pull back or move away or backward;
"The enemy withdrew"
"The limo pulled away from the curb"
use a surgical instrument to hold open (the edges of a wound or an organ)
- She finally took back her words.
- He will not draw back from what he has promised.
- The fishermen draw in their nets full of fish.
- The lights dimmed,the curtain went up,and we settled back to enjoy the play.
- We must not fall back before the enemy.
- Shoulder shrugging is also defined as a form of selp-protection, or a signal to back off when facing difficult situations.