- n. 柜台；筹码；计数器；反驳
- adj. 相反的
- adv. 与…相反地
- v. 反对；反击
- [C]柜台,柜台式长桌 a narrow table or flat surface at which customers are served in a shop, bank, etc.
- [C]计数器 an electrical apparatus that counts
- vt. & vi. 对抗,反驳 oppose; move or act in opposition
- 反方向地,对立地 in the opposite direction to sth; in opposition to sth; contrary to sth
table consisting of a horizontal surface over which business is transacted
game equipment (as a piece of wood, plastic, or ivory) used for keeping a count or reserving a space in various card or board games
a calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens
a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
a person who counts things
a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one);
"it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
(computer science) a register whose contents go through a regular series of states (usually states indicating consecutive integers)
a piece of leather forming the back of a shoe or boot;
"a counter may be used to stiffen the material around the heel and to give support to the foot"
a return punch (especially by a boxer)
indicating opposition or resistance
in the opposite direction;
speak in response;
"He countered with some very persuasive arguments"
act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
- He placed the money on the counter.
- Shoppers got into a scrum round the bargain counter.
- The circuit is a conventional ring counter.
- They had always had the counter effect of making him beastly.
- He acted counter to his promise.
- The result ran counter to our expectation.
- I counter their plan with my own.
- He hit me but I did not counter.
- I'm sorry, this counter is closed now.
- In this country pornography was once sold under the counter.
- Set the counter to zero and you'll know where the recording starts.
- Our theory countered his.
- My employer countered my request for more money by threatening to dismiss me.
- They moved two destroyers into the area to counter the threat from the enemy battleship.
- She countered that her advice had not been heeded.
- The decision runs counter to the will of most people.
- counter with (v.+prep.)
提出与之抗衡的(建议、计划等) meet or answer by another in return
counter with sth
And now the old fighter counters with a blow to the body.
His young opponent counters with his left.
The debater countered with another argument.
If you say anything to Jane, she's likely to counter with a bitter remark.
如果你对简说点什么,她很可能用尖言利语来反驳你。counter sth with sth
He countered my proposal with one of his own.
The chairman countered the committee member's suggestion with another question.
- at〔behind〕 the counter 在柜台旁〔后面〕
- counter quickly 立即反击
The loose swinging movement, the twist and counter twist.出自： K. Clark
This idea was so counter to Shevek's habits of thinking that..he suppressed it at once.出自： U. Le Guin
The revolutionary ideas of the man were countered by the inflexible Toryism of the woman.出自： J. C. Powys
Sigismund voted clearly so, and Jobst said nothing counter.出自： Carlyle
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自中古法语的comptouer，意为进行计算的地方。
- work surface 工作面
- stand 站立
- oppose 反对
- answer 回答
- worktop (厨房柜橱上的)操作面...
- bench 长凳
- pawn 典当
- hostage 人质
- security 安全
- kiosk 亭
- tent 帐篷
- contradict 反驳
- dispute 争论
- refute 驳斥
- counteract 抵制
- offset 抵消
- respond 回答
- frustrate 挫败
- thwart 反对
- table 桌子
- return 返回
- display case 展品柜
- cash register 收银机
- shelf 架子
- checkout counter 付款柜台
- token 象征
- coin 硬币
- slug 蛞蝓
- enumerator 计数器
- numberer 编号人,计数员...
- figurer figure的名词形式...
- reckoner 计算者
- estimator 估计量
- adder 蝰蛇
- calculator 计算器
- calculating machine 计算机
- adding machine 收款机
- data processor 数据处理员
- in the wrong way 错误地
- against the grain 格格不入
- contrary 相反的
- in opposition 反对
- against 反对
- versus 对抗
- opposite 相反的
- contrasting 动词contrast的现...
- reverse 逆转
- oppositional 反对的
- inverse 倒转的
- antithetical 对偶的
- antithetic 对立的
- polar 两极的
- antipodal 对跖地的
- oppositive 反对的
- adversative 反意的
- rebuttal 反驳
- opposition 反对
- counterpoint [音]对位法
- rebut 反驳
- retaliate 报复
- antagonistic 对抗性的
- parry 挡开武器或打击...
- sideboard 餐具柜
- retort 反驳
- anticipate 预期
- foresee 预见
- forestall 领先
- buffet 自助餐
- comeback 恢复
- replication 复制
- counterpunch 反击
- riposte 机敏的反驳或应答...
- tabulator 制表者
- rejoinder 回答