- conj.因为；像；当 ... 之时；像 ... 一样；结果；尽管
- 和…一样 to the same degree or amount
- (表示时间)当还是…的时候 when
- (表示方式)以…的身份,以…资格,作为，以…角色;以…形式,扮演…角色；像，如同 such as
- (表示原因)由于,因为 because
- (表示比较)像…一样 like
- (表示结果)成为,看作,看成 become
- (表示目的)为了,以…为目的 for
- (表示举例)例如,诸如…之类的 for example
- 在…期间,当…时候 during the time when;while
- 由于,因为 since;because
- 尽管,即使,虽然 although
- 如同…那样,像…一样 in the way in which
- a very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms; arsenic and arsenic compounds are used as herbicides and insecticides and various alloys; found in arsenopyrite and orpiment and realgar
- a United States territory on the eastern part of the island of Samoa
- to the same degree (often followed by 'as');
"they were equally beautiful"
"birds were singing and the child sang as sweetly"
"sang as sweetly as a nightingale"
"he is every bit as mean as she is"
- The ground was as white as snow with petals that had drifted down from the apple trees.
- Many things pollute water, such as tires, trash, and plastic bags.
- This cathedral was regarded as a miracle in architectural history.
- As a cub reporter he would learn the facts of life in the newspaper world.
- As the wage of the job was low, there were few applicants for it.
- Despite the threat of war, people go about their work as usual.
- A sudden chill of horror sweep over her as she feel the drip of saliva upon her hand.
- Gambling is not the same as investment in the stock market. It's a horse of a different colour.
- He did not follow our advice so as to be arrested by the police.
- As difficult as it seems to be,the problem is by no means a new one.
She is as tall as her mother.
He runs as fast as Paul.
Ade doesn't play half as well as Cage.
Smith works as hard as you used to.
Return as much money as you borrowed.
You must speak English as much as possible.
You've made as many mistakes as I have.
They are having almost as much unemployment as we are.
The dining room was twice as big as the Tom's.
This is as difficult a problem as you are likely to meet.
It was as pleasant a day as I have ever spent.
He isn't quite so old as she.
He is not as old as she,but older〔younger〕 than she.
I'm not as conceited as so many people seem to think.
She's smart,but her brother is just as smart.
The woman married a man poor as herself.
As a child,he lived in Japan.
As a schoolboy,he showed every sign of genius.
He worked as a cashier in a bank.
Under the new arrangement I continued as manager.
This chair can also function as a bed.
This watch was given me as a birthday present.
She is known as Mary.
France is famous as a wine-producing country.
He does this job as a skilled labour.
He appeared as a man in a trance.
We chose this one as the most suitable for our purpose.
He wished to join the army,but was rejected as medically unfit.
It's not nearly as cold as yesterday.
The two brothers look and speak the same as each other.
Don't regard me as a child.
We had better treat it as a joke.
The dykes were built as a protection against the sea.
We talked about such subjects as the weather.
I was coming in as he was going out.
My pen trembles as I write it.
Helen heard the story as she washed.
As I left the house I remembered the key.
As I was coming here,I met yuor brother.
The boy's eyes had slowly moved to him as he had spoken.
As rain has fallen,the air is cooler.
As he has not ready in time,we went without him.
As this question is of great interest,we will discuss it once again.
I can't come tonight,as I'm going to a concert.
I am going to bed,as I am very tired.
Child as is Paul,he knows enough to tell good from bad.
Coward as he was,however,Flashman couldn't swallow such an insult as this.
Simple as was the idea,the then scientific world would have none of it.
Intelligent as you are,I suspect you will fail.
Surrounded as we were by the enemy,we managed to march forward.
Quickly as it spread and threatening as it appeared to be,the result was doomed from the start.
He was unable to make much progress,hard as he tried.
Try as I might,I couldn't lift the stone.
Run as fast as you can.
Poets are not so scrupulous as you are.
I'm as happy as happy can be.
When in Rome,do as the Romans do.
State the fact as it is.
Balloons float in the air as boats float on water.
Things were almost as they had been before.
She looks forward,as does her secretary,to the completion of the building.
As I said in my last letter,I am taking the exam in July.
All the while,as I say,I was still running.
与…一样...to the (specified) degree or extent
She is as pretty as her elder sister. 她和她姐姐一样漂亮。
- 与…一样...to the (specified) degree or extent
- as against
与…相对照，与…相比之下as compared with
The earth is small as against the sun. 跟太阳相比，地球很小。
It increased by one million kilograms as against the figure for last year. 产量比去年增加了100万公斤。
He has an income of 15,000 pounds a year, as against the national average of 1300 pounds. 他每年收入15,000镑，而全国平均数为1300镑。
He gets weekends off in his new job as against working alternate weekends in his last one. 在前一工作岗位，他隔周周末休息，而在新工作岗位他每周周末都休息。
- 与…相对照，与…相比之下as compared with
- as and when
We'll decide on our team as and when we qualify for the competition. 我们等到有资格参加比赛时再来决定本队参赛人员。
I'll tell you more as and when. 有可能的时候我再多跟你说。
- as far as
直到…为止 the place mentioned, but no further
He didn't go as far as the gate. 他没有走到大门口。
He didn't walk as far as his friends. 他没有走到朋友们走的那么远。
I've read as far as the third chapter. 我已读到第三章了。
Fields of corn spread out as far as the eye could see. 玉米地延伸到看不到边的地方。
A continuous line of cars stretched as far as the eye could see. 连绵不断的车辆望不到尽头。
We can see nothing but houses as far as the eye can reach. 在眼力所及范围内,我们除了房屋别的什么也看不见。
只要 so long as
As far as possible, he will help you. 只要可能,他会帮助你的。
I'll help you as far as I can. 只要我能,我一定帮助你。
据…,就… the extent that; as much as
As far as I know, he speaks English very well. 据我所知,他的英语讲得很好。
As far as I know, he will be away for three months. 据我所知,他将离开三个月。
As far as I know, they're coming by car. 据我所知,他们将坐汽车来。
- 直到…为止 the place mentioned, but no further
- as far as...be concerned
- as follows
列举如下 as now to be told
The full text reads as follows. 全文如下。
My arguments are as follows. 我的意见如下。
The main events were as follows: first, the president's speech, secondly, the secretary's report and thirdly, the chairman's summing-up. 主要活动如下:第一项,总裁讲话; 第二项,秘书汇报; 第三项,主席作总结。
Just before the battle the general addressed his army as follows. 就在战斗打响前,将军对部队讲了下面的话。
- 列举如下 as now to be told
- as for
至于,关于speaking of;speaking for;with regard to
As for her,she has nothing to complain to. 至于她，她没有什么可抱怨的。
As for this,I have a few words to say. 谈到这一点，我有几句话要说。
As for going back—that is quite out of the question. 至于说回去，那完全是不可能的。
As for your hope of winning the first prize, I don't know about that. 至于说到你希望获头奖,对此我没有多大把握。
The thief was caught by the police almost immediately.As for the stolen jewels,they were found in a dustbin. 小偷几乎当时就被警察抓住。至于偷去的宝石,也在垃圾箱里找到了。
Most people like summer,but as for me,I like winter much better. 多数人喜欢夏天，而我却更喜欢冬天。
He doesn't like vegetables much,and as for fruit,he never touches it. 他不太喜欢蔬菜，至于水果，他碰都不碰。
- 至于,关于speaking of;speaking for;with regard to
- as from
自…起from the time started
The contract will be in force as from 1st proximo. 本合同将于下月1日生效。
As from tomorrow,no student may enter the principal's office without permission. 从明天起，任何学生未经许可不得进入校长办公室。
As from Sunday,May 1st,all fares on the corporation's transport services will be increased by ten pence in the pound. 从5月1日即星期日起,本公司运输费将每磅提高10便士。
- 自…起from the time started
- as good as
几乎,实际上 almost, practically
He as good as said I'm a liar. 他无异于说我撒谎。
The matter is as good as settled. 这事等于解决了。
I bought a secondhand chair which is as good as new. 我买了一把二手货椅子,它如同新的一样。
She claimed that he as good as promised to marry her. 她声称他差不多已答应娶她了。
You may trust him, he is as good as his word. 你可以相信他,他说话算数。
The old machine is well maintained and looks as good as new. 这台旧机器保养得很好,看上去像新的一样。
- 几乎,实际上 almost, practically
- as how
He told me as how he was feeling ill. 他对我说他感觉不舒服。
He was bragging as how he could run faster than anybody else. 他吹牛说他比任何人都跑得快。
I don't know as how your father will like that. 我不知道令尊是否喜欢那样。
It is doubtful as how he is coming. 他会不会来还是个问题。
- as if〔though〕
好像,似乎,仿佛with the appearance of;apparently 引导方式状语从句
〔说明〕 as if〔though〕引导的方式状语从句中的谓语动词多用虚拟语气，指现在的情况时用一般过去时，指过去的情况时用过去完成时。从句中的谓语动词偶尔也可用陈述语气，这时表示的内容可能是真实的，也可能是不真实的。
He likes to talk big as if he was an important person.他老爱说大话，就仿佛他是一位要人似的。
He talks as though he knew all about it.他说话的口气似乎他全都知道了。
He continued with his reading as if nothing important had happened.他若无其事地又继续看他的书。
He walks as if he is drunk.从走路的情况看，他是醉了。
She treats me as though I am/were stranger.她待我形同路人。
The house was lit up as though a big celebration was going on.整个屋子灯火辉煌，犹如在举行盛大庆典。
Eagles were flying up and up as if to ride the white clouds.老鹰越飞越高,好像翱翔在白云之上。
The girl listened as though turned to stone.那姑娘仿佛变成了石头似地倾听着。引导表语从句
〔说明〕 as if〔though〕引导的表语从句中谓语动词可用虚拟语气，也可用陈述语气，完全依说话人对从句内容真实性的判断。在it looks,it seems等结构之后常用陈述语气。
She looks as if she were ill.她看起来像生病一样。
She looks as if she had been ill.她看起来像生过病一样。
He looks as though he would not hurt a fly.他看起来善良得连只苍蝇都不肯伤害。
He felt as if he had lost his power of judgement.他觉得自己仿佛已失去了判断力。
It seems as though it was spring already.现在好像是春天了。
It looks as though it may blow up a gale tonight.看来今晚可能要刮大风。
It sounds as though there is a knock at the door.听起来好像有人在敲门。引导无定形句
〔说明〕 as if〔though〕引导无定形句可以表示惊讶、不信任、愤懑等强烈感情，意思是“好像…似的”“倒是…似的”。
As if I cared!好像我在乎似的〔我才不在乎呢〕！
As if anyone would believe that story.别人才不信那一套呢。
- 好像,似乎,仿佛with the appearance of;apparently 引导方式状语从句
- as (it) is
照现状;照原样taking present circumstances into account;as things are
I like the house better as it is. 我更喜欢这个屋目前的样子。
Leave it as it is. 让它照现在的样子放在那儿〔顺其自然〕。
Take the world as it is. 世界就是这个样子，不要奢望什么。
I'm afraid you're simply painting the lily;the picture is good enough as it is. 我看你这样做简直是多余，这幅画本来已经够好了。
We bought the clock at an auction as is. 那只钟我们从拍卖行买来时就是这个样子。
- 照现状;照原样taking present circumstances into account;as things are
- as it is/was
实际上，事实上as a matter of fact
I thought conditions would get better,but as it is,they are getting worse. 我认为情况会转好，但事实上反趋恶化。
- 实际上，事实上as a matter of fact
- as it were
- 〔说明〕 本短语用作插入语，当觉得自己说的话不够准确或欠妥当时插入其中，以缓和语气。
可以说we can say
He is,as it were,a walking dictionary. 他可以说是一部活字典。
In many ways children live,as it were,in a different world from adults. 从许多方面讲，小孩子可以说是生活在一个跟成人不同的世界里。
He is my best friend,and my second half,as it were. 他是我最好的朋友，打个比方说吧，是我的另一半。
在某种程度上 to some extent
He became,as it were,a man without a country. 他在某种程度上成了一个无国籍的人。
This book gives,as it were,a picture of old China. 在某种程度上，这本书提供了一幅旧中国的图景。
- as long as
- as of
自…起from the time started
The law is effective as of May 1. 本法律自5月1日起生效。
As of tomorrow,I'll start work half an hour earlier. 从明天起我将提前半小时开始工作。
直至，在…时up to a specified time;at
As of this writing,no reply has been received. 到写这封信时为止，尚未得到答复。
As of now we don't know much about Mars. 目前我们对火星还知之甚少。
There has been an increase in the industrial and agricultural output in China as of 1978. 根据1978年的材料来看，中国工农业产值已经有所增长。
- 自…起from the time started
- as often as not
往往,多半 very frequently
When it's foggy the trains are late as often as not. 雾大时,火车往往晚点。
As often as not,Jacelin thinks before he speaks but rarely resists the temptation to do so. 杰斯林多半是经过深思熟虑才发表意见的,难得有不这么干的时候。
- 往往,多半 very frequently
- as opposed to
- as per
按照；根据according to; following
The work has been done as per instructions. 工作已按指示完成。
The furniture was made as per her order. 家具是按她的要求定做的。
We will deliver the goods as per your order. 我们将根据你们的订单发货。
- 按照；根据according to; following
- as regards
关于,至于 concerning or connected with sb/sth as regards sb/sth
As regards John,I will write to him at once.至于约翰,我会立即给他写信。
As regards the contract, the second paragraph must be changed.至于这份合同,第二段必须修改。
You needn't worry as regards the cost of the operation.你无需担心手术的费用。
As regards money,I have enough.至于钱,我是够花的。
- 关于,至于 concerning or connected with sb/sth as regards sb/sth
像…那样；恰如…一样in a degree equal to that;in a parallel way in which
As some are very rich,so others are very poor. 正像有些人很富一样，另一些人非常贫困。
Just as water is the most important of liquids,so air is the most important of gases. 正像水是液体中最重要的一种一样，空气是气体中最重要的一种。
As a tiger stalks his prey,they hunted him. 正像老虎阻击猎物一样，他们也抓住了他。
As you sow,so will you reap. 种瓜得瓜，种豆得豆。
As I would not be a slave,so I would not be a master. 正如我不愿当奴隶一样，我也不愿当奴隶主。
- 像…那样；恰如…一样in a degree equal to that;in a parallel way in which
- as〔so〕 soon as
- as to
至于，谈到as for;with regard to
As to his mother,I know nothing about her. 至于他母亲，我什么情况都不了解。
As to the journey,we must decide about that later. 至于旅行，我们必须以后再定。
As to what's ahead,you can be anything you choose. 至于将来，你想干什么都会成功。
As to your second question, I am afraid I can give you no information at the moment,as the matter is still under consideration. 至于你的第二个问题，目前恐怕无可奉告，因为这事尚在考虑中。
As to your wish to have an extra secretary, let's leave it open until the next fiscal year. 你希望增补一名秘书的事，到下一财政年度再定。
He has no complaint as to his salary. 对薪酬他没意见。
A lawyer should advise his clients as to their legal rights as a passenger. 律师应对其委托人争取旅客合法权益出主意。
Nobody could decide as to what to do. 没人能决定做什么。
He was at a loss as to how to meet the situation. 他手足无措,不知该怎样应付这一局面。
He inquired as to whether her old grandmother was still alive. 他询问她老祖母是否还在世。
A question arose as to who was the legal heir. 出现了谁是合法继承人的有争议的问题。
A near-total news blockout kept the outside world guessing as to what was really happening at the summit. 由于对会议实行了全面新闻封锁，外界人士对首脑会议只能进行猜测。
The value of a book is as to its content,and not as to its size. 一本书的价值同它内容的好坏成比例，而与版本大小无关。
They sorted eggs as to size and colour. 他们按照大小和颜色挑选鸡蛋。
- 至于，谈到as for;with regard to
- as usual
像平常一样in the usual way
He was late,as usual. 他像平常一样迟到了。
As usual,Tommy forgot to make his bed before he went out to play. 如往常一样，汤米又忘记在出去玩之前把床铺整理好。
Mrs. Carey as usual wet to the door to see him off. 凯丽太太像往常一样走到门口向他告别。
As ever,the train got in just too late for me to catch the early bus. 像往常一样，火车到得太晚，我没能赶上早班车。
- 像平常一样in the usual way
- as well
- as well as
- as yet
As yet,I haven't met her. 到现在为止,我还没遇见她。
- 到现在为止until now
- even as
正当…的时候 just at the same moment as
Even as she was going out, the telephone rang. 正当她要外出时,电话铃响了。
Even as the sun was shining brightly, it began to rain. 就在阳光灿烂的时候,下起雨来了。
- 正当…的时候 just at the same moment as
- in so far as
- just as well
- may as well
- much as
Much as she likes him she would never consider marrying him. 尽管她喜欢他,但她并不打算嫁给他。
- regarded as
- so as to
为了…with the intention of doing sth
The test questions are kept secret so as to prevent cheating. 考试题保密以防作弊。
I got up early so as to be in time for the train. 为了赶火车，我一早就起床了。
- 为了…with the intention of doing sth
- so...as to
- as alike as chalk and cheese 本质上完全两样的，截然不同的
- as big as life (画像等)与原物一样大的；千真万确的
- as black as a raven 像乌鸦一般黑
- as black as a thunder 面带怒容
- as black as coal 黑得像煤一样
- as black as ink 黑的，黑乎乎的
- as black as jet 乌黑发亮的，深黑色的
- as black as midnight 漆黑的，深黑色的
- as black as night 漆黑一团
- as black as pitch 漆黑
- as black as soot 像煤烟一样黑
- as black as Styx 阴森漆黑的
- as black as the Ace of spades 黑色的；脏的
- as blind as a bat 〈非正〉完全看不见东西的
- as blind as a beetle 瞎的
- as blind as a mole 瞎的
- as blind as an owl 全盲的，瞎透的
- as bold as a lion 勇猛如狮
- as bold as brass 极其胆大妄为的；极为粗率无礼的
- as brave as a lion 勇猛的
- as bright as a new pin 非常整洁
- as bright as day 像白昼一样的；光亮的
- as bright as noonday 像白昼一样的；光亮的
- as bright as silver 光亮的，光泽好的
- as brisk as a swallow 动作轻快得像燕子一般
- as brittle as glass 脆得像玻璃一样
- as brown as a berry 黑得透红
- as busy as a bee 忙得像蜜蜂似的
- as changeable as the moon 多变的，变幻莫测的
- as changeable as the weather 多变的，变幻莫测的
- as chaste as ice 像冰一样纯洁
- as cheap as dirt 便宜透顶
- as cheerful as a lark 快活得像云雀一样
- as clean as a new pin 非常整洁
- as clear as a bell 极为清晰的
- as clear as crystal 一清二楚
- as clear as day 昭然若揭
- as clear as mud 十分明显
- as clear as that two and two makes four 像二加二等于四一样明显
- as clear as the nose in your face 一清二楚，显而易见
- as clear as the nose on your face 一清二楚，显而易见
- as cold as a stone 冷得像石头一样
- as cold as charity 寒冷的
- as cold as ice 冰冷
- as common as an old shoe 〈非正〉不卖弄，不爱虚荣，谦虚的，对人友好的
- as common as dirt 极端平常
- as common as muck 〈非正〉举止粗俗，没有教养
- as cool as a cucumber 泰然自若
- as cowardly as a rat 胆小如鼠
- as crooked as a corkscrew 极不正直
- as cross as a bear 怒气冲冲
- as cunning as a fox 像狐狸一般狡猾
- as dark as night 漆黑一团
- as dark as pitch 漆黑
- as dead as a coffin-nail 肯定死了，无效的，失效的
- as dead as a doornail 肯定死了，无效的，失效的
- as dead as a herring 〈英〉完全死了的
- as dead as mutton 〈非正〉僵死的
- as deaf as a post 聋得什么也听不见的
- as different as chalk and cheese 本质上完全两样的，截然不同的
- as different as chalk from cheese 本质上完全两样的，截然不同的
- as drunk as a boiled owl 〈非正〉烂醉如泥
- as drunk as a lord 酩酊大醉
- as dry as a bone 全干; 十分枯燥
- as dry as a chip 干涸的
- as dry as a dust 极其干燥的
- as dry as a limekiln 干涸的
- as dry as a stick 极其干燥的；口干的
- as dull as lead 非常愚钝
- as dumb as a fish 沉默不语的
- as dumb as an ox 沉默不语的
- as dumb as an oyster 沉默不语的
- as dumb as a statue 默不作声的
- as easy as ABC 极其容易的
- as easy as anything 极其容易的
- as easy as falling off a log 极容易的
- as easy as pie 〈非正〉极容易的
- as easy as rolling off a log 极容易的
- as fair as a rose 像玫瑰花一样好看
- as faithful as a dog 忠诚如狗
- as fast as a hare 像野兔一样快
- as fat as a pig 肥得像猪一样
- as fierce as a tiger 凶猛如虎
- as firm as rock 坚如磐石
- as flat as a board 平得像块板子
- as flat as pancake 完全（扁）平的；非常平坦的
- as fleet as a deer 快捷如鹿
- as free as the wind 自由自在
- as fresh as flowers in May 焕发青春
- as fresh as paint 〈非正〉精神饱满的；干净明亮的
- as full as a tick 吃饱喝足
- as full of...as an egg is of meat （头脑等）充满了…的，尽是…的
- as funny as a crutch 没有什么可笑
- as fussy as a hen with one chick 在琐事上瞎操心
- as game as a cockerel 像小公鸡一样勇敢
- as gaudy as a peacock 很漂亮
- as gay as a lark 快活得像云雀一样
- as gentle as a lamp 温顺如羊
- as good as a play 非常有趣的
- as good as gold 很乖的；很可靠的
- as good as one's word 说到做到的，说话算数的
- as graceful as a swan 姿态优美; 举止端庄
- as grave as a judge 摆起一副法官的严肃面孔
- as grave as an owl 铁板着脸的，不苟言笑的
- as greedy as a dog 贪吃的
- as greedy as a pig 贪吃的
- as greedy as a wolf 像狼一般贪得无厌
- as green as grass 浑然无知
- as handsome as paint 壮丽如画
- as handy as a pocket in a shirt 非常方便
- as happy as a king 像国王一样幸福
- as happy as a lark 非常欢乐
- as happy as a sandboy 兴高采烈的，快乐无比的
- as hard as a bone 硬得像骨头一样
- as hard as a stone 铁石心肠
- as hard as iron 坚如铁石，很严厉，很残酷
- as hard as nails 像钉子那么结实
- as hard as nether millstone 铁石心肠
- as hard as rock 坚如磐石
- as harmless as a dove 像鸽子一般无害
- as heavy as lead 沉重如铅
- as high as a kite 烂醉如泥的
- as hungry as a hawk 饿得像老鹰一样
- as hungry as a hunter 非常饥饿
- as innocent as a baby unborn 清白无辜
- as jolly as a sandboy 兴高采烈的，快乐无比的
- as keen as mustard 极端热情
- as large as life 全貌; 明明白白
- as lean as a rake 骨瘦如柴
- as light as feather 轻如鸿毛
- as like as an apple to an oyster 毫不相像
- as like as chalk to cheese 本质上完全两样的，截然不同的
- as like as two peas 一模一样
- as mad as a hornet 〈尤美〉狂怒的，气得发疯的
- as mad as a March hare 疯狂得像三月的野兔一般
- as mad as hops 〈非正〉怒不可遏
- as melancholy as a cat 非常忧郁
- as merry as a cricket 〈非正〉兴高采烈的，非常快乐的
- as merry as a grig 〈非正〉兴高采烈的，非常快乐的
- as merry as a lark 〈非正〉兴高采烈的，非常快乐的
- as merry as a sandboy 兴高采烈的，快乐无比的
- as mild as a dove （性情）非常温和的
- as mild as May （性情）非常温和的
- as mild as milk （性情）非常温和的
- as mute as a fish 噤若寒蝉
- as mute as a mouse 悄无声息
- as near as a toucher 〈非正〉〈英〉接近得很
- as neat as a new pin 非常整洁
- as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof 〈非正〉惊悸不安的，极度紧张的
- as nervous as a dog shitting razorblades 〈非正〉惊悸不安的，极度紧张的
- as nice as pie 〈非正〉极好的
- as nimble as a squirrel 身手灵活的，举动轻捷的
- as numberless as the sands 像沙粒一样数不尽
- as obstinate as a mule 犟得像头骡子
- as old as Adam 极其古老
- as old as Methuselah 寿比彭祖
- as old as the hills 古老的
- as open as the day 光明磊落
- as pale as a ghost 面无人色
- as plain as a pikestaff 非常清楚
- as plain as day 非常明显，明明白白
- as plain as the nose in your face 一清二楚，显而易见
- as plain as the nose on your face 一清二楚，显而易见
- as pleased as proud 非常快乐的
- as pleased as Punch 洋洋得意
- as plentiful as blackberries 多得很
- as poisonous as a toad 非常恶毒
- as poor as a church mouse 一贫如洗
- as pretty as a picture 像图画一样秀丽
- as pretty as paint 非常漂亮的
- as proud as a peacock 骄傲得像孔雀一样;非常高傲
- as proud as Punch 洋洋得意
- as quick as a flash 快如闪电
- as quick as lightning 快如闪电
- as quiet as a mouse 悄无声息
- as red as a beetroot 满脸通红的
- as red as a rose 红润得像朵玫瑰
- as red as a turkey-cock 满脸通红的
- as regular as clockwork 像钟表机件那样有规律
- as rich as a Jew 非常有钱
- as rich as crazes 极为富有的
- as rich as Croesus 富比陶朱
- as right as a trivet 非常健康; 一切顺利
- as right as nails 十分准确的，毫厘不爽的；完全健康的
- as right as rain 十分健康;状况奇佳
- as round as a ball 圆得像个皮球
- as scarce as hen's teeth 非常稀有
- as scared as a rabbit 惊慌得像兔子一样
- as secret as the grave 像坟墓般神秘的，非常秘密的
- as sharp as a needle 异常精明
- as sharp as a razor 像匕首那样锋利
- as silent as a mouse 悄无声息
- as silent as the grave 默不作声; 沉寂得像座坟墓
- as silly as a goose 非常笨
- as sleek as a cat 像猫一般圆滑谄媚
- as slow as a snail 慢得像蜗牛爬行
- as sly as a fox 像狐狸一样狡猾，老奸巨猾
- as snug as a bug in a rug 非常舒服
- as sober as a judge 十分清醒
- as solid as a rock 坚如磐石，屹然不动；（人）可靠的
- as sound as a bell 十分健康
- as sour as vinegar 酸得像醋
- as steady as a rock 坚如磐石，屹然不动；（人）可靠的
- as stiff as a poker 又硬又直; 笔直
- as stiff as a ramrod 僵直的，笔直的
- as still as a mouse 悄无声息
- as still as death 像死了一样, 一动也不动
- as straight as an arrow 像箭一样直
- as straight as a poker 直得像个拨火棍
- as straight as a ramrod 僵直的，笔直的
- as strong as a bull 健壮如牛
- as strong as a horse 健壮如牛
- as strong as a lion 健壮如牛
- as strong as an ox 健壮如牛
- as strong as brandy 跟白兰地一样厉害
- as stubborn as a mule 像骡子一样固执
- as stupid as a coot 笨头笨脑的
- as stupid as a donkey 笨得像驴
- as stupid as a goose 非常笨
- as stupid as an ass 笨得像驴
- as stupid as an owl 笨透的
- as sulky as a bear 怒气冲冲
- as sure as a gun 一点不错
- as sure as death 〈非正〉毫无疑问的（地），千真万确的（地）
- as sure as fate 〈非正〉毫无疑问的（地），千真万确的（地）
- as sure as hell 〈非正〉毫无疑问的（地），千真万确的（地）
- as surly as a bear 怒气冲冲
- as sweet as honey 甜得像蜜一样
- as sweet as pie 〈非正〉极甜的
- as swift as lightning 快如闪电
- as tame as a chicken 像小鸡一样驯顺;非常听话
- as thick as blackberries 多得很
- as thick as thieves 非常亲密
- as thin as a lath 骨瘦如柴
- as thin as a rake 瘦得像柴耙，骨瘦如柴
- as tight as a drum 爱钱如命; 烂醉如泥
- as tight as a tick 吃饱喝足
- as timid as a hare 胆小如鼠
- as tough as nails 身体结实的
- as tough as old boots （人）非常紧张地；一点也不嫩的，非常老的
- as tricky as a monkey 诡计多端
- as true as flirt 极其忠实的，非常可靠的
- as true as steel 忠实可靠
- as true as touch 极其忠实的，非常可靠的
- as ugly as a scarecrow 丑极了
- as unstable as water 反复无常
- as warm as toast 暖烘烘的，热得满面红光的
- as weak as a cat 身体虚弱的；意志薄弱的；性格懦弱的
- as weak as water 身体虚弱的；意志薄弱的；性格懦弱的
- as welcome as a storm 不受欢迎的，不合时宜的
- as welcome as flowers in May 很受欢迎
- as welcome as snow in harvest 不受欢迎的，不合时宜的
- as welcome as water in a leaking ship 不受欢迎的，不合时宜的
- as white as a sheet 脸色苍白
- as white as snow 洁白如雪
- as wide as poles apart 相差太远
- as wise as before 仍旧是糊里糊涂
- as wise as Solomon 非常聪慧，聪明绝顶
- as yellow as gold 色黄如金
- come across as 〈非正〉似乎是，看上去好像是
- pass sb off as 使假扮成，使冒充
- put down as 把…当作，认为
- write down as 把…描写成
- write sb off as 认为…毫无益处
- as a (general) rule 通常,一般说来
- as a result 因此，作为结果
- as a/the result of 因此，由于，作为…的结果
- as a man 从人的观点，仅就其本人品格来说
- as a matter of fact 事实上，其实
- as a shot 作为猜测
- as a starter 〈非正〉作为开端，首先
- as a whole 总体上，大体上
- as one man 一致地
- as sin 〈非正〉非常，极端地
- as witness 以…为证明
- the mixture as before 照原方配服的药；老一套的处理方法，换汤不换药的东西
- such as 像这种的，像那样的，诸如此类的
- as such 如所指的人或事物那样，就其本身而论
- as usual 通常，和往常一样
He was as covetous as cruel.出自：W. Wotton
Chance has..thrown me very often in her way, and she as often has directed a discourse to me.出自：Steele
I'd as lieve let it alone.出自：R. B. Sheridan
He used it, as far as he dared.出自：Ld Macaulay
as 常做关系代词，如such children as love their books中的as是love的主语。such books as are loved by children中的as是are loved的主语，所以要分析清楚句子结构，不可以随便删除谓语动词，如上句中的are。当as指代主句所讲述的内容时，也做关系代词。值得注意的是，as在作关系代词时，极易被误认为是连接词而加用it。
As is announced in today's papers, all the schools will reopen on 1 September.
As it is announced in today's papers, all the schools will reopen on 1 September.
as much/many ...中as用来谈论数量。另外as much/many可作为代词，后不接名词。同时，as much ...可作为副词。
I haven't got as much money as I thought.
I ate as much as I could.
You ought to rest as much as possible.
as ... as ...指“两个人或物在某方面一样”，既可以用在肯定句里，也可以用在否定句中，而so ... as ...只能用在否定句里。“as ... as ...”有时含有第二个as后的主语有着高程度的那形容词（或副词）所指的特点，如上述例句中有暗指“她很老”。用isn't，wasn't，don't和can't等时，多习惯与as搭配，而不是so，如He isn't as old as she (is)比He isn't so old as she (is)更为普遍。若是句中的形容词或副词前用了 quite这个词时，就习惯不用as，用so。
He is as old as she (is).
He is not as old as she (is).
He is not so old as she (is).
He isn't quite so old as she (is).
as在表示“原因”时，语气要轻于because。一般来说，as引导的从句会在主句前。as引导的从句也可以在主句后，不过必须要确认从句的内容要是对方知道的。注意在表示原因时，不可以把as和so连用，两者只能存在一个。 不过as ... so ...的表达方式是可以的，但指“正像……，……”。
You need not go with me, as you are busy.
I cannot go with you, as I am busy.
As you like music, so I like poetry.
- as还可指“虽然”，如beautiful as she，（虽然她很漂亮）和child as he is（虽然他很孩子气）。这样用时，要注意格式上形容词或名词在as前以及名词前没有a或an；
Much as I should like to see you, I am afraid you may find it inconvenient to come in this hot weather.
Search as they would, they could find nobody in the house.
要注意区分so ... as和so ... that，such ... as和such ... that，彼此之间不可以互相替换。
Here is so big a stone as no man can lift.
Here is so big a stone that no man can lift it.
Here is such a big stone as no man can lift.
Count the children as they will enter the room.
so ... as to ...（不定式）同…enough to ...（不定式）表达的意思相同。
Write so carefully as to make every sentence clear.
Write carefully enough to make every sentence clear.
The shopping center will be open to the public as from 6 May, 2001.
As from 6 May,2001 the shopping center has been open to the public.
as well as指“（除……之外）也，又”，要注意它同and和not only ... but (also)...是有区别的。A as well as B = not only B but also A，指“不单B，而且A”，注意是B在前，A在后。不可以用A，B，as well as C.通常来说，as well as作连接词，不是介词。结构“both ... as well as ...”是错误的，避免使用。常有人用“not only ... but ...as well”的结构，同“not only ... but also …”或“not only ... but ...”表达的意思相似，但是没有后者使用普遍。
He is a Chinese, but he has foreign friends as well as Chinese friends.
He is a Chinese, but he has Chinese friends as well as foreign friends.
I read French, German, as well as English.
He advised me as well as answering my question.
- as...as结构表示数量或程度时，可用于“as much+(不可数名词+) as”或“as many+(可数名词复数+) as”结构。
- 使用as...as结构时，若第一个as后的名词是单数可数名词并有形容词修饰，则应使用“as+ adj.+ a/an+ n. ”结构，即不定冠词应位于形容词和名词之间。第二个as后面的名词或代词的格不同，意思也不同。
- as比较常用于as...as和the same...as两个句型。
- as可以引导一个比较关系的状语从句,意思是“像…一样”;为了加强比较的意味,主句中常加副词as（用于肯定句）或so(用于否定句)。此时as可用于“as...as...can〔could〕 be”结构，用来强调形容词的含义，一般可译为“到了…的程度”“极其”。
- They love him as much as she.
- They love him as much as her.
- John is as polite as Bob.
- John is as polite as Bob is.
- as, for
- She was respected as a teacher.
- She won't do for a teacher.
- 另外，在regard,think of,treat等动词之后一般用as,不用for。
- as, like
- Please try to write as I do.
- Please try to write like me.
- I can't sing like I used to.我不能像以前那样唱歌了。
- She spoke as a lawyer.
- She spoke like a lawyer.
- ［误］ He ate as a beast.
- ［正］ He ate like a beast.
- as a matter of fact, as good as, as it is
这三个短语都有“实际上，事实上”的意思，其区别是：as a matter of fact含有对比之意,说的是与已知的或已说过的内容不同的内容；as good as没有对比的意味，意思是“实质上差不多等于”；as it is则用于指出即将说的是一个事实。例如：Mike said he didn't tell a lie.As a matter of fact, he did.迈克说他从没有说过谎。事实上,他说过。He as good as refused.他实际上等于拒绝了。We had hoped to finish today,but as it is we probably won't finish until tomorrow.我们原本希望今天能做完它，但实际情况是我们或许要等到明天才能做完。
- as, because, for, since
- as it is/was, as it were
as it is/was是个短语，意思是“实际上”“事实上”“照目前情况来看”，用于把可能的情景与实际发生的情况进行对比；而as it were的意思则是“可以说是”“似乎是”“仿佛”，表示所说的话听起来不那么肯定。
- as, though
- as, when, while
- as well, also, besides, either, moreover, too
这组词(组)都有“也,此外,还有”的意思。其区别是：also一般用于肯定句,有强调意味,位于主谓语之间,即实义动词之前,助动词之后; too只用于肯定句中,一般位于句末,比also更口语化; either一般只用于否定句,多位于句末; as well和too一样多用于口语,放在句末; besides与moreover词义基本相同,但moreover后面所叙述的,通常比前面所叙述更为重要或更深入一步,在词序方面, moreover往往用于句首,另外, moreover是较为正式的用语。例如:He also asked to go.他也要去。I can also do it.我也能干那个活。English is not easy, and French is not easy either.英语不容易,法语也不容易。He is a teacher, and a writer as well.他是个教师,也是个作家。I don't like those shoes; besides, they're too expensive.那双鞋我不喜欢,而且也太贵。I don't like skating; moreover, the ice is too thin.我不想去溜冰,再说冰层也太薄。The Opposition have consistently accused the Government of corruption.Moreover, they have named names.反对党一直在指责政府腐败,而且是指名道姓的。
- We have a third as many students in our class as we had last term.
- We have a third as many students again in our class as we had last term.
- as because for since
- though although as even though
- though:though和although在意义上几乎毫无区别，但在习惯用法上这两个词仍有以下一些差异：1.though可引出倒装语序的让步状语从句，although 则不能。2.though可与even连用，although则不能；在as though结构中，只用though，不能用although。3.though可以置于从句末，而although则不能。4.引出省略句时，通常用though。
- even though:even though（＝even if），意为“即使”，引导让步状语从句。though也引导让步状语从句，意为“虽然”；even though有退一步设想的意味，与though不同。though引导的句子所说的是事实，even though引导的句子所说的则不一定是事实。例如：
- He will not tell the secret even though（even if）he knows it．
- He will not tell the secret though he knows it．
误 She was kind as like as her mother.
正 She was as kind as her mother.
正 She was kind like her mother.
误 This piano is equally as good as that one.
正 This piano is as good as that one.
正 These two pianos are equally good.
误 You must get out of this place as immediately as possible.
正 You must get out of this place as soon as possible.
析 as...as possible结构中的形容词或副词应是可比较的，immediately没有比较级和最高级形式，故不可用于这个结构中。
错句：As the weather was bad, so I didn't go.
纠正：As the weather was bad, I didn't go.
- ☆ 12世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古英语的alwsa，意为的确如此。
- for example例如，举例来说...
- for instance例如
- thought to be被认为是
- inasmuch as 由于
- to such an extent如此之多／大...
- by way of经过
- forasmuch asconj 鉴于
- by means of用…的方法，凭借…，借助...
- considering that因为
- in place of代替
- as per按照
- even if即使
- considering 鉴于
- forasmuch 鉴于 ...
- every bit同样
- American Samoa美属萨摩亚
- Eastern Samoa东萨摩亚(位于南太平洋)...
- even though即使
- while当 ... 的时候...
- as:中科永联高级技术培训中心（www.itisedu.com） SQL Server 2005分析服务是一种全面的和集成的商务智能、数据挖掘、分析和报表解决方案。它将数据资源连接到分析工具，进而为用户提...…