- n. 帐单；钞票；清单；议案；海报；节目单；锚钩；鸟喙；帽舌
- v. 开帐单；把 ... 列成表；用海报宣传；(鸟嘴)接触；爱抚
- n. 比尔(男子名)
- 招贴， 海报，广告
- 贴海报宣布， 贴海报
- [C]账单 written statement of money owed for goods or services supplied
- [C]广告,招贴,节目单 written or printed advertisement; notice; programme of entertainment at a cinema, theatre, etc.
- [C]议案 draft of a proposed law, to be discussed by a parliament
- [C]钞票 note
- vt. 送交某人账单 send sb a bill for sth
- vt. 宣布,贴广告,列节目单 announce or advertise; put in a programme
a statute in draft before it becomes law;
"they held a public hearing on the bill"
an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered;
"he paid his bill and left"
"send me an account of what I owe"
a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank);
"he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
the entertainment offered at a public presentation
an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution;
"he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement;
"a poster advertised the coming attractions"
a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
a long-handled saw with a curved blade;
"he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree"
a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes;
"he pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead"
horny projecting mouth of a bird
"Will I get charged for this service?"
"We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
advertise especially by posters or placards;
"He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso"
publicize or announce by placards
- A 10% service charge is added on to the bill.
- I have a 5-dollar bill.
- A bill came along with the package.
- After a long debate the bill was passed.
- A bill of fare is very helpful to TV viewers.
- he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree.
- We'll bill you next week for your purchases.
- I can't pay for the books now. Will you bill me (for them) later?
- Please bill goods in the store.
- She is billed to appear as Jane.
- Bill Gates is an American citizen.
- When Alma's husband discovered a large bill for a new fur coat among her correspondence, he blew his top.
- His hotel bill comes to 20 pounds.
- Ask the waiter to bring the bill.
- The electricity bill is overdue.
- This last thing will bring the bill to over ￡500.
- The garage sent us a bill for repairing our car.
- The six hours a week that I work bring in enough to pay the gas and electricity bills.
- The bill for the repairs came to ￡650.
- Post no bills!
- There were some famous names on the bill.
- They will bring in a parliamentary bill.
- The opposition blocked the passage of the bill through parliament.
- The bill for new taxes will be voted on by the Senate today.
- The three bills were brought in block for discussion.
- A new bill will be brought in to deal with these problems.
- A bill was brought in to abolish the death penalty.
- I cannot pay for the books now.Will you bill me later?
- We'll bill you next week for your purchases.
- The store billed me for goods I bought.
- The new actor was billed for this week.
- The play is billed for next week.
- They billed me ten dollars for the two books.
- He's billed as Hamlet .
- It's been billed as the race of the year.
- The following election is being billed as the most important in 30 years.
- He is billed to appear as Othello .
- fill〔fit〕 the bill
适合需要,合乎要求 be adequate or suitable for a specific purpose
- foot〔meet〕 the bill
- head〔top〕 the bill
挂头牌,领衔主演 be the most important item or person on a list or a programme of entertainments
- kill the bill
拒绝议案 refuse a bill
- sell a bill of goods
sell sb a bill of goods
He tried to sell me a bill of goods, but I wouldn't listen to him.
- bill and coo
(男女)相互亲吻,(低声地)谈情说爱 (boy and girl) kiss each other, talk love
- adopt a bill 正式通过一项议案
- amend a bill 修正一项议案
- back a bill 背书票据
- break a bill 兑开钞票
- bring in a bill 提出一项议案
- bring the bill 拿账单
- carry a bill 通过议案
- change a bill 兑换钞票
- cut down bills 紧缩开支
- defeat a bill 否定议案
- dishonor a bill 拒付票据
- draft a bill 起草议案
- fill the bill 合乎要求
- fit the bill 合乎要求
- foot the bill 付账
- head the bill 领衔主演
- introduce a bill 提出一项议案
- kill a bill 拒绝一项议案
- make out a bill 开列账单
- meet the bill 付账
- oppose a bill 反对一项议案
- pass a bill 通过一项议案
- paste a bill 贴海报
- pay a bill 付账
- post a bill 贴海报
- present a bill 提出一项议案
- propose a bill 提出一项议案
- quash a bill 撤销一项议案
- receive a bill 收到账单
- reduce bills 紧缩开支
- reject a bill 否决一项议案
- settle a bill 结账
- shelve a bill 暂时搁置一项议案
- stick a bill 张贴海报
- submit a bill 提出一项议案
- support a bill 赞成一项议案
- take up a bill 承兑汇票
- throw out a bill 否决一项议案
- top the bill 领衔主演
- veto a bill 否决一项议案
- vote on a bill 就一项议案进行表决
- accommodation bill 融通汇票
- concert bill 音乐会节目单
- electricity bill 电费
- five dollar bill5 美元钞票
- gas bill 煤气费
- hotel bill 住宿费
- telephone bill 电话费
- theatre bill 剧院海报
- transport bill 运输法案
- utility bills 公用事业费用
- bill for 关于…的法案
- bill from 从…开来的账单
- bill of debt 期票
- bill of exchange 汇票
- bill of fare 菜单；节目单
- bill of health 健康证书，检疫证书
- bill of lading 提(货)单
- bill of rights 人权宣言；权利声明
- B- of Right 〈美〉人权法案
- bill sb for sth 把…账单送到(某人)处
Send out your press. Bill every able-bodied man. Bill the women if the men won't come.出自： J. Masefield
- bill作“账单”解时指记载各种费用的总数的单子;作“广告,节目单”解时指用以宣传某件事或通知具体内容的招贴;作“议案”解时通常是指由权威机构提出、由议会等讨论的重大决策;作“钞票”解时指纸币。在苏格兰英语里, bill还可指“鸟嘴”,但并不多见。
- bill常接介词for,表示“把…账单送到(某人)处”,其句型为“bill sb for sth ”。
- bill, account, invoice
- account 与 bill, invoice的意思都与账目或单据有关,其区别是：
- account 是商业用语,强调金钱、物资或服务的收支情况。bill 指“票据”“凭单”,是对所购货物或所得服务的付款通知单,可以见单付款或记入账内。invoice 指“发票”“清单”,指列有物品细则和服务项目及其收费等的清单。
- bill, beak
- bill, note
- I have five one-dollar bills.我有五张1美元的钞票。
- She gave me four five-pound notes.她给了我四张5英镑的纸币。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的bulla，意为封口盖了图章的文件。