- 忙得不可开交，应接不暇（用于短语be snowed under with）
- [U] 雪,雪花,雪片 frozen water vapour that falls to the ground from the sky in soft white flakes
- [C] 下雪,降雪 fall of snow
- vt. & vi. 下雪 (of snow) to come down from the sky
- vt. 用花言巧语欺骗、说服或赢得某人的尊敬 attempt to deceive, persuade sb or win the respect of sb by elaborate but often insincere talk
precipitation falling from clouds in the form of ice crystals
a layer of snowflakes (white crystals of frozen water) covering the ground
English writer of novels about moral dilemmas in academe (1905-1980)
street names for cocaine
fall as snow;
"It was snowing all night"
conceal one's true motives from especially by elaborately feigning good intentions so as to gain an end;
"He bamboozled his professors into thinking that he knew the subject well"
- Snow scattered unequally over the mountainside.
- The compacted snow on the pavement turned to ice.
- He trudge three hour in the snow to get back home.
- Last winter the snow lay thick on the ground.
- Snow is not uncommon during these months.
- He watched his woods filled up with snow.
- It was snowing heavily.
- I have a hunch that it will snow soon.
- The highway was covered with snow.
- Snow falls in flakes.
- The following morning, the snow stopped and the clouds scattered.
- The thick snow slowed her progress.
- It is abnormal if snow falls in October here.
- In the high altitudes snow and ice remain all the year round.
- There was adequate rain and snow last winter.
- The boy snatched up a handful of snow and stuffed it in his friend's collar.
- We expect snow before morning.
- A trail of blood spotted the snow.
- Scraping the snow away, they found a car buried underneath!
- I was so excited to see snow that I was indifferent to the cold.
- The children enjoyed shaping the snow into figures of people and animals.
- It will not take long for the melted snow to soak into the soil.
- Have you ever seen the mountains covered in snow?
- After a while we'll take a walk in the snow.
- I struggled in the snow, trying to make my way forward.
- The river has swollen with melted snow.
- The trees were silvered with snow.
- The skier skimmed across the snow.
- The hills were salted with a light fall of snow.
- The branch snapped off under the weight of the snow.
- The lofty mountains were crowned with snow.
- They live amidst the snows of Tibet.
- The snows came early that year.
- There was a heavy snow fall early in December.12
- Is it snowing?
- It is cold and starting to snow.
- It was snowing harder now.
- Look!It's snowing heavily!
- Does it snow in winter in your hometown?
- It was snowing fast this time yesterday.
- If you don't believe that it's snowing, go and see for yourself.
- Sometimes it snows, and the land is all white.
- It has just snowed twice here.
- It snowed all night.
- It began to snow big,far flakes.
- After the rain the peach blossoms snowed their petals.
- Gerald really snowed Brenda, and she believed every word.I hope she finds out the truth about him.
- I was really snowed by his smooth manners and polite talk.
- as pure as the driven snow
纯真无邪的,玉洁冰清 extremely pure
- as white as snow
雪白的,极白的 very white
- snow job
为博得别人赞赏夸夸其谈,吹牛 insincere or exaggerated talk designed to gain the favour of sb
- snow in (v.+adv.)
被雪所围 be surrounded with snow, and prevent from moving
snow sb/sth ⇔ in
The village has been snowed in for a week.
We were snowed in for several days.
- snow off (v.+adv.)
因下雪停止举行 be cancelled because of snow
snowed sth ⇔ off
They are now playing the football match which was snowed off last Saturday.
- snow under (v.+adv.)
工作多得忙不过来 cause to have more of sth than one can deal with常用于 be ～ed 结构
- snow up (v.+adv.)
完全为雪所覆盖 cover completely with snow
snow sth ⇔ up
The whole area is snowed up.
The mountain passes are snowed up.
The mountain village was snowed up for a whole week after the blizzard.
- bear snow 积雪
- clear away snow 扫雪
- clear off the snow 扫除积雪
- drift the snow 把雪吹成小堆
- have snow 降雪,有雪
- knock the snow off 把雪从…抖掉
- melt snow 融雪
- pile up snow 堆雪
- shake the snow off one's clothes 把衣服上的雪抖掉
- sweep away the snow 扫雪
- threaten snow 预示要下雪
- crisp snow 松脆的雪
- deep snow 厚厚的雪
- drifting snow 吹积的雪
- driving snow 暴风雪
- falling snow 飘降的雪
- fresh snow 新雪
- heavy snow 鹅毛大雪
- high snows 高原积雪(带)
- light snow 小雪
- melting snow 正在融化中的雪
- mushy snow 软绵绵的雪
- new-fallen snow 刚下的雪
- the first snow 第一场雪,瑞雪
- thin snow 薄雪
- timely snow 瑞雪
- after the snow 雪后
- during the snows 在经常下雪的季节
- in the snow 在雪地里
- play in the snow 在雪地里玩耍
- a blanket of snow 一片白雪
- a drift of snow 吹积成的雪堆
- a fall of snow 一场雪
- flakes of snow 雪花
- beat a path through the snow 在雪中踩出一条路
- travel through the snow 在雪中旅行
Some, whose white hair shone Like mountain snow.出自： Shelley
Distant moors..covered by pure untroubled snow.出自： Anne Stevenson
A sweep of..air..snowing the flaky ashes broadcast about the fire.出自： M. Twain
And a / fine aeroplane was snowing propaganda.出自： fig.
误 Children like to play under the snow.
正 Children like to play in the snow.
析 表示“在雪中”,应该说in the snow,而不是 under the snow。去年的积雪正在融化。
误 The snow of last year is thawing.
正 The snows of last year are thawing.
误 The snow in Hangzhou is an uncommon sight.
正 Snow in Hangzhou is an uncommon sight.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的snaw，意为雪。
- snowfall 降雪
- blizzard 暴风雪
- flurry 一阵疾风
- hail 冰雹
- sleet 雨雪
- slush 软泥(油灰
- ice 冰
- snowflake 雪花
- snowstorm 暴风雪
- ice over 结冰
- ice up 冻上冰(被冰履盖)...
- snow-storm 暴风雨
- bamboozle 欺骗
- flurries 名词flurry的复数形...
- snowflakes 雪片
- drift 漂流
- precipitation 仓促
- hoodwink 欺骗
- shower 淋浴
- white 白色的
- dupe 受骗的人
- trick 诡计
- overpower 压倒
- humbug 欺诈
- deceive 欺骗
- buffalo 水牛
- amaze 使吃惊
- beguile 诱骗
- astound 使惊骇
- gull 鸥
- astonish 使惊讶
- mislead 误导
- bullshit 胡说
- hoax 欺骗
- snow squall 暴风雪
- bowl over 击倒
- knock out 敲出
- snow 雪
- squall 狂风
- take in 接受
- sell a bill of goods 以花言巧语骗取信任...
- pull the wool over one's eyes 蒙骗
- wool 羊毛
- the 那
- out 出
- bill 帐单
- bowl 碗
- in 在 ... 里
- nose candy 嗅用麻醉品
- a 英语字母表的第一个字母...
- knock 敲击
- blow 打击
- C 字母C
- play false 作弊
- pull the wool over someone's eyes 欺骗某人,蒙蔽某人...
- pull 拉
- lead by the nose 完全控制
- one's 任何人的
- coke 焦炭
- of 关于
- sell 出售
- over 在 ... 的上方...
- eyes 眼睛
- goods 货物
- take 拿