- 二级优等学位（英国大学学位等级，upper second 为二级上，较好，lower second 为二级下，一般）
- 第二(个人或事物) second person or thing mentioned or occurring
- [C] 第二名; 第二类 the second person or thing in a particular grade or rank
- [P] 第二份食物 second helping of food
- [C] 秒 60th part of a minute of time or of angular measurement
- [C] 瞬间,一会儿 short time; moment
- [C] 助手,助理 a person who helps another in a job or piece of work
- 第二 next after first in size, importance, time, order, etc.
- 次等的,次要的 of an inferior or a less important kind
- 其次,以第二位 in second place; after any-thing else; after the others
- vt. 支持 support
- vt. 赞成某提案 rise or speak formally in support of a motion to show that the proposer is not the only person in favour of it
- 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- an indefinitely short time;
"wait just a moment"
"in a mo"
"it only takes a minute"
"in just a bit"
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield
- a particular point in time;
"the moment he arrived the party began"
- following the first in an ordering or series;
"he came in a close second"
- a 60th part of a minute of arc;
"the treasure is 2 minutes and 45 seconds south of here"
- the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match
- a speech seconding a motion;
"do I hear a second?"
- the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle;
"he had to shift down into second to make the hill"
- merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
- coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude
- a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first;
"the second violins"
- in the second place;
"second, we must consider the economy"
- give support or one's approval to;
"I'll second that motion"
"I can't back this plan"
"endorse a new project"
- transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment;
"The officer was seconded for duty overseas"
- Her beautiful roses won the second prize at the flower show.
- Our goods are second to none in the world market.
- The bookcase needs a second coat of paint.
- The train will leave in a second.
- It travels thousands of miles per second.
- Second, smoking is harmful also to your family members.
- Second, he failed to make clear his true purpose.
- The motion has been seconded.
- Mrs Smith proposed the vote of thanks, and Mr Jones seconded.
I'm the second in my family to go to university.
The first is better than the second.
Our team gets a second.
He quickly ate everything on his plate and asked for seconds.
It is needless to add that you are in want of a second.
The average flow of the river is 200 cubic meters per second.
1°6′10″stands for one degree, six minutes, and ten seconds.1°6′10″
He said he will be back in a few seconds.
Osaka is the second largest city in Japan.
This second event was contemporary with the first.
We never use second quality ingredients to build building.
I liked the deluxe edition, but I could afford only a second best.
Second again, we shouldn't do it in this way.
We can't give Smith the position, to begin with, he's too young; second,I want my son to have the job.
Will you second me if I ask him?
I seconded the nomination.
He was seconded in his offer to help by several other friends.
His view was seconded by most judges.
- second to none
最好的as good as the best
What method is second to none? 什么样的方法最有效?
- 最好的as good as the best
- second for service (v.+prep.+n.)
调动(某人)而委以特殊任务 take (sb) from his ordinary duty and give his special duty second sb for service 用于 be ～ed 结构
Brooks was seconded for service on the General's staff.布鲁克斯奉命调到将军的参谋部工作。
- 调动(某人)而委以特殊任务 take (sb) from his ordinary duty and give his special duty second sb for service 用于 be ～ed 结构
- second to (v.+prep.)
〈正〉把(某人)调〔派〕到…工作一段时间 allow (sb) to leave his usual job and work in (another place), often for a limited time second sb to sth 常用于 be ～ed 结构
After fifteen years of teaching, he was seconded to the Ministry of Education to advise them on school planning.任教15年后,他被调到教育部协助制定教育规划。
Jacelin was seconded to another branch of the army to lead special training courses.杰斯林被调到另一个部门去负责特种训练工作。
- 〈正〉把(某人)调〔派〕到…工作一段时间 allow (sb) to leave his usual job and work in (another place), often for a limited time second sb to sth 常用于 be ～ed 结构
- take only a second 只用一会儿
Come in, I'll be down in a second.出自：Observer
She was the second Mrs Melbury, the first having died.出自：T. Hardy
Henry Heathfield had taken second prize for tomatoes at the County Horticultural Show.出自：P. Moyes
We had thought..of having a second child.出自：J. Simms
His efforts were seconded by a somewhat subservient parliament.出自：W. Stubbs
British and Indian Army officers seconded for attachment to Japanese military units.出自：Listener
The Cabinet Office Unit consists of regular civil servants, mostly seconded from their own departments.出自：H. Wilson
A colonel..seconded to special duty with..the Ministry of Defence.出自：A. Price
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的seocnd；最初源自古典拉丁语的secundus，意为紧接着，下一个。
- second:简介专 辑：Second 歌 手：螺丝钉语 言：国语专辑1CD 公 司：这里音乐工作室 日 期：2006.03.17 风格介绍 在短短的一年内历经千场以上的校园与全台巡回演出 超过百万人见证的现场魅…