- 符合，与...相符， 合乎，适用
- vt. & vi. 回答,答复; 解答; 答辩 speak or write words in return to a question
- vt. 回信,应答,响应 act in return to a letter, bell, call, signal, etc.
- vt. & vi. 符合,适应,满足 be suitable or satisfactory
- vi. 成功,奏效 succeed; be effective
- [C]回答; 回音 words spoken or written in return
- [C]答案 solution to a problem
- [U]反应 gesture or act done in return
- a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation;
"I waited several days for his answer"
"he wrote replies to several of his critics"
- a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem;
"they were trying to find a peaceful solution"
"the answers were in the back of the book"
"he computed the result to four decimal places"
- the speech act of replying to a question
- the principal pleading by the defendant in response to plaintiff's complaint; in criminal law it consists of the defendant's plea of `guilty' or `not guilty' (or nolo contendere); in civil law it must contain denials of all allegations in the plaintiff's complaint that the defendant hopes to controvert and it can contain affirmative defenses or counterclaims
- a nonverbal reaction;
"his answer to any problem was to get drunk"
"their answer was to sue me"
- react verbally;
"She didn't want to answer"
"answer the question"
"We answered that we would accept the invitation"
- respond to a signal;
"answer the door"
"answer the telephone"
- give the correct answer or solution to;
"answer a question"
"answer the riddle"
- understand the meaning of;
"The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
- give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument);
"The defendant answered to all the charges of the prosecution"
- be liable or accountable;
"She must answer for her actions"
- be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity;
"A few words would answer"
"This car suits my purpose well"
"Will $100 do?"
"A 'B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school"
"Nothing else will serve"
- match or correspond;
"The drawing of the suspect answers to the description the victim gave"
- be satisfactory for; meet the requirements of or serve the purpose of;
"This may answer her needs"
- react to a stimulus or command;
"The steering of my new car answers to the slightest touch"
- The question is simple enough to answer.
- she fell into a rage and refused to answer.
- He answered that he knew nothing about it.
- He has a large amount of mail to answer every day.
- I have to type letters and answer the phone.
- Do you know the answer to this question?
- If you think carefully, you will find the answer.
- He knocked at the door but there was no answer.
Why did not she answer?
I can't answer offhand.
Think carefully before answering.
Mary asked him if he was interested in his job, but he didn't answer.
He is too nervous to answer effectively.
She asked more questions than he could answer.
I repeated the question once more, but still no one answered.
I knocked on the door, but no one answered.
When I called his house last night, his wife answered.
Answer when you are spoken to!
I shouted at the top of my voice and instantly the mountains and valleys answered.
It answers very well.
This isn't good one, but it will answer.
They first tried to import such machines from abroad, but soon found that it did not answer.
His new method of teaching answered after all.
This plan has not answered, we must find a better one.
We have tried every known method, but none of them will answer.
He answered with a nod.
She answered with an angry look.
The workers answered by calling a strike.
I cannot answer you now.
Please answer me as soon as possible.
Please excuse me for not having answered you earlier.
Nobody answered the question.
I cannot answer your question.
He answered the question correctly.
He answered frankly and truthfully all my questions.
I don't think we will ever be able to answer these questions correctly.
She answered nothing.
What shall I answer?
I can't answer your request offhand.
Each of us should answer a question in English.
I must reflect upon how to answer the question.
I can't answer your question about photography.It's not in my domain.
If you refuse to answer a policeman's questions, you have said to have obstructed him in the course of his duty.
Why didn't you answer the advertisement?
One of the maid's duties is to answer the doorbell.
There's another knock.I'll go and answer the door.
When there's a knock outside, it is always the husband who goes and answers the door.
He answered the examination paper quite well.
Yesterday he answered my letter.
We must answer his letter right away.
He always answers letters on the same day he gets them.
I'm sorry I didn't answer your letter; I can only plead forgetfulness.
Our work must answer the specifications laid down.
This machinery will answer the company's needs very well.
This proposal of ours answers the needs of the times.
This plan will not answer our needs.
That government still didn't answer their hopes.
The makeshift tent answered their purpose.
His qualifications answer the requirements of the job.
We answered the enemy's fire shell for shell.
Let me answer the riddle.
We'll answer shot for shot.
My request was answered by word of mouth.
A call for 100 bottles of blood was answered promptly.
He answered that it couldn't be helped.
He answered that he knew nothing about it.
He answered that he couldn't finish the task in time himself.
I asked her the time, but she answered that she didn't know.
To my question regarding his future intentions, he answered that he had none.
They answered that they would be happy to come.
He answered,“It's two o'clock.”
“What's the matter?”“Nothing,”she answered.
But before I die, answer me one question.
I was answered nothing.
I answered her that it was right.
She answered me that she could not go.
He answered me that he had never been there.
He answered me that he had no further information on the matter.
Facts are the best answers.
The boy gave a quick answer.
Tom made no immediate answer.
They are ready with an answer.
I must have a definite answer, yes or no.
I said good morning to her, but she made no answer.
We often learn foreign languages through questions and answers.
You should decide your answer.
He gave me an extremely curt answer.
I'll let you have an answer after the experiment.
The author wrote back the answer himself.
That is an answer about the housing policy.
Could you let me have an answer in two or three days?
We are expecting an affirmative answer.
Give him no definite answer until I've seen him.
He asked me to give him a written answer.
A vague answer will not be satisfactory.
She received a quick answer from the manager.
He insisted on a favourable answer from her.
I was surprised at the unexpected answer.
Wait for an answer, please.
I'll send you an answer by telephone.
We've made her an offer and we're now waiting for an answer.
I sent him five letters without receiving a single answer.
Although I wrote a month ago,I've had no answer yet.
Having all the figures she found the answer quickly:it was 279.
I gave her all the necessary figures, and she found the answer quickly：the answer was 792.
A nod was her only answer.
His answer was to slam the door.
He believes he knows all the answers and doesn't respect other people's opinions.
- answer back (v.+adv.)
顶嘴,回嘴 retort with mouth, answer impolitely answer back
Don't answer back like that.不许这样顶嘴。
Don't answer back; it's not polite.不要顶嘴,这样不礼貌。
When they scolded him, he would answer back.他们说他,他就顶嘴。
It's bad manners to answer back when the teacher criticizes you.老师批评时,顶嘴是不礼貌的。
Answer back once more and you'll go straight to bed!你要是再回嘴,就马上让你去睡觉。
In his youth he lost several jobs, just because he dared to answer back.他年轻时,只不过因为敢顶嘴,就失业了好几次。
In certain conditions, answering back sarcastically is necessary.在某种情况下,反唇相讥是必要的。
I didn't mean to answer back,I merely meant to say that you had been misinformed.我并不想跟你顶嘴,我只是想说你听到的话是搞错了。answer back to sth
The child would answer back to all she said.她说什么这孩子都要回嘴。answer sb ⇔ back
Don't answer your mother back, it is not polite.不要和你妈妈顶嘴,这不礼貌。
Don't answer me back, or I'll put you on a charge.别和我顶嘴了,不然我就要控告你。
The worker may be sacked, if he answers his master back.工人若对主人回嘴,可能被解雇。
为自己辩护 argue for oneself, speak up for oneself answer back
He tried to answer back whenever he was criticized.每当他挨批评时他都要为自己辩护。
Peter was angry that people could attack his temper when he could not answer back.彼得很生气,别人可以攻击他的脾性,而他却不能辩解。
If you criticize a person, it's only fair to give him a chance to answer back.批评一个人的时候,应该允许他申辩。answer sb ⇔ back
It is unfair to attack a person in the newspaper when he can't answer you back.当一个人不能为自己辩护时,在报纸上攻击他是不公道的。
- 顶嘴,回嘴 retort with mouth, answer impolitely answer back
- answer for( v.+prep. )
对…负责; (为…)担保; 因…而受责备 undertake responsibility, guarantee; be punished or blamed for answer for sb/sth
I will answer for him.我可以替他负责。
You must answer for her.你必须对她负责。
I can't answer for her safety.我无法对她的安全负责。
I cannot answer for the consequences.我对后果不能承担责任。
A father must answer for his child's acts.父亲对他的孩子的举动要负责。
Be more careful, you'll have to answer for any possible damage.一定要多加小心,任何可能造成的损失都要由你负责。
If you go on doing this, we won't answer for the consequence.如果你们继续这样干,后果我们将不负责。
I'll answer for what he does as he is under my supervision.因为他在我领导之下,我将对他的所作所为负责。
He said that he was ready to answer for those who worked under his direction.他说他愿对在他领导下工作的人们的行为负责。
The captain has to answer for the discipline of his company.上尉应对其连队的纪律负责。
One day you'll have to answer for what you've done.有一天你们将对你们今天的所作所为负责。
You'll have to answer for your carelessness.你粗心大意必定要吃苦头的。
You will have to answer for your wrong doings one day.将来总有一天你会自食恶果。
Don't eat too much fat, or you'll have to answer for it some day.肥肉别吃得太多,不然的话,总有一天你要自食其果。
The aggressors will have to answer for their crimes.侵略者必将因他们的罪行而受到惩罚。
I can't answer for the truth of the statement.我对此声明的真实性不能保证。
I think most of the faculty members will come, but I can't answer for Professor Liu who hasn't been feeling well recently.我想大部分教师都会来的,但是刘教授最近身体不大舒服,来不来我就不能保证了。用于be ～ed结构
All these things are to be answered for.所有这一切都是要偿还的。answer for it that-clause
I'll answer for it that this man is honest.我担保这个人诚实可靠。
Can you answer for it that it is a genuine pearl?你能担保那是真的珍珠吗?
I'll answer for it that the book will be returned on time.我保证按时还书。
I will answer for it that he will complete the task.我保证他能完成这项任务。
I can answer for it that Dr. Wang will be able to cure you.我可以保证,王医生能把你的病治好。
I will answer for it that they will go to all lengths.我可以保证,他们会卖力干的。answer sb for sth
You will have to answer me for your conduct.你要向我对你的行为负责。
符合(…需要) answer purpose, etc. answer for sth
This tool will answer for our needs.这工具将满足我们的需要。
充当…,起…作用 serve for answer for sth
This box will answer for a chair.这个箱子可以当椅子用。
This will answer for a chisel.这东西可以当凿子用。
On a picnic, a newspaper answered for tablecloth.野餐时报纸可以当桌布用。
That night the table answered for a bed for us both.那一夜那张桌子就成了我们两个人的床铺。
This fax machine isn't a good one, but it will answer for the purpose.这个传真机不太好,但还可以凑合着用。
许诺,答应(别人) promise, agree others answer for sth 用于be ～ed结构
Are all the seats answered for?所有这些座位都订出去了吗?
- 对…负责; (为…)担保; 因…而受责备 undertake responsibility, guarantee; be punished or blamed for answer for sb/sth
- answer to( v.+prep. )
- 〔说明〕 answer to通常用于一般时态,不用于被动结构,一般也不用于进行体。
适应,符合 match (sth usually a description); accord with, conform to answer to sth
That answers precisely to our needs.这正好适合我们的需要。
These reference books will answer to our needs.这些参考书符合我们的需要。
This one will answer to my purpose,I think.我看,这一个合我的意。
Does the result answer to your expectations?结果符合你们的期望吗?
This does not answer to the description given.这与所描述的情况不相符。
I've picked up a pen, but it doesn't answer to the description you gave.我拾到了一支钢笔,不过不像你所说的那支。
This car exactly answers to the description of the stolen car.这辆汽车和所说的那辆被盗走的特点完全相符。
He answers to the description of the boy they are looking for.他很像他们正在寻找的那个失踪的孩子。
He doesn't answer to the description of the missing man that appeared in the newspaper.他与报上所描述的失踪者不符。
He answers to the description given by the police, so he must be the criminal.他的样子与警察的描述相符,所以他一定是那个罪犯。
His deeds don't answer to his speech.他言行不符。
有责任(向某人)(就某事)作出解释或承担责任 be responsible to speak clearly or undertake answer to sb (for sth)
You'll have to answer to me if anything harmful comes to this child.这个孩子若是有个三长两短,我就唯你是问。
I'll answer to your mother for your safety.我要向你母亲保证,对你的安全负责。
You will answer to the committee for your conduct of the affair.你要就你处理这件事对委员会负责。
One day you will have to answer to the authorities concerned for this neglect of duty.总有一天你得为此次失职行为向有关当局承担责任。
应答; (对…)有反应 behave as if knowing (a name); be called by (a name); react with sth answer to sth
He called for help but nobody answered to his call.他呼救,但是无人响应。
The children answered to their father's call by running home.孩子们听到父亲招呼就跑回家去。
The steering wheel answers to the slightest touch.汽车的方向盘转动很灵活。
The boat seemed very slow to answer to any movement of the helm.这只船似乎对舵的转动的反应很不灵敏。
That bike answers readily to the slightest movement of the handle bars.那辆自行车的车把很听使唤。
The horse answered to its rider's touch.马随骑马人的驱策而行动。
The horse answered to the slightest pull on the rein.只要缰绳轻轻一拉,马就作出反应。
The patient began to answer to the medical treatment.病人身上开始显示出疗效。
The illness doesn't answer to medical treatment.这病治疗无效。
The experiment has met with a result that does not answer to expectations.实验未达到预期的效果。
- answer up ( v.+adv. )
迅速回答,清晰地讲 answer quickly; talk clearly
Answer up,I cannot hear what you say. 讲清楚点,我听不清你的话。
I answered up to all the questions except two. 除了两个问题外,别的问题我都很快就答出来了。
直言不讳地回答,照直回答 reply clearly
Answer up when the judge asks you a question. 法官问你问题时,你要照实回答。
- 迅速回答,清晰地讲 answer quickly; talk clearly
- answer with( v.+prep. )
适用,奏效 be suitable to answer with sb/sth
In ideological work, we must learn to open different locks with different keys because a method that answers with one person may not answer with another.做思想工作时,必须学会“一把钥匙开一把锁”,因为适用于一个人的方法不一定适用于另一个人。
以…作出回应respond with answer sb/sth with sth
The crowd answered him with prolonged applause.群众对他报以长时间的掌声。
- 适用,奏效 be suitable to answer with sb/sth
- answer to
(对…的)回答; 答复; 回复 answer or reply (to sb/sth)
The boy gave a quick answer to the teacher's question. 这孩子对老师所提出的问题回答得很快。
His only answer to their threat was to smile. 对于他们的威胁,他唯一的回答就是微笑。
My answer to his threat was to give him a good beating. 我对他的威胁的回答是狠狠地揍了他一顿。
The passengers wanted a distinct answer to the cause of the delay of the train. 旅客们要求对火车误点的原因作出明确答复。
Have you had an answer to your letter? 你收到复信了吗?
Mike had had no answer to his last letter and was worried about it. 迈克没有收到上封信的回复,对此感到不安。
(对…的)答案; 解决办法 answer (to sb/sth); a method of settle
It's the answer to your question. 这就是你的问题的答案。
Who knows the answer to the puzzle? 谁知道这谜语的谜底?
Please give me the answer to the crossword puzzle. 请告诉我这个纵横字谜的谜底。
I think the answer to No.5 is fourteen. 我认为第五题的答案是14。
What is the correct answer to this arithmetic problem? 这个算术题的正确答案是多少?
There are no easy answers to the problem of unemployment. 失业问题并不容易解决。
International food aid is only part of the answer to famine. 国际食品援助只能解决部分的饥荒问题。
(与…)相适应,符合 fit (with sb/sth); accord with
The publication comes as the answer to an acute demand. 这一出版物是为满足急需而出版的。
- (对…的)回答; 答复; 回复 answer or reply (to sb/sth)
- in answer to
回答,应答; 响应 reply in form of action
Mary laughed in answer to the teacher's question. 玛丽以笑声作为对老师问题的回答。
In answer to the question, he just shook his head. 他以摇头作为对这个问题的答复。
In answer to these questions I either nodded or made strange noises. 在回答这些问题时我不是点头就是出怪声。
What have you to say in answer to the charge? 对这一指控,你有什么要答辩的?
These figures were given in answer to a question from the Opposition spokesman. 列举这些数字是为了答复反对党发言人的质询。
The editorial is in answer to the letters of many readers. 该社论是对许多读者来信的答复。
In answer to my shouts people ran to help. 听到我的呼喊,人们跑来帮忙。
The electrician went at once in answer to the phone call. 电工师傅一接到电话马上就去了。
The doctor came at once in answer to my telephone call. 医生应我电话邀请立即赶来。
My daughter came back at once in answer to our telephone call. 接到我们的电话,我女儿马上就来了。
They laughed in answer to my question. 听到我的提问,他们都笑了。
He came back to work in the country in answer to the call. 他响应号召回到自己的国家去工作。
A for-clause cannot be used in answer to a question. 由for引导的从句不能用来回答问题。
- 回答,应答; 响应 reply in form of action
- answer a query 回答质问
- answer a question 回答问题
- answer a riddle 解谜底
- answer a speech 致答词
- answer an accusation 对谴责作详细的答辩
- answer examination paper 答卷
- answer examination questions 回答考题
- answer nothing 不作回答
- answer sb's request 答复某人的要求
- answer the problem 解决问题
- answer the reporter's question 回答记者的问题
- answer the teacher 回答老师的提问
- answer a letter 回信
- answer alarm 对警报作出反应
- answer an advertisement 应聘
- answer the bell 开门,应门
- answer the call 应召,响应号召
- answer the door 开门,应门
- answer the phone 接电话
- answer the provocations of sb 还击某人的挑衅
- answer the telephone 接电话
- answer a description of 与…描述相符
- answer all common emergencies 符合日常的急救
- answer blows with blows 以牙还牙
- answer claims 符合要求
- answer sb's expectations 符合某人的期望
- answer sb's hopes 符合某人的希望
- answer sb's needs 适应某人需要
- answer sb's purposes 符合某人的目的
- answer sb's words 与某人所言相符
- answer the demand 符合要求
- answer the job 适应工作的要求
- answer the prayer 满足了祈祷者的愿望
- answer the requirements of 适应…的需要
- answer now 即刻回答
- answer off-hand 即席回答
- answer right now 马上回答
- answer very well 很好地回答
- answer wrong 答错
- answer absolutely 坚决地回答
- answer accurately 准确地回答
- answer admirably 极为成功地回答
- answer affectionately 深情地回答
- answer affirmatively 肯定地回答
- answer aptly 恰当地回答
- answer bewilderedly 令人手足无措地回答
- answer bitterly 痛苦地回答
- answer bluntly 率直地回答
- answer bravely 勇敢地回答
- answer breathlessly 喘不过气地回答
- answer briefly 简略地回答
- answer carelessly 粗心地回答
- answer casually 漫不经心地回答
- answer challengingly 具有挑战性地回答
- answer coldly 冷淡地回答
- answer completely 圆满地回答
- answer comprehensively 全面地回答
- answer confusedly 混乱地回答
- answer correctly 正确地回答
- answer courteously 有礼貌地回答
- answer curtly 草率无礼地回答
- answer darkly 无知地回答
- answer definitely 明确地回答
- answer deftly 巧妙地回答
- answer directly 直接地回答
- answer doggedly 教条地回答
- answer economically 节省地回答
- answer effectively 给人印象深刻地回答
- answer emphatically 有力地回答
- answer energetically 精力旺盛地回答
- answer excitedly 激动地回答
- answer explicitly 清楚地回答
- answer faithfully 忠实地回答
- answer falteringly 支吾地回答
- answer fantastically 荒谬地回答
- answer firmly 坚决地回答
- answer fitly 适度地回答
- answer frankly 坦率地回答
- answer fully 充分地回答
- answer glibly 油嘴滑舌地回答
- answer gravely 严肃地回答
- answer guardedly 谨慎地回答
- answer hastily 草率地回答
- answer hoarsely 沙哑地回答
- answer hotly 激烈地回答
- answer hysterically 歇斯底里地回答
- answer immediately 立即回答
- answer impolitely 毫无礼貌地回答
- answer indignantly 愤慨地回答
- answer knowingly 老练地回答
- answer laughingly 笑着回答
- answer listlessly 焦躁地回答
- answer mechanically 机械地回答
- answer mildly 温和地回答
- answer nervously 不安地回答
- answer orally 口头回答
- answer passionately 热情地回答
- answer perfectly 完善地回答
- answer persistently 固执地回答
- answer philosophically 镇静地回答
- answer pointedly 中肯地回答
- answer politely 有礼貌地回答
- answer promptly 迅速地回答
- answer proudly 自豪地回答
- answer quickly 很快地回答
- answer readily 做好准备地回答
- answer relevantly 中肯地回答
- answer reluctantly 勉强地回答
- answer respectfully 尊敬地回答
- answer rudely 粗鲁地回答
- answer sensibly 明智地回答
- answer seriously 认真地回答
- answer sharply 厉声回答
- answer sheepishly 胆怯地回答
- answer shortly 唐突地回答
- answer simply 简单地回答
- answer slowly 慢条斯理地回答
- answer snappishly 辛辣地回答
- answer stubbornly 顽强地回答
- answer tartly 尖刻地回答
- answer thoughtfully 若有所思地回答
- answer triumphantly 得意洋洋地回答
- answer truthfully 真诚地回答
- answer uncomfortably 不自在地回答
- answer unconcernedly 漠不关心地回答
- answer uninterestingly 无趣地回答
- answer vehemently 激烈地回答
- answer verbally 口头回答
- answer warmly 热情地回答
- answer worthily 值得回答
- answer back 顶嘴,回嘴
- answer up 清楚地回答,直言不讳地回答
- answer by 以…方式回答
- answer by cable 拍电报答复
- answer by telephone 打电话答复
- answer in 以某种工具或态度回答
- answer in the affirmative 肯定地答复
- answer in the negative 作否定回答
- answer in writing form 书面回答
- answer with 以…方式回答
- answer with a blow 以拳作答
- answer with an unhesitating negative 断然给予否定的答复
- answer with applause 报以掌声
- answer with hard work 以努力工作来回报
- answer for 对…负责,用作,保证
- answer for one's actions 对某人的行动负责
- answer for safety 对安全负责
- answer for sb's honesty 保证某人诚实
- answer for the consequences 对后果负责
- answer to 听从,(与…相)符合,与…一致
- answer to sb for sth 因某事对某人负责
- answer to sb's needs 适合某人的要求
- answer to the description 与描述的情况相符
- answer to the door 闻声开门
- answer to the purpose of 符合…目的,足以代替…之用
- address answer 致答词
- appeal answer 呼吁答复
- approve answer 批准答辩
- ask for an answer 要求答复
- avoid an answer 回避答复
- be ready with an answer 随时可作答复
- bring back an answer 带来答复
- burden answer 承担回答任务
- combat answers 反驳答复
- confine answer 限制答复
- consider answer 考虑回答
- decide one's answer 决定某人的答复
- defend answer 答辩
- deign no answer 不屑回答
- demand an answer 要求答复
- disturb answer 搅乱了回答
- draw answer from 从…得出答案
- echo answer 回音
- evade answer 逃避回答
- evolve answer 推论出答案
- expect an answer 希望〔期待〕答复
- express answer 表示答复
- extort answer 歪曲答复
- fire back answer 回击
- get an answer 得到答复
- give an answer 给予答复
- give sb an answer 给某人一个答复
- have an answer 得到答复
- hit upon answer 请求回答
- make answer (to) 回答…
- merit answer 值得回答
- mock answer 嘲弄
- observe answers 观察
- offer an answer 给予答复
- prepare an answer 准备回答
- press for an answer 催促答复
- protest answer 抗议
- provide an answer 给予答复
- receive an answer 接到答复
- reject answer 拒绝回答
- respond with answer 回答
- return an answer 来了答复
- send an answer 给予回答
- send sb an answer by 以…方式答复某人
- signal answer 用信号发出回答
- snap answer 急促地回答
- study answer 研究解决办法
- sweeten answer 使回答听起来悦耳
- volunteer answer 志愿提供回答
- wait for an answer 等待回答
- want an answer (to) 要求对…作出答复
- write an answer 作出书面回答
- write back an answer 写回信
- choose an answer 选择答案
- come up with the answer 找到答案
- constitute answer 制定答案
- correct an answer 改正答案
- cultivate answer 培植答案
- dig an answer 找答案
- examine answer 检查答案
- exhibit answer 展示答案
- find an answer 找出答案
- furnish an answer 提供答案
- guess the answer 猜出答案
- justify answer 证实答案
- know the answer 知道答案
- owe answer to 把答案归功于…
- supply answer 提供答案
- supply an answer to the question 提供问题的答案
- accurate answer 准确的回答
- adequate answer 恰当的回答
- admirable answer 令人崇敬的回答
- affirmative answer 肯定的回答
- amazing answer 令人吃惊的回答
- ambiguous answer 模棱两可的回答
- apt answer 恰当的回答
- arrogant answer 傲慢的回答
- authoritative answer 权威性的答复
- bad answer 坏的回答
- best answer 最好的回答
- brave answer 大胆的答复
- brief answer 扼要的回答
- broken answer 支离破碎的回答
- candid answer 坦率的回答
- careful answer 小心的回答
- categorical answer 斩钉截铁的回答
- cautious answer 谨慎的回答
- civil answer 有礼貌的回答
- clear answer 清楚的回答
- clever answer 聪明的回答,精明的回答
- comforting answer 令人欣慰的回答
- complete answer 全面的回答
- comprehensive answer 全面的回答
- conclusive answer 决定性的回答
- concrete answer 具体的回答
- confident answer 自信的回答
- contemptuous answer 卑劣的回答
- convincing answer 令人信服的答复
- correct answer 正确的回答
- courteous answer 有礼貌的回答
- curt answer 草率无礼的回答
- daring answer 大胆的回答
- definite answer 明确的回答
- different answer 不同的回答
- diplomatic answer 圆滑的回答
- direct answer 直接的回答
- discouraging answer 令人沮丧的回答
- distinct answer 清楚的答复
- dramatic answer 戏剧性的答案
- dubious answer 含糊其词的回答
- dusty answer 不能令人满意的回答
- efficient answer 有效的回答
- equivocal answer 含糊的回答
- evasive answer 含糊其词的回答
- explicit answer 明白的回答
- favourable answer 满意的回答
- fit answer 合适的回答
- flippant answer 轻佻的回答
- foolish answer 愚蠢的回答
- forceful answer 有力的回答
- frank answer 坦率的回答
- full answer 圆满的回答
- funny answer 可笑的回答
- good answer 好的回答
- guarded answer 谨慎的回答
- harsh answer 苛刻的答案
- heedless answer 漫不经心的回答
- immediate answer 立即答复
- impatient answer 不耐烦的回答
- impertinent answer 不相干的回答
- impressive answer 给人以深刻印象的回答
- incorrect answer 错误的回答
- indefinite answer 含糊其词的回答
- indignant answer 愤怒的回答
- inevitable answer 不可避免的回答
- instant answer 立即回答
- insulting answer 侮辱性的回答
- intelligible answer 易懂的答案
- irrelevant answer 不对题的回答
- laconic answer 简洁的回答
- lengthy answer 啰唆的回答
- logical answer 逻辑的回答
- long answer 冗长的回答
- meaningless answer 无意义的回答
- measured answer 有分寸的答案
- mechanical answer 机械的回答
- mild answer 温和的回答
- model answer 标准的答案
- modest answer 谦逊的回答
- negative answer 否定的回答
- no answer 未作回答
- no certain answer 不肯定的回答
- only one answer 唯一答案
- oral answer 口头回答
- partial answer 不公正的答案
- patient answer 耐心的回答
- perfect answer 完善的答案
- persuasive answer 有说服力的答案
- pleased answer 满意的答复
- poor answer 拙劣的回答
- positive answer 正面的回答
- practical answer 实际的回答
- prevaricating answer 支支吾吾的回答
- prompt answer 及时回复
- proper answer 适当的答复
- proud answer 傲慢的答复
- provocative answer 挑衅性的答复
- questionable answer 有问题的回答
- quick answer 迅速的回答
- quiet answer 温和的回答
- ready answer 脱口而出的回答
- respectful answer 恭敬的回答
- right answer 正确的答案
- satisfactory answer 令人满意的回答
- sharp answer 尖刻的回答
- short answer 简短的回答
- shrewd answer 机敏的回答
- shuffling answer 搪塞的回答
- significant answer 有意义的答复
- simultaneous answer 同时的答复
- skillful answer 巧妙的回答
- snappish answer 不耐烦的回答
- soft answer 温和的回答,委婉的回答
- straight answer 直接的回答
- stubborn answer 执拗的答复
- succinct answer 简洁的回答
- sufficient answer 充分的回答
- tentative answer 试探性的回答
- thoughtless answer 轻率的回答
- ultimate answer 最后的回答
- unexpected answer 意外的答复
- uninteresting answer 索然无味的回答
- unsatisfactory answer 不能令人满意的回答
- unwilling answer 不情愿的回答
- vague answer 含糊的回答
- verbal answer 口头回答
- wise answer 聪明的回答
- witty answer 机智的回答
- wrong answer 错误的回答
People started asking him vague questions to which there were no sensible answers.出自：G. Vidal
It is proved already that you are little better than false knaves...How answer you for yourselves?出自：Much Ado about Nothing,Shakespeare
- answer(to)the letter，answer(to)the question，answer(for)the purpose等常用格式中，习惯将to或for等介词省略掉，但是注意reply to the letter中的to不可以省略；
I have your letter, but as I am very busy, I cannot answer it at present.
I answered your letter by sending a postcard last Monday and have since been waiting for time to reply to it.
Your reply is not an answer.
He answered her not a word.
He answered that he could not go.
He answered me that he would not go.
- 在商业回信的开头，常用“In answer to your letter ...”的格式。
- answer用作及物动词时,可接人、物或that从句作宾语,也可接双宾语(两个宾语都是直接宾语),作“符合,满足”解时宾语主要是need, hope, purpose等抽象名词。
- answer表示用语言、文字或行动对问题进行回答,是一最常用词; 用于转义表示“符合,适应”等义时,是较正式的用法; answer to the name则是口语用法。
- answer for表示“受责备”时可用于被动结构,表示“许诺,答应别人”时也常用于被动结构,表示其他意思时均常用于一般时态。作“对…负有责任”解时,通常不用于进行体。
- “回答某人某事”应该说answer sb sth,不能说answer sth to〔for〕 sb。但不要受下面句子的影响：They never answered a letter to me.他们从没有给我回信。句中to me是介词短语作letter的定语。另外需要注意下面两个句子不是双直宾语。No one was able to answer him a word.没有人能答复他一句话。He answered us never a word.他从来不答复我们一个字。这两个句子中的a word是名词性状语。
- 对问题不能回答时,不说I can't answer it.而说I can't answer your question.或I can't answer.
- answer sth with sth和answer with sth中的with sth 都作方式状语用,但前者意为“以…来回答…”。例如:I answered his threat with a blow on his nose.我向他迎鼻一击来回敬他的恐吓。
- answer to the description作“符合描绘的情况”解时, to也可省略。例如:This car exactly answers (to) the description of the stolen car.这辆汽车和所说的那辆被盗走的特点完全相符。
- answer前一般须有冠词、数词或其他能修饰可数名词的限定词(语),其后可接表示“针对…的”介词短语to sth (to不可换成表示所有关系的of或表示目的的for等介词)。
- know all the answers意为“(自以为)精通一切”。
- answer for, answer to
1.这两个短语都可表示“符合…需要”,其区别是：接needs, wishes, hopes, description等词时用answer to; 而接purpose时则只能用answer for。2.这两个短语都可表示“负责”,其区别是：answer for表示对事负责; 而answer to则表示对人负责。试比较：
- I will answer for him.
- I will answer to him.
- answer sth, answer to sth
及物动词和“不及物动词+to”,这里有个语言史的问题,即有些动词过去带to而现在不带,而有些动词过去不带to而现在带,如listen; 还有些动词两者都能用,如approach。不过不带to的情况更普遍。answer的情况是用于“回答,答复”等直义时一般用作及物动词,即不带to。例如：Answer my question, please.请回答我的问题。用于“符合,适合”等转义时,两种用法均可,不过不带to时直接性较强。例如:This dictionary answers (to) my needs.这本词典符合我的需要。
- to answer, be an answer to
- Her facial expression alone answered my question.
- Her facial expression alone was an an- swer to my question.
- answer, reply, respond
这三个词意思相近,常可通用。例如:I don't know what to answer〔reply, respond〕.我不知道该怎么回答。它们之间的区别是：1.词源不同, answer来自古英语; reply来自古法语; respond来自拉丁语。2.answer和reply可指口头、书面或行动上的回答,而respond则偏重于用行动回答或响应。3.answer既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词,还可用作名词; 而reply通常只用作不及物动词,但其后可接直接引语或that引导的宾语从句,用作及物动词时,宾语只能是所说的话; respond既可用作及物动词也可用作不及物动词,其名词形式是response。4.answer接letter, question等词时用作及物动词,即不加to,而reply和respond只能用作不及物动词,即必须加to。5.answer可接双直宾语,而reply和respond则不能。6.answer后可接人或物; reply的对象一般不能是人,而只能是物。7.answer多指对问题的回答; reply一般用于对某一陈述或主张的回答,特别是对相反意见、议论等的答复; 而respond通常指对号召、职责等作出响应或反应。8.answer后接a letter时只指复信表示收到来信; 而reply to a letter则指要答复来信中所提出的全部问题或提请注意的各点。9.作“给出答案”解时只能用answer,不能用reply和respond。10.表示“作出相应反应”,可用answer和respond,不能用reply。11.answer最普通,最常用; 而reply和respond都是正式用语,口语中少用。
- answer, reply
这两个词的共同意思是“回答,答复”,都可用作名词或动词。其区别在于：1.answer主要指用语言文字回答问题、指责或争论,也可能是以行动满足要求或应付情况; reply则主要指用语言文字给予回答,进行解释等,也可指用行动回答。2.answer作为名词时,其后常接介词to; reply作为名词时,其后往往接介词to或者for。例如:The Western answer to this move was the use of plane to supply food.西方对这一建议的答复是用飞机提供食品。They gave her a reply for her claim.他们对她的要求做了答复。3.answer是普通用语,用得比较广泛; reply则较为正式。
误 I answered her letter for a week.
正 I answered her letter a week ago.
正 It is a week since I answered her letter.
错句：this is the answer to some of their previously inexplicable behaviour.
纠正：this is the explanation for their previously inexplicable behaviour.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的adnsrwau，and (反对） + srwau (誓言），意为发誓言，从而反驳。
- ANSWER:Action Network for Social Work Education and Research行动网络社会工作教育和研究
- ANSWER:Applications 'n Support for Widely-diverse Enduser Requirements应用Widely-diverse ' n支持用户的需求
- ANSWER:Alaska Native Student Wisdom Enrichment Retreat阿拉斯加人学生智慧浓缩撤退
- answer:answer n. 答案, 回答, 答辩, 抗辩v. 回答说, 答复说, 符合, 反响, 响应 英英解释:名词answer:1. a statement (either spoken or writt…