- v. 谴责；告发；通告废除
- vt. 公开指责 speak publicly against; give information against
- vt. 揭发; 告发 accuse
- vt. 通知废止 give notice that one intends to end a treaty or agreement
speak out against;
"He denounced the Nazis"
to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful;
"He denounced the government action"
"She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
announce the termination of, as of treaties
give away information about somebody;
"He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
- The minister's action was denounced in the newspaper.
- American trade policies have been denounced by some European governments.
- They denounced him to the police as a criminal.
- Somebody denounced him to the military police as a spy.
- Each State Party to this Convention may denounce the Convention.
- He denounced the bad woman to the police.
- We should denounce a heresy.
- She denounced his drinking.
- The newspapers denounced the new taxes.
- The government denounced the treaty.
- He was bitterly denounced.
- Mary denounced him as an illegal alien.
- He denounced his own brother as a thief.
- He was denounced as a rascal.
- His behaviour was denounced as worthy of punishment.
- denounce for (v.+prep.)
因…而谴责,就…告发 expect (sth) from (sb or sth)
denounce sb for sth/v-ing
Father denounced his son for lies.
Mary denounced her husband for bad behaviour.
The woman denounced her neighbour for helping the enemy.
- denounce bitterly〔roundly〕 严厉地斥责
- denounce furiously 狂怒地指责
- denounce hotly〔violently〕 猛烈地抨击
- denounce insultingly 侮辱性地指责
I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish.出自：Bible (AV): Deuteronomy
He was solemnly denounced excommunicate.出自： J. Strype
- censure 责难
- condemn 谴责
- accuse 谴责
- blame 责备
- charge 责任
- criticize 批评
- deplore 悲叹
- deprecate 声明不赞成
- betray 背叛
- decry 责难
- point the finger at 指着某人
- inform 通知
- reproach 责备
- indict 起诉
- damn 该死
- thunder 雷
- impeach 归咎
- cloud 云
- impute 归罪于
- rail 栏杆
- give away 赠送
- brand 烙印
- scold 责骂
- shit 表示愤怒、厌恶等的感叹词...
- mark 记号
- snitch 告密者
- rebuke 指责
- stigmatise 使蒙上污名...
- rat 变节者
- grass 草
- stigmatize 污蔑
- stag 只准男子参加的...
- shop 商店
- tell on 影响到 ...