- 忙得不可开交，应接不暇（用于短语be snowed under with）
- [U] 雪,雪花,雪片 frozen water vapour that falls to the ground from the sky in soft white flakes
- [C] 下雪,降雪 fall of snow
- vt. & vi. 下雪 (of snow) to come down from the sky
- vt. 用花言巧语欺骗、说服或赢得某人的尊敬 attempt to deceive, persuade sb or win the respect of sb by elaborate but often insincere talk
- precipitation falling from clouds in the form of ice crystals
- a layer of snowflakes (white crystals of frozen water) covering the ground
- English writer of novels about moral dilemmas in academe (1905-1980)
- street names for cocaine
- fall as snow;
"It was snowing all night"
- conceal one's true motives from especially by elaborately feigning good intentions so as to gain an end;
"He bamboozled his professors into thinking that he knew the subject well"
- Snow scattered unequally over the mountainside.
- The compacted snow on the pavement turned to ice.
- He trudge three hour in the snow to get back home.
- Last winter the snow lay thick on the ground.
- Snow is not uncommon during these months.
- He watched his woods filled up with snow.
- It was snowing heavily.
- I have a hunch that it will snow soon.
Snow falls in flakes.
The following morning, the snow stopped and the clouds scattered.
The thick snow slowed her progress.
It is abnormal if snow falls in October here.
In the high altitudes snow and ice remain all the year round.
There was adequate rain and snow last winter.
The boy snatched up a handful of snow and stuffed it in his friend's collar.
We expect snow before morning.
A trail of blood spotted the snow.
Scraping the snow away, they found a car buried underneath!
I was so excited to see snow that I was indifferent to the cold.
The children enjoyed shaping the snow into figures of people and animals.
It will not take long for the melted snow to soak into the soil.
Have you ever seen the mountains covered in snow?
After a while we'll take a walk in the snow.
I struggled in the snow, trying to make my way forward.
The river has swollen with melted snow.
The trees were silvered with snow.
The skier skimmed across the snow.
The hills were salted with a light fall of snow.
The branch snapped off under the weight of the snow.
The lofty mountains were crowned with snow.
They live amidst the snows of Tibet.
The snows came early that year.
There was a heavy snow fall early in December.12
Is it snowing?
It is cold and starting to snow.
It was snowing harder now.
Look!It's snowing heavily!
Does it snow in winter in your hometown?
It was snowing fast this time yesterday.
If you don't believe that it's snowing, go and see for yourself.
Sometimes it snows, and the land is all white.
It has just snowed twice here.
It snowed all night.
It began to snow big,far flakes.
After the rain the peach blossoms snowed their petals.
Gerald really snowed Brenda, and she believed every word.I hope she finds out the truth about him.
I was really snowed by his smooth manners and polite talk.
- as pure as the driven snow
纯真无邪的,玉洁冰清 extremely pure
She's tall, blonde, twenty-three and as pure as the driven snow. 她23岁,高个子,白肤金发碧眼,是个纯洁无瑕的姑娘。
- 纯真无邪的,玉洁冰清 extremely pure
- as white as snow
雪白的,极白的 very white
The dress she wore was as white as snow. 她穿的衣服雪白。
There is an old man with hair as white as snow. 那儿有一个白发苍苍的老人。
- 雪白的,极白的 very white
- snow job
为博得别人赞赏夸夸其谈,吹牛 insincere or exaggerated talk designed to gain the favour of sb
That salesman who sold me this car did a snow job on me.It's been in the repair shop ever since I bought it. 那个推销员卖给我这辆车哄骗了我,自从我买了它以后就一直放在修车店。
- 为博得别人赞赏夸夸其谈,吹牛 insincere or exaggerated talk designed to gain the favour of sb
- snow in (v.+adv.)
被雪所围 be surrounded with snow, and prevent from moving snow sb/sth ⇔ in 常用于 be ～ed 结构
The village has been snowed in for a week.这个村庄让大雪封住了一星期。
We were snowed in for several days.我们叫大雪困住了好几天。
- 被雪所围 be surrounded with snow, and prevent from moving snow sb/sth ⇔ in 常用于 be ～ed 结构
- snow off (v.+adv.)
因下雪停止举行 be cancelled because of snow snowed sth ⇔ off 用于be ～ed结构
They are now playing the football match which was snowed off last Saturday.他们现在正在进行上星期六因大雪而被取消的那场足球比赛。
- 因下雪停止举行 be cancelled because of snow snowed sth ⇔ off 用于be ～ed结构
- snow under (v.+adv.)
被雪埋住 be hidden under常用于 be ～ed 结构
The cars were snowed under by drifts. 车辆被积雪盖没了。
工作多得忙不过来 cause to have more of sth than one can deal with常用于 be ～ed 结构
We really are snowed under with new orders. 新的订货太多，我们确实忙不过来。
After his brilliant performance, that actor has been virtually snowed under by fan mail. 那个演员精彩表演之后,他对像雪片般飞来的贺信穷于应付。
I am snowed under with work. 我工作忙得不可开交。
- 被雪埋住 be hidden under常用于 be ～ed 结构
- snow up (v.+adv.)
完全为雪所覆盖 cover completely with snow snow sth ⇔ up 常用于 be ～ed 结构
The whole area is snowed up.整个地区都被大雪覆盖了。
The mountain passes are snowed up.山隘口被大雪封闭。
The mountain village was snowed up for a whole week after the blizzard.那场暴风雪之后这个山村被雪困了整整一个星期。
- 完全为雪所覆盖 cover completely with snow snow sth ⇔ up 常用于 be ～ed 结构
- bear snow 积雪
- clear away snow 扫雪
- clear off the snow 扫除积雪
- drift the snow 把雪吹成小堆
- have snow 降雪,有雪
- knock the snow off 把雪从…抖掉
- melt snow 融雪
- pile up snow 堆雪
- shake the snow off one's clothes 把衣服上的雪抖掉
- sweep away the snow 扫雪
- threaten snow 预示要下雪
- crisp snow 松脆的雪
- deep snow 厚厚的雪
- drifting snow 吹积的雪
- driving snow 暴风雪
- falling snow 飘降的雪
- fresh snow 新雪
- heavy snow 鹅毛大雪
- high snows 高原积雪(带)
- light snow 小雪
- melting snow 正在融化中的雪
- mushy snow 软绵绵的雪
- new-fallen snow 刚下的雪
- the first snow 第一场雪,瑞雪
- thin snow 薄雪
- timely snow 瑞雪
- after the snow 雪后
- during the snows 在经常下雪的季节
- in the snow 在雪地里
- play in the snow 在雪地里玩耍
- a blanket of snow 一片白雪
- a drift of snow 吹积成的雪堆
- a fall of snow 一场雪
- flakes of snow 雪花
- beat a path through the snow 在雪中踩出一条路
- travel through the snow 在雪中旅行
Some, whose white hair shone Like mountain snow.出自：Shelley
Distant moors..covered by pure untroubled snow.出自：Anne Stevenson
A sweep of..air..snowing the flaky ashes broadcast about the fire.出自：M. Twain
And a / fine aeroplane was snowing propaganda.出自：fig.
误 Children like to play under the snow.
正 Children like to play in the snow.
析 表示“在雪中”,应该说in the snow,而不是 under the snow。
误 The snow of last year is thawing.
正 The snows of last year are thawing.
误 The snow in Hangzhou is an uncommon sight.
正 Snow in Hangzhou is an uncommon sight.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的nasw，意为雪。
- ice over结冰
- ice up冻上冰(被冰履盖)...
- snow squall暴风雪
- bowl over击倒
- knock out敲出
- take in接受
- sell a bill of goods以花言巧语骗取信任...
- pull the wool over one's eyes蒙骗
- in在 ... 里
- nose candy嗅用麻醉品
- play false作弊
- pull the wool over someone's eyes欺骗某人,蒙蔽某人...
- lead by the nose完全控制
- over在 ... 的上方...
- snow:基本资料姓名：魏雪漫艺名：Wei雪漫(昵称阿雪) 英文名：snow 性别：女生日：12月14日星座：射手座籍贯：身高：164cm血型：0型个人概述喜好：最喜欢的季节：秋天 最喜欢的电影类型：推理悬疑 ...…