- n. 回忆；取消；召回
- vt. 召回；恢复；回想起；唤起；与 ... 相似
- （使）想起， 回想，回忆，记得，勾起
- [S]召回,唤回 call to return
- [U]记忆力 the power to remember sth learned or experienced
- vt. & vi. 记起 bring back to the mind; recollect
- vt. 召回 call back
a request by the manufacturer of a defective product to return the product (as for replacement or repair)
a call to return;
"the recall of our ambassador"
a bugle call that signals troops to return
the process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort);
"he has total recall of the episode"
the act of removing an official by petition
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection;
"I can't remember saying any such thing"
"I can't think what her last name was"
"can you remember her phone number?"
"Do you remember that he once loved you?"
"call up memories"
go back to something earlier;
"This harks back to a previous remark of his"
call to mind;
"His words echoed John F. Kennedy"
summon to return;
"The ambassador was recalled to his country"
"The company called back many of the workers it had laid off during the recession"
cause one's (or someone else's) thoughts or attention to return from a reverie or digression;
"She was recalled by a loud laugh"
make unavailable; bar from sale or distribution;
"The company recalled the product when it was found to be faulty"
cause to be returned;
"recall the defective auto tires"
"The manufacturer tried to call back the spoilt yoghurt"
- Do you have any recall of that meeting?
- The new law is now established beyond recall.
- The experiment sample the raw test of novel Hero Borns to test for times , and it acquires an accuracy of 86.93% , while an recall rate of 91.83%.
- With the impulse of "mercantile system", the Occident adjust their policy one after the other, recall Jew in succession.
- I remember her face but I cannot recall where I met her.
- I can't recall how long it has been.
- The danger recalled him to a sense of duty.
- The recall of the ambassador was embarrassing for the country.
- He has complete recall and never forgets anything.
- As you may recall,he was in the army then.
- I can't recall your name.
- I can't recall the exact circumstances.
- I can recall stories that my mother told me years ago.
- The scene recalled her childhood.
- They recalled the dangers they had passed through.
- Tears choked her voice as she recalled the past.
- Recall your messenger.
- They recalled some reserve units after war broke out.
- The makers have recalled a lot of cars that were unsafe.
- Since we have placed an order with that firm, we won't recall it.
- She realized her mistake and tried to recall her decision, but it was then too late.
- The ambassador was recalled home by his government.
- I don't recall where to meet her.
- I don't recall how to do it.
- John recalled attending school with Mary.
- I recall questioning him at that time as to why he had made this decision.
- He recalled having read such a poem before.
- I can not recall having met him before.
- I could not recall having heard anyone say that before.
- I can't recall that he said anything about the payment.
- I don't recall that he ever took part in that activity.
- I recalled that he had mentioned the problem once.
- I can not recall where he lives.
- I could recall where we had agreed to meet.
- She looked familiar but I couldn't recall where I had seen her before.
- Jack recalled what had happened the other day.
- beyond〔past〕 recall
不能挽回的impossible to be changed
- recall from (v.+prep.)
从…召回 order the return of sb
recall sb from somewhere
We demand that you recall your army from our border.
He was recalled from abroad.
The commander was recalled from the front line by urgent affairs.
- recall to (v.+prep.)
迫使(某人)恢复 force the consciousness of sb to return to a sense of duty or correct behaviour
- have some recall 有些记忆
- complete recall 完好的记忆力
- recall an address 回忆某个地址
- recall one's bitter experience 回忆痛苦的经历
- recall a certain incident 回忆某事件
- recall the details 回忆细节
- recall sb's name 回忆某人的名字
- recall old faces 想起老朋友的面貌
- recall one's schooldays 回忆学生时代
- recall a bid 收回(在拍卖现场的)出价
- recall a decree 撤销法令
- recall defective products 收回有缺陷的产品
- recall an order 撤销订货单
- recall a promise 取消诺言
- recall home 召回国
- recall bitterly 痛苦地回忆起
- recall distinctly 清楚地回想起
- recall momentarily 瞬间回想起
- recall vividly 生动地回想起
- recall back 召回
To reach owners..manufacturers publicise their recalls.出自：Which?
He..recalls us from our wandering thoughts.出自： T. Gray
He recalled the actors whom the..Emperor banished.出自： R. Graves
Murry was recalled to England to face bankruptcy proceedings.出自： G. Boddy
- recall常接介词from表示“从…召回”; 接介词to表示“召回”“迫使(某人)恢复”。
I recall meeting him somewhere.
Let me recall a case within my recent experience.
- 在美国，recall可表示“罢免权或罢免”的意思，Me recall（罢免权），power of recall（罢免权）以及the threat of recall（罢免的威胁）这几种表达中常不习惯在recall前加the；
- recollect，remember和recall的比较：三者都可表示“回忆，想起”的意思，但用法不同。recollect与remember一样，主语必须是人，而recall既可以人为主语，也可以事物为主语，常见的结构为recall sth to sb；
recall还可表示为”退回，取回“，等同于“call back”，结构为recall sth/sb from...to...。
He was recalled from retirement to active duty.
- recall, mind, recollect, remember, remind
- I can still recall your saying to me that you were going to be a lawyer.我还记得清你对我说过你要当律师的事。
- I don't recall where to meet her.我不能记起在哪儿见过她。
- I don't recall how to do it.我不能记忆起怎样做那事。
- Now,I remember.We met for the first time in the Dabie Mountains.哦,我想起来了。我们第一次是在大别山见面的。
- I have never had this kind of experience since I can remember.自我记事以来,我从来没有这样的经历。
- She caught herself remembering how things were there twenty years before.她不由自主地回想起20年前那里的情景。
- 4.remind指通过媒介或激发力而“想起”。 例如:
- The picture reminded him of his home and family in Taiwan.这幅画使他想起了在台湾的故乡和亲人。
- The time of year reminds me how the months have gone.每年这个时候都使我想起那些月份是怎么过去的。
- She sat there quietly and began to recollect their happy holidays.她静静地坐在那儿,开始回忆起他们愉快的假日。
- ☆ 1582年进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的revocare，意为召回。
- remember 记得
- recollection 回忆
- call back 回电话
- memory 记忆力
- call in 召集
- withdraw 撤回
- bring to mind 想起
- evoke 唤起
- reminiscence 回想
- call to mind (使)想起
- take back 收回
- take out 取出
- remembrance 回想
- recollect 回忆
- reminisce 追忆
- review 复习
- summon 召唤
- annul 废除
- repeal 废止
- retract 缩回
- revoke 撤回，取消，废除...
- recognition 承认
- call 呼叫
- back 后面
- come back 回来
- think 认为
- hark back 折回
- echo 发出回声
- return 返回
- retrieve 恢复
- callback 召回
- call up 给 ... 打电话...
- remind 使想起
- memorize 记住
- issue 议题