- v. 争论；辩驳；争议；质疑
- n. 争论；争端；争吵
- vt. & vi. 辩论; 争论 argue; debate; quarrel in words
- vt. 怀疑真实性或妥当性 question the truth or validity of
- [C][U]辩论,争端,争执 (an) argument or quarrel
a disagreement or argument about something important;
"he had a dispute with his wife"
"there were irreconcilable differences"
"the familiar conflict between Republicans and Democrats"
coming into conflict with
take exception to;
"She challenged his claims"
have a disagreement over something;
"We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America"
"These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
- The couple disputed where to spend the holiday.
- It is ridiculous to dispute about such a thing.
- "I'm not disputing what you say, matt." said Tremaine, shaking his head.
- Now there was just one point on the boundary left to dispute.
- The land near the border is disputed ground.
- The family wanted to dispute the will.
- A long dispute means that both parties are wrong.( Voltaire)
- Workers are in dispute with management about the redundancies.
- The dispute was settled last week.
- Everyone feared that the boundary dispute between these two countries would culminate in a war.
- Disputes on this matter lacerated their friendship.
- I often act as a peacemaker, trying to mediate disputes between the wife and the husband.
- They are disputing warmly.
- Some people are always disputing.
- Some husbands and wives are always disputing.
- The two governments disputed the ownership of the territory.
- The defending army disputed every inch of ground.
- They are disputing the rights and wrongs of the case.
- Let's dispute the decision.
- Our team disputed the victory until the last minute of the game.
- I disputed the minister's figures, the true cost of the project is much higher.
- The election result was disputed.
- The issue was hotly disputed in the senate.
- They disputed how to get the best results.
- They are disputing whether to take action at once or wait.
- I don't dispute that children need love.
- They were disputing whether they should start at once.
- We can't remain indifferent in this dispute.
- We had a dispute about how much money he owes me.
- There has been much dispute over the question of legalized abortion in the Western world.
- John got into a dispute with Jack about the money.
- dispute about/over (v.+prep.)
争论,就…争执 argue about (sth)
dispute about/over sth/wh-to-v
It is ridiculous to dispute about such things.
They disputed for hours about where to go.
They disputed over how to get the best results.
- dispute against (v.+prep.)
争辩 argue with (sth or sb)
dispute against sb/sth
I often dispute against my friends.
How dare you dispute against my orders?
- dispute with (v.+prep.)
与…争执 argue with (sth or sb)
dispute with sb about sth/wh-clause
I disputed with him about it.
The boy disputed with me about the date of the battle.
The farmers are disputing with the government about where the airport should be built.
- beyond dispute
- in〔under〕 dispute
在争论中 being argued about
- open to dispute
有问题 can be questioned
- without dispute
无疑地; 没有争论地 certainly
- dispute the authority of a document 怀疑一份文件的可靠性
- dispute a claim 对某要求持有异议
- dispute sb's intentions 怀疑某人的意图
- dispute the ownership of sth 争夺对某物的所有权
- dispute sb's right to vote 对某人的选举权提出质疑
- dispute a statement 对一项声明有异议
- dispute theory 对一种理论提出质疑
- dispute a will 对一份遗嘱持有异议
- dispute hardly 几乎无可争议
- dispute angrily 怒气冲冲地争论
- dispute hotly〔warmly〕 激烈地争论
- dispute privately 私下讨论
- dispute publicly 公开讨论
- dispute successfully 讨论得很成功
- dispute about 争论…
- dispute about the land 对征用土地一事展开争论
- dispute about the meaning of a word 争辩某词的意义
- dispute against 与…争论
- dispute against one's orders 抗辩某人的命令
- dispute for the prize 争夺奖品
- dispute over sth 就某事展开讨论
- dispute with sb on sth 与某人争论某事
- adjust a dispute 调解纠纷
- avoid a dispute 避免争论
- get into a dispute 争执起来
- have a dispute 发生争执
- resolve〔settle〕 a dispute 解决争执
- bitter dispute 极为激烈的争执
- heated〔hot, sharp〕 dispute 激烈的争执
- incessant〔unceasing〕 dispute 不断的争论
- public dispute 公开争论
- warm dispute 激烈的争论
He was the first that committed the disputes of Socrates his Master to writing.出自： T. Stanley
He disputed like a devil on these two points.出自： R. W. Emerson
Four children..are disputing over a box of wooden soldiers.出自： Quiller
Always very ready to dispute about philosophy.出自： J. Buchan
- dispute用作不及物动词时,其后接介词with时,表示“与某人争论”; 后接介词about, on〔upon〕或over时,表示“争论某事”。
- dispute, argue, debate, discuss
- Columbus argued that the world was round.哥伦布论证了地球是圆的。
- They debated whether or not they should go to the movies.他们为是否该去看电影展开辩论。
- Jack disputed Bill's statement that he was a faster swimmer.贝尔自称游泳快,杰克就此与贝尔争论不休。
- dispute, argument, controversy
- 这三个词都可表示“争论,争辩”。controversy一般用于双方在政治、社会、道德等大问题上进行的激烈而长久不休的争论,比较正式,常通过演讲或写文章进行; argument指双方均以事实或理由来说服对方,常用于个人之间讲道理的口头争论; dispute指双方对某个问题各持己见,不肯相让,互相反驳。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的desputer；最初源自拉丁语的disputare：dis (分开） + putare (考虑），意为纷争。