- 浓密的，浓厚的， 厚密的，浓重的，难于透过的
- 密集的,稠密的,浓密的 closely packed or crowded together
- 密度大的 difficult to see through
- 愚笨的 stupid
permitting little if any light to pass through because of denseness of matter;
hard to pass through because of dense growth;
having high relative density or specific gravity;
"dense as lead"
slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity;
"so dense he never understands anything I say to him"
"never met anyone quite so dim"
"although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"
"dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"
"he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"
"worked with the slow students"
- My hometown is a large city with a dense population.
- Books with dense print can be difficult to read.
- A dense mass of black hair framed his face.
- They hewed their way through the dense jungle.
- Dense fog is covering roads in the north and visibility is very poor.
- We entered a dense forest.
- Some dense substances allow electricity to flow through them freely.
- The fog was very dense.
- He is so dense, he'll never understand your message.
- The corridor was dense with people.
- The crowd is so dense that we could hardly move.
- dense structure 致密结构
- dense aggregate 密实骨料
- dense medium 重悬浮液
- dense product 密致制品
- dense body 致密体
- dense negative 深底片
- dense annulus 致密环
- dense fog 浓雾
- dense smoke 浓烟
- dense charge 紧密炉料
- dense layer 密集层
- dense set 稠集
- dense bronze 密致青铜
- dense wood 密纹木材,紧密木材...
- dense concrete 密实混凝土
- dense phase 密相
- dense powder 致密粉末,浓缩药...
It pervades all bodies, dense as well as rare.出自： R. J. Sullivan
A dense fog, when it seemed as if a tangible white darkness shut you in.出自： H. Keller
Seawater that has lost its heat in melting icebergs is very dense and plunges to the very bottom of the ocean.出自： F. Hoyle
- dense, thick
- 这两个词意思基本相同,但有细微差别:thick是日常用语,用得略微广泛些,可形容牛奶、粥、油漆、雾、森林、树叶、毛发等表示其黑暗、浓、稠、密、深等; 但在特指空气的变化或状态时多用dense, dense也常用于比喻,指“头脑顽固”的本性或“根深蒂固”的特点。例如:
- The peaks were veiled in thick mist.浓雾笼罩着群峰。
- He is a dense fellow, just like a donkey.他是一个头脑顽固的家伙,就像一头驴。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自希腊语的dasus，意为浓厚的。