- n. 养老金；退休金；抚恤金；年金；（欧洲等地的）私人小旅店
- v. 发退休金
- [C]退休金,养老金 an amount of money paid regularly, especially by a government or company, to sb who can no longer earn money by working, especially because of old age or illness
- vt. 发给…养老金〔退休金〕 dismiss from work but continue to pay a pension to
a regular payment to a person that is intended to allow them to subsist without working
grant a pension to
- He's got nothing beyond his state pension.
- He went to the post office to draw his pension.
- concede one's attention
- He had stayed at the pension for a fortnight.
- He was pensioned off and replaced with a younger man.
- She went to the company to draw her pension.
- The country provided a pension to the old person.
- pension off( v.+adv. )
不再使用no longer use sth
pension sb off
He was pensioned off.
他获领退休金退休。pension sth off
Your old bike has to be pensioned off.
- full pension 最高养老金
These professors were maintained with liberal pensions.出自： James Harris
- pension用作动词时的基本意思是“发给…退休金”。 其后常跟介词off连用,表示“发养老金使…退休”“不再使用”,常用于被动结构。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的pension，意为支付；最初源自拉丁语的pensionem，意为支付。