- vt. & vi. 写 draw on a surface, especially with a pen or pencil on paper
- vt. 写信 compose (a letter), and usually post it
produce a literary work;
"She composed a poem"
"He wrote four novels"
communicate or express by writing;
"Please write to me every week"
have (one's written work) issued for publication;
"How many books did Georges Simenon write?"
"She published 25 books during her long career"
communicate (with) in writing;
"Write her soon, please!"
communicate by letter;
"He wrote that he would be coming soon"
"Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
mark or trace on a surface;
"The artist wrote Chinese characters on a big piece of white paper"
"Russian is written with the Cyrillic alphabet"
record data on a computer;
"boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word);
"He spelled the word wrong in this letter"
create code, write a computer program;
"She writes code faster than anybody else"
- I've been writing for three hours.
- Nature inspired him to write such beautiful poems.
- But there are some parts of the world where even now people cannot write.
- The new doctor smiled smugly as he continued to write on his clipboard.
- Britten was born in 1913 and began to write music while he was still very young.
- When he was very young, he began to learn to read and write.
- I'm afraid you wrote wrong.
- He writes very well.
- I should have written yesterday, but I was not fit.
- I have been writing this week.
- My brother can write a good hand.
- Please write your name here.
- Let's write a notice of next Friday's meeting.
- Never before had she written so many complaints.
- Sticking to this principle, he has written many more songs.
- He wanted to write his own thoughts.
- He realized that he must feel with the people and write the music they need.
- I have written my graduation thesis.
- She wrote us, saying she would be back the following week.
- I churned out hundreds of newspaper articles, along with a few books, to raise three children and write them through college.
- The message was written with pencil.
- The book was written in German.
- I wrote to let them know that I was coming.
- Mary wrote to say that she had decided not to come.
- Bernard Shaw has just written to say he will do us an Irish play.
- He wrote asking me to come.
- She wrote asking him if he had ever loved her.
- He wrote thanking me for the present.
- Dick wrote that he was coming back to Paris to stay indefinitely.
- He wrote what he saw.
- I wrote my mother a letter hurriedly.
- He wrote me an account of his visit.
- Please do not mind my writing these opinions to you.
- He had written his unit that we were coming and had made preparations.
- She wrote Beijing “Peking”.
- He wrote her to come.
- The proposals were sent to them in written form.
- On the next day they began the written part of the examination.
- Written records show that acupuncture dates back to the Song Dynasty.
- There is no written agreement between them about this.
- It was the first written constitution France had ever had.
- They were reviewing a lesson written on the blackboard in the Latinized Chinese phonetic script.
- write about (v.+prep.)
写…的事; 写到…; 把(某事)作为写作的主题 write of; write on; have sb/sth as the subject of writing
write about sb/sth
He hoped they would write objectively about China.
And now Gogarty writes about food difficulties in his town.
Harry wrote about his adventures in the war every week.
- write against (v.+prep.)
写(文章)反对(某事或某人) oppose sb/sth in writing
write against sb/sth
You can be imprisoned for writing against the government.
- write away (v.+adv.)
连续写作 write continuously
write away for sth
He wrote away for some catalogues.
They wrote away for a fresh supply of penicillin.
他们发信要求再供应一批青霉素。write away to-v
I've written away to order the second edition of the dictionary.
She wrote away all day, filling page after page.
Don't interrupt him; he's been writing away all morning and likes to have a long period free of other considerations.
- write back (v.+adv.)
回信reply by letter
Please write back as soon as possible.
As we expected,Jim wrote back straight away to turn down our request.
He writes me a letter every day, but I don't write back very often.
他每天给我写信,但我不常给他回信。write sb ⇔ back
I received Mum's letter two weeks ago, but I couldn't write her back until the term exam.
我两周前收到妈妈的信,但我在期末考试前无法给她回信。write back that-clause
She has just written back that she's too busy to get away.
- write down (v.+adv.)
贬低(地位、重要性等)reduce (position or value)
write sth ⇔ down
Another wrote down his sincere wish in the visitors' book,“May our friendship last forever!”
He has written down many of the things he has learned from them in scientific papers.
If I didn't write them down,I might forget all about them.
What you've said has been written down.Sign your name at the bottom of the paper.
你所说的一切都被记录下来,在这张纸的下面签上你的名字。write sb down as n\u002e/adj\u002e
Don't write me down as a fool!
You say he is clever, but I'd write him down as ignorant.
你说他聪明,我可认为他很无知。write sb/sth ⇔ down
Though several critics have tried to write down the play, it is still very popular.
- write for (v.+prep.)
写信要求提供(货物、信息等) order sth such as goods, information, etc. by post
write for sb/sth
Do you like writing for children?
你愿意为儿童写作吗?write sth for sb/sth
Part of the secretary's job is to write short reports for the director.
The great musician wrote simple pieces for his young wife, when she was learning to play.
这位伟大的音乐家的年轻妻子学习演奏时,他为她写了几段简单的曲子。write for sth
She wrote for fun for many years before starting to write seriously for a living.
在她开始正正经经地为谋生而写作之前,有许多年她以写作自娱。write for sth
After writing for the theatre for many years, he turned to the art of film.
他从事戏剧写作多年之后,又开始搞电影艺术。write for sth
Have you written for the booklist yet?
- write home about (v.+adv.+prep.)
值得大书特书be sth especially remarkable
write home about sth
The entertainment at the party was something to write home about.
His cooking is really something to write home about.
The play was something to write home about .
He told us that the exhibition was not bad, but it was nothing to write home about.
The play was OK,I suppose, but nothing much to write home about.
I've been busy, but nothing to write home about.
I had a dull week—nothing to write home about.
I've had a look at the dresses in the new boutique, but they're nothing to write home about.
- write in (v.+adv.)
将…插写进去insert in a written text
To expose the corrupt dealings, you may write in to the reporting center.
Some senior students wrote in asking for information concerning postgraduate studies.
一些四年级学生写信询问有关研究生课程的信息。write sth ⇔ in
He wrote in an additional paragraph at the editor's request.
Any alterations should be written in neatly to the left side.
- write into (v.+prep.)
写进include sth in a written text
write sth into sth
That's only someone's personal opinion, we don't have to write it into the document.
We will sign the agreement on condition that not a single word of racial discrimination is written into it.
- write off (v.+adv.)
毁掉; 结束掉damage sth badly
write sth ⇔ off
He wrote off three letters within ten minutes.
She has written off an account of her trip.
她一口气把旅行见闻写了下来。write sb/sth ⇔ off
It may not be a bad thing that they write off their marriage before it begins.
Do you think we'd better write off the party?
They wrote the team off just because the boys of the team were too young.
他们取消这个队,仅仅因为队里的小伙子们太年轻。write sb/sth ⇔ off as n\u002e/adj
She has made such a poor showing in her work lately that we have to write her off as negligible for the post.
They wrote the meeting off as a failure.
他们认为会议开得是失败的。write sth ⇔ off
They wrote the car off.
He wrote off a pretty shabby kind of life by killing himself.
In the accident, the car was almost completely written off and the driver was seriously injured.
The plane was completely written off and the pilot died.
- write out (v.+adv.)
使(自己)竭尽才智无可再写 exhaust the ideas or resources of (oneself) by writing all one has to say
write sth ⇔ out
My mother always writes out a shopping list before she goes shopping, but she never uses it while shopping.
He wrote out the agreement after its terms had been agreed to by both parties.
The director has asked me to write out a report of the decisions taken at last committee meeting.
The department requested that all teaching practice reports be written out before the end of the month.
When the document is written out you may send it off.
文件缮写完毕后你可以把它发出去。write sb ⇔ out
They've written me out!The character I was playing dies in the third part!
他们安排我下了场!我所扮演的角色在该剧的第三集中死了!write oneself ⇔ out
The author seems to have written himself out.
The poet had written himself out before he was 30, and produced no other good poems for the rest of his long life.
- write to (v.+prep.)
按照(计划或规定,如时间、篇幅等的安排)来写plan one's writing of sth so as to fit or obey a plan or limit, as of time or length
write to sb/sth
He never failed to write to his mother every week.
You're expected to write to us as soon as possible.
I've been battling with my conscience for several days, and now I know I have to write to you.
I shall write to them on hearing from you.
I intend to write to the shop asking for an explanation of this bill.
我打算给那家商店去函要求他们解释这张账单。write to sb to-v
He decided to write to the Ministry of Health to come.
他决定给卫生部写信,要部长来。write sth to sb
You haven't written one letter to me since the summer!
入夏以来,你还没有给我写过一封信!write sth to sb
Words have now been written to that well-known piece of music.
那首著名的乐曲现在已填上了歌词。write sth to sb/sth
He wrote poem after poem to her beauty.
The book was written to his children.
这本书是献给他的孩子们的。write to sth
Writing to a contract date is the only way some writers would ever finish a book.
It is good practice to write to a certain length.
按照一定的长度进行写作是一种好的练习。write sth to sth
The article should be written to a careful plan.
- write up (v.+adv.)
全部写出,充实报道make a full written record
write sth ⇔ up
The first thing he does after class is to write up the rough notes he makes in class.
Mr. Black wrote up their acting in the play.
They wrote up the affair in the papers.
Our experiment was written up into a report.
- write a book 写书
- write a book report 写读书报告
- write a composition 写作文
- write a film script 写电影剧本
- write a good hand 写一手好字
- write a letter 写封信
- write a novel 写小说
- write a paper 写论文
- write a play 写剧本
- write a poem 写诗
- write a poor hand 字写得不好
- write admirably 极为成功地写
- write affectionately 深情地写
- write anonymously 匿名写
- write appealingly 有趣地写
- write artistically 富有艺术创造力地写
- write assiduously 持之以恒地写
- write authoritatively 权威地写
- write badly 写得差
- write barbarously 无礼地写
- write brilliantly 高明地写
- write calmly 悄悄地写
- write carefully 细心地写
- write characteristically 具有特色地写
- write charitably 慷慨地写
- write clearly 写得清楚
- write confidentially 秘密地写
- write confidently 满怀信心地写
- write conscientiously 诚心诚意地写
- write consistently 始终如一地写
- write contemptuously 傲慢地写
- write convincingly 令人信服地写
- write cordially 真心诚意地写
- write creditably 值得称赞地写
- write crudely 无理地写
- write cynically 愤世嫉俗地写
- write daintily 斯文地写
- write deceitfully 不诚实地写
- write deliberately 有意地写
- write depreciatingly 不情愿地写
- write determinedly 坚决地写
- write earnestly 认真地写
- write energetically 有力地写
- write enthusiastically 全心全意地写
- write exorbitantly 极其过分地写
- write expertly 熟练地写
- write expressly 快速地写
- write extemporaneously 临时地写
- write falteringly 犹豫地写
- write fascinatingly 迷人地写
- write genially 亲切地写
- write glibly 圆滑地写
- write gloomily 忧伤地写
- write graphically 形象地写
- write grotesquely 可笑地写
- write hesitatingly 犹豫不决地写
- write hurriedly 匆忙地写
- write ignobly 不光彩地写
- write impatiently 不耐烦地写
- write impiously 不恭地写
- write impudently 厚颜无耻地写
- write inadvertently 非故意地写
- write industriously 勤奋地写
- write ineffectually 效果不佳地写
- write ingeniously 巧妙地写
- write inscrutably 高深莫测地写
- write insidiously 不知不觉地写
- write instinctively 凭直觉写
- write intermittently 断断续续地写
- write involuntarily 不由自主地写
- write irresistibly 不可抗拒地写
- write laboriously 努力地写
- write languidly 懒散地写
- write laudably 值得赞美地写
- write left-handedly 用左手写字
- write listlessly 无精打采地写
- write ludicrously 荒唐可笑地写
- write magnanimously 大度地写
- write mechanically 习惯性地写
- write methodically 有条理地写
- write necessarily 有必要地写
- write painfully 痛苦地写
- write passionately 热情地写
- write philosophically 冷静地写
- write phlegmatically 冷淡地写
- write physically 踏踏实实地写
- write personally 亲自写
- write picturesquely 生动地写
- write prematurely 提前地写
- write pretentiously 狂妄地写
- write politely 彬彬有礼地写
- write poorly 很少写
- write professionally 专业化地写
- write punctually 准时写
- write realistically 用写实手法写
- write regularly 定期地写
- write rhythmically 有节奏地写
- write satirically 讽刺性地写
- write scientifically 科学地写
- write simultaneously 同一时间地写
- write sincerely 严肃地写
- write solemnly 庄严地写
- write superficially 表面上地写
- write systematically 系统地写
- write thoroughly 详尽地写
- write thoughtfully 考虑周到地写
- write tremulously 大胆地写
- write uncomfortably 不自在地写
- write unexpectedly 意外地写
- write unthinkingly 不假思索地写
- write urgently 急切地写
- write vigorously 精力充沛地写
- write away 一个劲写下去
- write back 回信
- write down 写下来
- write in 插写进去
- write off 注销,取消
- write off a bad debt 划去无法收回的账
- write out 写出来
- write out a speech 写演说辞
- write up 把(姓名等)写在公共场合,把(笔记等)整理成文
- write about 写,描写
- write about the war 描写战争
- write for 为…写作,为…撰稿
- write for magazines 为杂志撰稿
- write for the press 为报刊写文章
- write from one's own experience 根据自己的亲身经历来写作
- write in 用…写
- write in chalk 用粉笔写
- write of 写,描写
- write of the war 描写战争
- write on 在…上写,以…为题写
- write on mathematics 写数学著作
- write to 写信给,为…填词
- write to that shop 写信给那家商店
- write under a pen name 用笔名写作
- write with ease 笔墨流畅
The cuneiform inscription is written in the Babylonian language.出自：British Museum Magazine
Roll on, thou..dark blue Ocean!..Time writes no wrinkle on thy azure brow.出自： fig.
- write, write about
- write和write about都是“写…”的意思,但write的宾语常用book, letter, report, composition等词,即“形式”; 而write about的宾语则往往指写作的内容或题材,意思是 “写关于…的事”。
- write sb, write to sb
- 两者均可指“给…写信”, write sb 主要用在美式英语中,而write to sb 主要用在英式英语中。
- write to-v, be writing to-v
- write接动词不定式时可用于一般现在时,也可用于现在进行时。前者较为正式,多用于公文体中; 后者较随便,多用于私人信函中。例如:
- I write to inform you that we have made preparation.
- I am writing to inform you that she is leaving tomorrow.
- write, jot, pen
- 这组词都有“写”的意思。其区别在于： pen指“用钢笔写”,暗含“用心写”的意味; jot指匆匆写下,用什么笔写并不限制,其后常接down; write的含义最广泛,是日常用语,与前两个词相比,显得更大方、庄重,多指“写信”。例如:
- He jotted her address down on his newspaper.他在报纸上草草记下了她的地址。
- The children are learning to write.孩子们正在学写字。
- We can't help him this time.Write back to tell him that he has to depend on himself.
- We can't help him this time.Write back telling him that he has to depend on him- self.
- 这次咱们帮不了他,回信告诉他只能 靠自己。
- Tell me more when you have time to write to me.
- Tell me more when you have time to write me.
- Tell me more when you have time to write a letter to me.
- Tell me more when you have time to write me a letter.
- write a letter home
- write home
- Have you written a letter back to your aunt yet, thanking her for her invitation?
- Have you written your aunt back a letter yet, thanking her for her invitation?
- I shall write to him to come immediately.
- (是他来,不是我来。动词不定式是宾 语补足语)
- I shall write to him to answer his question.
- (我回答,不是他回答。动词不定式是 目的状语)
- He wrote to her in Shanghai.
- He wrote to her from Shanghai.
- She wrote for a recommendation.
- She wrote me for a recommendation.
- She wrote a recommendation for me.
- She wrote a recommendation for me.
- She wrote a recommendation to me.
误 He wrote them with the latest news.
正 He wrote them the latest news.
正 He wrote the latest news to them.
误 Please write out my phone number in your diary before you forget it.
正 Please write down my phone number in your diary before you forget it.
析 表示“写下来”可以说write down,而write out意思为“写出来”“开(出)”。亨利在他的书中写到他在战争中的历险经历。
误 Harry wrote for his adventures in the war in his book.
正 Harry wrote about〔of〕 his adventures in the war in his book.
析 表示“写到…的事”可以说write about 〔of〕 sth。write for意思为“为…(目的)写作”。他17岁时写了他的第一部小说。
误 He wrote about his first novel at seventeen.
正 He wrote his first novel at seventeen.
析 write表示“写作”时,用作及物动词,后面直接加宾语。write about意为“写关于…的事”。不要用红墨水写信。
误 Don't write a letter with red ink.
正 Don't write a letter in red ink.
误 When he came in,I was writting my friend a letter.
正 When he came in,I was writing my friend a letter.
误 I'd like a piece of paper to write.
正 I'd like a piece of paper to write on.
析 a piece of paper不是write的逻辑宾语,表示位置的介词on不可省略。我没有笔写。
误 I have no pen to write.
正 I have no pen to write with.
误 Henry was written a note, asking him to entertain his guests.
正 A note was written to Henry, asking him to entertain his guests.
正 He wrote a note to Henry, asking him to entertain his guests.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的writan，意为切割，划线条。