- [C][U]捐助物,贡献 the act of contributing or sth contributed
- [C]捐款 a usually small sum of money given to a cause
the part played by a person in bringing about a result;
"I am proud of my contribution in advancing the project"
"they all did their share of the work"
a voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause
act of giving in common with others for a common purpose especially to a charity
an amount of money contributed;
"he expected his contribution to be repaid with interest"
a writing for publication especially one of a collection of writings as an article or story
- Don't undervalue Jim's contribution to the research.
- He has made an important contribution to the company's success.
- All contribution, however small, will be greatly appreciated.
- The union successfully negotiated increased employer contributions to the health benefits package.
- This is Chekhov's contribution to Russian literature.
- All contributions, however small, will be greatly appreciated.
- I enclosed a humble contribution towards the funds of your society.
- make contributions to〔toward〕
捐赠〔贡献〕给…the act of contributing for sb
- chief〔major〕 contribution 主要贡献
- generous contribution 慷慨的捐助
- outstanding contribution 杰出的贡献
- valuable contribution 有价值的贡献
- as a contribution 作为…捐助
An infantry regiment..had levied contributions on the people of that town.出自： Ld Macaulay
- contribution, donation
- 这两个名词的共同意思是“捐赠,捐款,捐赠物”。contribution指人们为支持某团体、某机构而提供的物品,如为某学校、剧团等所捐赠的钱、物、设备等; donation除了指为某团体、某机构而提供的物品外,还特指向穷苦人民、受灾群众捐赠的衣服、粮食或物品等。