- v. 抵制；清除；中和；对抗
- vt. 对抗；抵消 act against and reduce the force or effect of (sth)
act in opposition to
oppose or check by a counteraction
oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary actions;
"This will counteract the foolish actions of my colleagues"
destroy property or hinder normal operations;
"The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"
- We must counteract extremism in the party.
- They will counteract the effects of his bad influence.
- We must try to counteract the present current of anti-government feeling.
- One way to counteract hard water is by using a water softener.
- Our bodies produce antibodies to counteract disease.
- Drinking a lot of water counteracts the dehydrating effects of sweating.
- counteract inflation [经] 反通货膨胀...
The weight upon the upper surface is counteracted by the upward pressure of the air on the under surface.出自： T. H. Huxley
The therapist may be able to counteract the depressive's negative view of his own accomplishments.出自： A. Storr
- offset 抵消
- neutralize 使中立
- cross 穿过
- counter 柜台
- contradict 反驳
- oppose 反对
- respond 回答
- balance 平衡
- frustrate 挫败
- thwart 反对
- stabilize 使安定
- lessen 减少
- reduce 减少
- resist 抵制
- negative 否定的
- act 行为
- against 反对
- act against 违反
- countercheck 阻挡
- subvert 推翻
- countermine 反地道
- antagonize 使…对抗
- antagonise 使 ... 对抗
- sabotage 怠工
- undermine 逐渐削弱
- weaken 使 ... 弱，削弱...
- countervail 偿
- counterbalance 平衡