- vt. & vi. 帮助,促进 help; promote
- the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose;
"he gave me an assist with the housework"
"could not walk without assistance"
"rescue party went to their aid"
"offered his help in unloading"
- (sports) the act of enabling another player to make a good play
- give help or assistance; be of service;
"Everyone helped out during the earthquake"
"Can you help me carry this table?"
"She never helps around the house"
- act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function
- work for or be a servant to;
"May I serve you?"
"She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"
"Can you wait on our table, please?"
"Is a salesperson assisting you?"
"The minister served the King for many years"
- A team of nurses assisted the doctor in performing the operation.
- I saw the angels standing near us, waiting to assist us, rejoicing in our accomplishments and joys.
- Sixty years ago, George Marshall came to this commencement and announced a plan to assist the nations of post-war Europe.
- I have too much work and no one to assist me
- All her friends assist at the wedding ceremony.
- The victims of earthquake need assist asap.
- Lin scored 27 points and dished out 11 assists as the Knicks have now won six games in a row.
When all assist, the job can be done quickly.
I am willing to assist whenever there is an opportunity.
I'm afraid I can't assist you. You have to go and see the manager.
Do you need anyone to assist you?
The driver assisted the old man out of a car.
A young man was assisting a disabled man up the stairs.
He assisted the old man to fill in the forms.
She assisted him to correct the proof.
Good glasses will assist you to read.
Bring the horse and assist him to mount.
Tom assisted a child to food.
- assist at (v.+prep.)
作陪,在场帮忙 be present at and give help with sth assist at sth
The young nurse was very nervous when she assisted at her first operation.这位年轻的女护士首次当手术助手时,心情非常紧张。
We'll assist at your wedding.我们将出席你们的婚礼。
- 作陪,在场帮忙 be present at and give help with sth assist at sth
- assist in (v.+prep.)
在…上给予协助 help with sth or doing sth assist sb in sth/v-ing
He assisted me in the preparation of this book.他协助我撰写此书。
We'll assisted them in their difficulty.我们要在他们困难的时候帮助他们。
We shall do our best to assist him in correcting his mistakes.我们将尽力帮他改正错误。
My wife assisted me in editing the book.我的妻子帮助我编辑了这本书。
He assisted me in painting the door.他帮助我漆这门。
I am most grateful to my husband, who assisted me in preparing this book.我非常感谢我的丈夫,他曾协助我撰写此书。
The boy assisted his father in sweeping the floor.那男孩帮他父亲擦地板。
- 在…上给予协助 help with sth or doing sth assist sb in sth/v-ing
- assist with (v.+prep.)
帮助; 照料; 做; 在…给予帮助 help sb with sth, sb, or doing sth assist with sth/v-ing
The nurse assisted with the preparation of the medicine.护士帮助准备药品。
She assisted with preparing the medicine.她帮助准备药品。assist sb with sb/sth
She assisted him with his English.她帮助他学英语。
He assisted me with good counsel and encouragement.他以良好的忠告和鼓励帮助我。
He assisted his son with his homework.他帮助儿子做作业。
He assisted a gentleman on with his coat.他帮助一绅士穿上外套。
Local villagers assisted the doctors with the people wounded in the bus crash.当地村民帮助医生照料在车祸中受伤的人们。
- 帮助; 照料; 做; 在…给予帮助 help sb with sth, sb, or doing sth assist with sth/v-ing
- assist a project 协助一项计划
- assist effectively 有效地帮助
- assist financially 资金上地帮助
- assist invaluably 无用地帮助
- assist materially 物质上地帮助
- assist medically 医学帮助
- assist mutually 相互帮助
- assist skillfully 灵活地帮助
- assist voluntarily 自愿帮助
- assist sb downstairs 扶某人下楼
- assist at 参加…,出席…
- assist at a ceremony 出席仪式
- assist at first operation 第一次协助做手术
- assist at a meeting 参加会议
- assist at a wedding 参加婚礼
- assist in the preparation of a report 帮助准备报告
- assist in a shop 在店里帮忙
- assist in the work of rescue 协助救援工作
- assist sb in compiling a dictionary 帮助某人编辞典
- assist sb to one's feet 扶某人站起来
- assist sb with sb's English 帮助某人学习英语
- assist sb with the form filling 帮助某人填表
- assist sb with money 以金钱相助
When I assist a friendless person.出自：Steele
May I assist you to potatoes?出自：E. Gaskell
Miss Smith..was assisted from her hammock.出自：R. Macaulay
Mr. Geard..permitted John to assist him to mount the platform.出自：J. C. Powys
An assisted take-off with rockets.出自：P. K. Kemp
Her pelvis is very narrow and they will have to assist the birth.出自：P. H. Johnson
A young man who assisted him with the management of the farm.出自：T. Capote
I assisted (him) to do it.I assisted (him) in doing it.
- assist用作及物动词时其后可跟简单宾语或以动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语; assist也可用作不及物动词。
- 习语assist at源于法语,近代英语中用得较少,多代之以be present at。
- assist, aid, help
这组词都有“帮助”的意思,但有区别:1.aid多指经济上或其他方面急需的援助,而assist只是表示辅助性的帮助, help用法则比较广泛,它可以代替aid和assist,可以指任何形式的帮助。2.help和aid既可用作名词,也可用作动词; assist只能用作动词。3.help强调积极地予以实际的、精神的或物质的帮助; assist主要用于帮助别人工作、学习或研究; aid是对别人的努力加以援助,还可指不必亲自动手的帮助。4.就对象而言, aid不仅用于个人,还多用于团体; assist多用于个人,特别是智力方面的研究。5.help是普通用语,特别是在日常谈话中; aid和assist是比较正式的用语,在日常谈话中不常用。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自中世法语的assister，意为帮助；最初源自拉丁语的assistere：ad (去） + sistere (采个取立场），意为采取一个立场。
- befriend待 ... 如友
- help out帮助解决难题...
- lend a hand帮助
- attend to注意
- wait on服侍
- assistor n. 帮助者
- ASSIST:Association of Scientists and Scholars International for the Shroud of Turin科学家和学者协会的国际比赛中为都灵裹尸布
- ASSIST:Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer (California)发音系统刺激Interinstitutional学生转学(加利福尼亚)
- ASSIST:American Stop Smoking Intervention Study美国戒烟干预研究
- assist:assist v. 援助, 帮助 英英解释:名词assist:1. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furth…