- vt. 撤回；取回；撤退；提款
- vi. 撤退；退缩；走开
- vt. & vi. 取〔收回〕 pull or draw back
- vt. & vi. (使)撤退〔出〕 (cause to) move back or away
pull back or move away or backward;
"The enemy withdrew"
"The limo pulled away from the curb"
withdraw from active participation;
"He retired from chess"
release from something that holds fast, connects, or entangles;
"I want to disengage myself from his influence"
"disengage the gears"
cause to be returned;
"recall the defective auto tires"
"The manufacturer tried to call back the spoilt yoghurt"
take back what one has said;
"He swallowed his words"
keep away from others;
"He sequestered himself in his study to write a book"
break from a meeting or gathering;
"We adjourned for lunch"
"The men retired to the library"
"He bowed out when he realized he could no longer handle the demands of the chairmanship"
remove (a commodity) from (a supply source);
"She drew $2,000 from the account"
"The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospital's emergency bank"
"he retired from life when his wife died"
make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity;
"We'll have to crawfish out from meeting with him"
"He backed out of his earlier promise"
"The aggressive investment company pulled in its horns"
remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract;
"remove a threat"
"remove a wrapper"
"Remove the dirty dishes from the table"
"take the gun from your pocket"
"This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
- In view of members reservation and request for further information, the Administration agreed to withdraw the item.
- He wanted to withdraw his name from the guest list.
- I'd like to withdraw some money from my account.
- The troops have been withdrawn from the danger area.
- He withdrew his horse from the race.
- Tell the men to withdraw from their new position.
- He may withdraw into his own private world.
- He talked to us for an hour and then withdrew.
- Cage withdrew the remark.
- I want to withdraw a statement I made earlier.
- He refused to withdraw the offending expression.
- The general decided to withdraw his soldiers.
- You must present your cheque card when you withdraw any money.
- The garrison was immediately withdrawn.
- withdraw from (v.+prep.)
从…提取 take (usually money) out of (a bank, etc.)
withdraw from sth
He withdrew from the room.
Why did you withdraw from the race?
Tell the men to withdraw from their new position.
He has withdrawn from the world.
他已隐退。withdraw sb/sth from sth
Bill's parents withdrew him from school.
She quickly withdrew her hand from the hot iron.
I wish to withdraw my name from the guest list.
Our force has been withdrawn from the danger area.
我们的军队已从危险地区撤出。withdraw sth from sth
I'd like to withdraw 1000 dollars from my savings account and put it in my cheque account.
- withdraw to (v.+prep.)
退入; 撤退到 move back to some place
withdraw to sth
She withdrew to an inner room.
They have withdrawn to a safer area.
- withdraw one's criticism 撤回批评
- withdraw a curtain 拉开窗帘
- withdraw money 提款
- withdraw an offer 撤回报价
- withdraw the remark 撤回前言
- withdraw a statement 撤回声明
- withdraw formally 正式退出
- withdraw gracefully 优美地退下
- withdraw gradually 慢慢撤下
- withdraw hastily 急忙收回
- withdraw honourably 光荣地退下
- withdraw immediately 立即撤回
- withdraw modestly 有礼貌地收回
- withdraw mysteriously 神秘地退出
- withdraw noiselessly 无声无息地退出
- withdraw steadily 稳稳地收回
- withdraw unconsciously 不知不觉地收回
Alexandra tried to withdraw her hand, but Frank held on to it.出自： W. Cather
- withdraw既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时,常与介词from, to连用。
- withdraw, retire, retreat
- retire指从公共场所移到私人场所,用法较为正式; withdraw与retire相似,为正式用语,现已较少使用; retreat多指从危险的处境中退出,也可能从一个地方移到另一个安静的私人场所。
- remove 消除
- retire 退休
- retreat 撤退
- extract 摘录
- revoke 撤回，取消，废除...
- retract 缩回
- depart 离开
- leave 委托
- take out 取出
- take back 收回
- draw 拖
- pull out 拔出
- vacate 空出
- recede 后退
- renounce 声明放弃
- disavow 否认
- quit 停止
- reverse 逆转
- abandon 放弃
- go away 离开(走掉)
- subtract 减去
- deduct 扣除
- repeal 废止
- fall 落下
- annul 废除
- unearth 发掘
- shrink 收缩
- uproot 连根拔起
- evacuate 疏散
- back 后面
- fall back 后退
- go 去
- pull back 拉回
- move back 退缩
- take 拿
- seclude 隔离
- draw off 取回
- back away 逐渐后退
- unsay 取消
- call back 回电话
- pull in one's horns 退缩
- bow out 退出
- crawfish 小龙虾
- swallow 燕子
- take away 拿走
- call in 召集
- adjourn (使)延期
- disengage 解除
- sequestrate 扣押
- back out 退出
- pull away (把 ... )开走...
- draw back 撒回
- recall 回忆
- sequester 使 ... 隔绝
- deposit 放置