- vt. 连根拔起；迁离；根除
move (people) forcibly from their homeland into a new and foreign environment;
"The war uprooted many people"
destroy completely, as if down to the roots;
"the vestiges of political democracy were soon uprooted"
"root out corruption"
pull up by or as if by the roots;
"uproot the vine that has spread all over the garden"
- Whthin seconds a tornado can uproot trees.
- The trunk of an elephant is powerful enough to uproot trees.
- The family decided to uproot themselves and emigrate to Australia.
- To take the new job he had to uproot his whole family and settled abroad.
- A bad habit once contracted takes a very long time to uproot (or root up).
- A bad habit once contracted takes a very long time to uproot.
A system of tipping had prevailed..which he would endeavour to uproot.出自：Daily News
She uprooted the family from Kent..and went to farthest Pembrokeshire.出自：Daily Telegraph
- deracinate 根除
- extract 摘录
- withdraw 撤回
- remove 消除
- pull up (使)停下
- dig up 挖出
- rip up 撕碎
- displace 取代
- evacuate 疏散
- move on 继续前进
- relocate 重新装置
- extirpate 根除
- eradicate 根除
- exterminate 消灭
- out 出
- pull 拉
- pull out 拔出
- root out 根除
- establish 建立