式、交通、能源诸问题时,应当用solve,而不用clear up。例如:He helped me solve a mathematical equation.他帮我解出了一道数学方程式。
- apparent obvious evident clear plain distinct definite manifest
- clean clear sweep dust mop wipe scrub
误 Now the footsteps became clearer and clearer.
正 Now the footsteps became more and more distinct.
析 clear和distinct是同义词, clear的意思是清楚不模糊,轮廓清晰, distinct是清晰可辨。这里用distinct比用clear更为确切。
误 He is clearing weeds of the garden.
正 He is clearing weeds from〔off〕 the garden.
析 表示“从…清除…”,如果宾语是表示地点的名词,所清除之物由of引出; 如果宾语是表示所清除之物的名词,则地点由介词from/off引出。
错句：i'm not clear of where they live.
纠正：i'm not clear about where they live.
分析：be clear about表示“对……明白，对……明确”，注意使用正确的介词。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语lc的er；最初源自古典拉丁语lc的arus，意为清晰的，明亮的。
- adj.(形容词) evident plain obvious certain positive sure glassy limpid transparent empty free open unblocked unhindered unimpeded
- v.(动词) acquit emancipate free rid liberate
- clear:描述清除 Err 对象的所有属性设置。 语法object.Clearobject应为 Err 对象的名称。 说明在错误处理后，使用 Clear 显式地清除 Err 对象。此操作是必须的，例如使用 On…