- n. 机敏的反驳或应答；[剑]挡后回刺
- v. 还击；敏锐地反驳
a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one);
"it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
(fencing) a counterattack made immediately after successfully parrying the opponents lunge
make a return thrust;
"his opponent riposted"
- There's no rational riposte to that.
- The US delivered an early riposte to the air attack.
- The parry is the main defensive skills, often followed by the counter-riposte.
- Two rivals stand opposite each other and feint, lunge, parry and riposte until one scores the required number of hits to win.
- The two men argued and ripost(e)ed.
She loved it if she found another guest equally good at the quick riposte.出自： F. Spalding
When a master slapped his face..he..riposted by slapping the master.出自： K. Tynan