- 精力， 精神
- 用蒸汽开动， 利用汽力开动
- [U] 蒸汽,气雾,水蒸气 water in the state of a gas produced by boiling
- [U] 蒸汽动力,蒸汽压力 power or effort produced by steam under pressure, and used for making things work or move
- [U] 被压抑的强烈感情; 过剩的精力或劲头 strong feelings or active strength considered as trapped by self-control
- vt. & vi. 冒蒸汽 give out steam
- vi. (靠蒸汽)行驶 travel by steam power
- vt. 熏蒸 use steam on, especially for unsticking or softening
water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere
travel by means of steam power;
"The ship steamed off into the Pacific"
"The rain forest was literally steaming"
rise as vapor
get very angry;
"her indifference to his amorous advances really steamed the young man"
clean by means of steaming;
"steam-clean the upholstered sofa"
cook something by letting steam pass over it;
"just steam the vegetables"
- The engines are driven by steam.
- There was a puff of steam from the engine before it stopped.
- Steam has fogged the bathroom mirror.
- The equipment was originally powered by steam.
- He used to travel by steam.
- The car windows steamed up.
- He steamed the stamp off the envelope.
- The cup of coffee was steaming.
- The ship steamed into the harbor.
- The steam fogged my glasses.
- When the boiler exploded, many people were hurt by the steam.
- The house is heated by steam.
- The use of steam originated many other reforms.
- The surplus steam was blown off through the pipes.
- Blinded by the steam, he had to fish for the soap in his bath.
- Every modest flower needs pure air and will not grow in steam.
- His breath turned to steam that winter morning.
- Diesel fuel has replaced steam on the railway.
- Steam drives machinery.
- The engines are driven by steam.
- The hot gas is used to produce steam which will drive electricity generators.
- In the past two hundred years man has learned to use steam and electricity.
- The industry has just changed over from steam to electricity.
- The old man still has a lot of steam left in him.
- The economy has lost steam.
- The campaign to strengthen discipline seems to be losing steam.
- Expansion joints of various kinds are fitted on steam pipes.
- Electric trains have replaced steam trains in Britain.
- The steam supply to the engine is controlled by the governor.
- There is no other vessel, either steam or sail.
- The kettle was steaming.
- The vegetable soup steamed.
- The fields are steaming in the frosty air.
- That would make him steam again.
- The President was reported to be steaming mad on hearing the news.
- The hot tea steamed my glasses.
- She steamed the strawberry-pudding.
- That woman often likes to steam the skin by covering it with hot towels.
- She held the letter over the kettle to steam it open.
- You can steam open the envelope.
- The steamed bread has dried out.
- full steam ahead
全速前进; 竭尽全力 with as much speed and vigour as possible
- get up steam
打起精神,渐渐激动或愤怒 (of a person) collect one's energy; gradually become excited or angryI don't think I could get up steam to walk all the way—let's take the car.我想我无法打起精神走完全程——还是让我们开车去吧。
- let off steam
宣泄被压抑的过剩精力或情感 release surplus energy or emotion from being restrainedI was so angry I let off steam by shouting at the dog.我非常生气,就向狗大喊大叫来发泄。
- run out of steam
失去动力; 筋疲力尽 become exhausted
- under one's own steam
凭自己的力量; 独立地 without help from others; unaided
- steam off (v.+adv.)
用蒸汽使(某物)脱离 remove (sth stuck on sth) with steam
steam sth ⇔ off
Before you can mount the stamps in your album,you must steam them off their envelopes.
- steam out (v.+adv.)
以蒸汽为动力驶离 leave under steam power
The ship steamed out, all her flags flying.
- steam over1 (v.+adv.)
蒸发,冒蒸汽 give out steam or vapour
The windows have steamed over.
- steam over2 (v.+prep.)
为…发怒 become violent
steam over sth
He was still steaming over the insult he had received.
- steam up (v.+adv.)
使发怒〔激动〕 become violent
His glasses steamed up when he came into the warm room.
他一走进温暖的房间,眼镜就被蒙上一层水蒸气。steam sb ⇔ up
When Adden found out that Caen had not kept their secret, he became all steamed up.
Bill was all steamed up about the movie he had just seen.
- blow off steam 喷出蒸汽
- gather steam 积聚蒸汽
- give off steam 放出蒸汽
- let off steam 放出蒸汽
- make steam in a boiler 用锅炉产生蒸汽
- produce steam 产生蒸汽
- raise steam 加热锅炉,增高气压,振奋精神
- shut off the steam 关闭蒸汽
- turn off the steam 关闭蒸汽
- use steam 使用蒸汽
- get up steam 振奋精神,(车)渐渐加速
- pick up steam (车)渐渐加速
- put on steam 使劲,加油
- run out of steam 筋疲力尽
- work off steam 使劲干活,消耗掉多余的精力,发泄强烈的感情
- dry steam 干蒸汽
- enough steam 足够的蒸汽
- hot steam 热蒸汽
- little steam 少量的蒸汽,没有多少蒸汽
- saturated steam 饱和蒸汽
- wet steam 湿蒸汽
- steam bath 蒸汽浴
- steam box 蒸汽箱
- steam brake 蒸汽制动器
- steam chest 蒸汽柜
- steam cushion 气垫
- steam cylinder 汽缸
- steam dome 汽室
- steam engine 蒸汽机车
- steam hammer 汽锤
- steam iron 喷雾式电熨斗
- steam pipe 输送蒸汽的管道
- steam ship 汽船,轮船
- steam whistle 汽笛
- steam winch 汽动绞车
- travel by steam 乘船旅行
- generation of steam 产生蒸汽
- under steam 在航行中
- ship under steam 在行驶中的船
- at full steam 开足马力,尽力地
- under one's own steam 凭自己的力量
- with full steam 开足马力地,尽力地
- steam upward 水汽升起
- steam angrily 怒不可遏
- steam easily 容易发怒
- steam freely 随意地发怒
- steam horribly 可怕地发怒
- steam incessantly 持续不断地冒蒸汽
- steam quickly 迅速地冒蒸汽
- steam periodically 周期性地冒蒸汽
- steam simultaneously 同时冒蒸汽
- steam slightly 轻微地冒蒸汽
- steam along 奋力前进
- steam off 开走了
- steam over 蒙上了一层水汽
- steam up 布满水汽
Their already wet clothes steamed in the heat.出自： A. Carter
- steam, vapour
- steam指水沸时变成的蒸汽; vapour比steam含义广,常常指由于温度的突然变化而产生的气体。例如:
- A cloud is a mass of vapour in the sky.云块就是天上大量的水汽。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的steam，意为蒸汽。