- v.开帐单；把 ... 列成表；用海报宣传；(鸟嘴)接触；爱抚
- 招贴， 海报，广告
- 贴海报宣布， 贴海报
- [C]账单 written statement of money owed for goods or services supplied
- [C]广告,招贴,节目单 written or printed advertisement; notice; programme of entertainment at a cinema, theatre, etc.
- [C]议案 draft of a proposed law, to be discussed by a parliament
- [C]钞票 note
- vt. 送交某人账单 send sb a bill for sth
- vt. 宣布,贴广告,列节目单 announce or advertise; put in a programme
- a statute in draft before it becomes law;
"they held a public hearing on the bill"
- an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered;
"he paid his bill and left"
"send me an account of what I owe"
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank);
"he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
- the entertainment offered at a public presentation
- an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution;
"he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
- a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement;
"a poster advertised the coming attractions"
- a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
- a long-handled saw with a curved blade;
"he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree"
- a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes;
"he pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead"
- horny projecting mouth of a bird
- demand payment;
"Will I get charged for this service?"
"We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
- advertise especially by posters or placards;
"He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso"
- publicize or announce by placards
- A 10% service charge is added on to the bill.
- I have a 5-dollar bill.
- A bill came along with the package.
- After a long debate the bill was passed.
- A bill of fare is very helpful to TV viewers.
- he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree.
- Bill Gates is an American citizen.
- We'll bill you next week for your purchases.
- I can't pay for the books now. Will you bill me (for them) later?
- Please bill goods in the store.
- She is billed to appear as Jane.
When Alma's husband discovered a large bill for a new fur coat among her correspondence, he blew his top.
His hotel bill comes to 20 pounds.
Ask the waiter to bring the bill.
The electricity bill is overdue.
This last thing will bring the bill to over ￡500.
The garage sent us a bill for repairing our car.
The six hours a week that I work bring in enough to pay the gas and electricity bills.
The bill for the repairs came to ￡650.
Post no bills!
There were some famous names on the bill.
They will bring in a parliamentary bill.
The opposition blocked the passage of the bill through parliament.
The bill for new taxes will be voted on by the Senate today.
The three bills were brought in block for discussion.
A new bill will be brought in to deal with these problems.
A bill was brought in to abolish the death penalty.
I cannot pay for the books now.Will you bill me later?
We'll bill you next week for your purchases.
The store billed me for goods I bought.
The new actor was billed for this week.
The play is billed for next week.
They billed me ten dollars for the two books.
He's billed as Hamlet .
It's been billed as the race of the year.
The following election is being billed as the most important in 30 years.
He is billed to appear as Othello .
- fill〔fit〕 the bill
适合需要,合乎要求 be adequate or suitable for a specific purpose
As a general manager he isn't filling the bill. 他当总经理不称职。
He is the right person for the job.He will fit the bill. 他是这项工作的最佳人选,他一定会称职的。
If you're very hungry a double helping of spaghetti should fit the bill! 要是很饿的话,吃两份意大利面条就行了。
- 适合需要,合乎要求 be adequate or suitable for a specific purpose
- foot〔meet〕 the bill
If our plan succeeded, the boss was to meet the bill. 如果我们的计划成功的话,这个老板将负担所有的费用。
- 付账,负担全部费用 charge
- head〔top〕 the bill
挂头牌,领衔主演 be the most important item or person on a list or a programme of entertainments
She is a film star and headed the bill in several films. 她是一名影星,已经领衔主演过好几部电影了。
She topped the bill at the Palace Theatre. 她在皇宫剧院里演主角。
- 挂头牌,领衔主演 be the most important item or person on a list or a programme of entertainments
- kill the bill
拒绝议案 refuse a bill
The government intended to kill the bill. 政府想否决该提案。
- 拒绝议案 refuse a bill
- sell a bill of goods
以花言巧语骗得(某人)同意 agree sell sb a bill of goods
He tried to sell me a bill of goods, but I wouldn't listen to him.他想以花言巧语骗得我的同意,可我根本就不听他的。
- 以花言巧语骗得(某人)同意 agree sell sb a bill of goods
- bill and coo
(男女)相互亲吻,(低声地)谈情说爱 (boy and girl) kiss each other, talk love
They sat there billing and cooing till after midnight. 他们坐在那儿谈情说爱直到深夜。
The park was full of lovers billing and cooing under the tress. 公园树下尽是谈情说爱的情侣。
He took his girlfriend home after the party and they stayed in the car billing and cooing for a long time before she went into her house. 聚会以后他送女友回家,他俩呆在车里谈情说爱,过了好久他的女友才进屋里去。
- (男女)相互亲吻,(低声地)谈情说爱 (boy and girl) kiss each other, talk love
- adopt a bill 正式通过一项议案
- amend a bill 修正一项议案
- back a bill 背书票据
- break a bill 兑开钞票
- bring in a bill 提出一项议案
- bring the bill 拿账单
- carry a bill 通过议案
- change a bill 兑换钞票
- cut down bills 紧缩开支
- defeat a bill 否定议案
- dishonor a bill 拒付票据
- draft a bill 起草议案
- fill the bill 合乎要求
- fit the bill 合乎要求
- foot the bill 付账
- head the bill 领衔主演
- introduce a bill 提出一项议案
- kill a bill 拒绝一项议案
- make out a bill 开列账单
- meet the bill 付账
- oppose a bill 反对一项议案
- pass a bill 通过一项议案
- paste a bill 贴海报
- pay a bill 付账
- post a bill 贴海报
- present a bill 提出一项议案
- propose a bill 提出一项议案
- quash a bill 撤销一项议案
- receive a bill 收到账单
- reduce bills 紧缩开支
- reject a bill 否决一项议案
- settle a bill 结账
- shelve a bill 暂时搁置一项议案
- stick a bill 张贴海报
- submit a bill 提出一项议案
- support a bill 赞成一项议案
- take up a bill 承兑汇票
- throw out a bill 否决一项议案
- top the bill 领衔主演
- veto a bill 否决一项议案
- vote on a bill 就一项议案进行表决
- accommodation bill 融通汇票
- concert bill 音乐会节目单
- electricity bill 电费
- five dollar bill5 美元钞票
- gas bill 煤气费
- hotel bill 住宿费
- telephone bill 电话费
- theatre bill 剧院海报
- transport bill 运输法案
- utility bills 公用事业费用
- bill for 关于…的法案
- bill from 从…开来的账单
- bill of debt 期票
- bill of exchange 汇票
- bill of fare 菜单；节目单
- bill of health 健康证书，检疫证书
- bill of lading 提(货)单
- bill of rights 人权宣言；权利声明
- B- of Right 〈美〉人权法案
- bill sb for sth 把…账单送到(某人)处
Send out your press. Bill every able-bodied man. Bill the women if the men won't come.出自：J. Masefield
- bill作“账单”解时指记载各种费用的总数的单子;作“广告,节目单”解时指用以宣传某件事或通知具体内容的招贴;作“议案”解时通常是指由权威机构提出、由议会等讨论的重大决策;作“钞票”解时指纸币。在苏格兰英语里, bill还可指“鸟嘴”,但并不多见。
- bill常接介词for,表示“把…账单送到(某人)处”,其句型为“bill sb for sth ”。
- bill, account, invoice
account 与 bill, invoice的意思都与账目或单据有关,其区别是：account 是商业用语,强调金钱、物资或服务的收支情况。bill 指“票据”“凭单”,是对所购货物或所得服务的付款通知单,可以见单付款或记入账内。invoice 指“发票”“清单”,指列有物品细则和服务项目及其收费等的清单。
- bill, beak
- bill, note
这两个词的意思都是“钞票”,二者的用法基本相同,经常可以互换使用。其主要的区别在于:bill为美国用词,而note为英国用词。例如:I have five one-dollar bills.我有五张1美元的钞票。She gave me four five-pound notes.她给了我四张5英镑的纸币。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的blula，意为封口盖了图章的文件。
- BILL:Williamn. 威廉(男子名)
- BILl:Bwrdd Iechyd Lleol (Welsh: Local Health Board)Bwrdd Iechyd Lleol(威尔士语:当地健康委员会)
- BILL:Beer Industry League of Louisiana啤酒工业联盟的路易斯安那州