- vt. 发音；宣告；宣判；断言
- vi. 发音；发表意见
- vt. & vi. 发音,读 make the sound of letter or word
- vt. 宣布,宣称 declare; announce
- vi. 宣判 give judgement
speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way;
"She pronounces French words in a funny way"
"I cannot say `zip wire'"
"Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
pronounce judgment on;
"They labeled him unfit to work here"
- I don't know how to pronounce this word.
- People pronounce the word differently in this part of the country.
- The doctors pronounced that he was no longer in danger.
- The court pronounced her innocent of all charges.
- The general pronounced that the fortress was impregnable.
- Healthy teeth can help us pronounce accurately.
- He has every right to pronounce on this matter.
- Please pronounce after me.
- He pronounces well.
- The teacher pronounces distinctly.
- How do you pronounce this word?
- He was afraid the old man was deaf; he raised his voice and pronounced every word carefully.
- The two dictionaries pronounce the word differently.
- We can never be certain in English how an unfamiliar word should be pronounced.
- Has judgement been pronounced yet?
- The doctor pronounced that he was out of danger.
- They pronounced that he was an excellent student.
- His teacher pronounced that he was a mathematical genius.
- The doctor pronounced the signature to be a forgery.
- The judge pronounced him a spy.
- The priest pronounced them man and wife.
- The physician pronounced him to be healthy.
- Everyone pronounced the dinner to be very good.
- The judge pronounced the man guilty.
- He pronounced the wine excellent.
- The engineer pronounced the machine to be out of order.
- The doctor pronounced me completely cured.
- She was officially pronounced dead.
- He was pronounced honest.
- The wine was pronounced excellent.
- The patient was pronounced to be out of danger.
- I was pronounced to be completely cured.
- The prisoners were pronounced to be released.
- The doctor pronounced him to be recovering nicely.
- pronounce against (v.+prep.)
作出对(某人)不利的判决 give judgment against sb
pronounce against sb/sth
The court pronounced against my claim.
The representatives pronounced against the decision made at the conference.
- pronounce for (v.+prep.)
作出对(某人)有利的判决 give judgment in favour of sb
pronounce for sb/sth
The judge pronounced for the defendant, and also said that his opponent should pay the court costs.
Few people pronounced for his nomination.
- pronounce on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
对…发表意见give judgment in favour of ...
pronounce on〔upon〕 sth
I don't think I should pronounce on a matter which I know little about.
She's too ready to pronounce on matters of which she really knows very little.
He is best qualified to pronounce on such a matter.
We have asked the chief engineer to pronounce on the effect of widening the bridge.
That member annoys the committee by pronouncing on every question before it has been considered.
- pronounce each word correctly 正确读出每个单词
- pronounce lips 嘴唇发音
- pronounce one's name 念某人的名字
- pronounce sentence of death 宣判死刑
- pronounce this word 读这个词
- pronounce clearly 发音清晰
- pronounce correctly 正确发音
- pronounce definitely 确切地发音
- pronounce emphatically 强调地发音,重读
- pronounce impressively 印象深刻地宣判
- pronounce solemnly 严肃地宣判
- pronounce unanimously 无异议地宣判
- pronounce weightily 沉重地发音
A Courier..pronounced the dreadful tidings.出自： Goldsmith
'That difficulty will not exist long,' pronounced Poirot quietly.出自： A. Christie
He tested my heart and pronounced me constitutionally fit.出自： V. Brittain
A judge pronounces sentence.出自： A. Djoleto
My grandmother..pronounced the baptismal formula.出自： A. Kenny
- pronounce作“宣布,宣称”解时,用作及物动词,接名词、代词、that从句作宾语,还可接以“to be+ n./adj. / v -ed/ prep. -phrase”充当宾语补足语的复合宾语。
- pronounce用作不及物动词时还可表示“发表意见”“作出判决”,与against, for, on〔upon〕等介词连用。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的prononcier，意为宣告；最初源自晚期拉丁语的pronunciare，意为宣布。
- pronounceable adj. 可发音的,读得出的‖pronounced adj. 明显的;显著的‖pronouncement n. 声明;公告