- 议席，议员席 ，席位
- <美>换下（场上队员）， 把（队员）调下来
- 劝退某人， 让某人退出某事
- [C]长凳,长椅; 工作台 a long usually wooden seat for two or more people, especially one used outdoors; a long heavy worktable
- [S]议员席; 法官,法官席; 法院 seat for a certain group of MPs; judge or the seat where a judge sit in the court; lawcourt
- vt. 在…放置长凳; 供给长凳 place bench in some place; provide bench
- vt. 给…以席位 provide seat for sb
- vt. 把…换下; 罚…出场 cause sb to be out because of sth such as a foul
- vi. 当法官 serve as a judge
a long seat for more than one person
a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
persons who administer justice
a strong worktable for a carpenter or mechanic
the magistrate or judge or judges sitting in court in judicial capacity to compose the court collectively
the reserve players on a team;
"our team has a strong bench"
(law) the seat for judges in a courtroom
take out of a game; of players
exhibit on a bench;
"bench the poodles at the dog show"
- This bench is made of elm.
- An old man sat on the park bench and fed the pigeon.
- A young woman, of sullen aspect, was sitting alone on the bench.
- I'm glad the new trainee is keen but I wish he'd stop hanging around my bench and getting in my hair.
- The bench read the sentence to the criminal.
- She has recently been appointed to the bench.
- There are benches in the park.
- There are tools beside the bench.
- He saw a girl sitting on a bench against the railings.
- They sat on a bench, the three of them.
- We sat down on the park bench and watched the children play.
- The man threw himself down on the hard bench and fell asleep.
- The bench read the sentence to the prisoner.
- The accused will be brought before the bench.
- He was appointed to the bench.
- What do the bench feel about this?
- He once benched years ago.
- The election benched him in the district court.
- The fullback was benched with injuries.
- The player was benched for many fouls.
- bench mark
标准,规范 sth which can be used a standard by which other things judged or measured
- on the bench
当法官; 暂不参加比赛 serving as a judge or magistrate; not taking part in match temporarily
- warm the bench
替补,坐冷板凳 take the place of sb; hold title with a little or no duties
- bench test 台上试验
The benches were of golde and siluer.出自：Bible (Coverdale): Esther
The small girls took their lessons seated on three benches arranged about the elm.出自： M. Spark
- bench用作动词的基本意思是“在…放置长凳; 供给长凳”,也可作“给…以席位”解。在美式英语中, bench也可表示“把场上队员换下”或“因犯规而罚场上队员出场”。
- bench, chair, seat, sofa
- 这四个词所指并不相同:bench指长凳,可有背,也可无背; chair指有背的单人椅; seat指固定在汽车、火车、飞机、轮船,剧院、礼堂里的座位; sofa则指沙发。