- 使接受， 使人相信
- vt. & vi. 卖,售,销 give sth for money
- vt. 经销; 推销 have a stock of sth for sale; persuade sb to buy sth
- vt. 使人买,将…卖出 make people want to buy; cause sth to be sold
- vi. 被出售,有销路,有人买 be sold; find buyers
- vt. 使…相信 make sb believe that sb/sth is good or true
- vt. 接受贿赂、报酬等而做坏事 accept a bribe, reward, etc. for doing sth bad
- vt. 欺骗 cheat
- [S] 欺骗; 失望 a deception; disappointment
- [U] 卖,销售 the act or an instance of selling
- the activity of persuading someone to buy;
"it was a hard sell"
- exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent;
"He sold his house in January"
"She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit"
- be sold at a certain price or in a certain way;
"These books sell like hot cakes"
- persuade somebody to accept something;
"The French try to sell us their image as great lovers"
- do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood;
"She deals in gold"
"The brothers sell shoes"
- give up for a price or reward;
"She sold her principles for a successful career"
- be approved of or gain acceptance;
"The new idea sold well in certain circles"
- be responsible for the sale of;
"All her publicity sold the products"
- deliver to an enemy by treachery;
"Judas sold Jesus"
"The spy betrayed his country"
- Her name will help to sell the film.
- The group's record has sold millions.
- I'd like to buy your house if you are willing to sell it.
- It is not price but quality that sells our shoes.
Merchants buy and sell.
If you are willing to sell,I'll buy.
Our products sell in many countries in the world.
Ice-cream sells best in (the) summer.
The new-type TV set sells well.
It can sell high.
Goods of that quality will never sell.
Do you sell needles?
Do you sell stamps?
He sold his car because he needed money.
This shop sells a wide variety of goods.
This record has sold over a million copies.
Good news sells newspapers.
He sold them to the police.
The traitor sold his country for money.
Such people are ready to sell their souls.
British cars are sold in nearly every country in the world.
He realized he had been sold.
John sold Mary his bicycle.
He sold me this car at the price of 420 pounds.
We sold them some fertilizer.
I take it he wants to sell us some stuff.
Can you sell the boss your plan?
He tried to sell me a lie about losing his wallet.
I sold my house to him.
It is easy to sell goods to children.
They sold their pictures to an art dealer.
We are thinking of selling the house to a building firm.
He sold them to the enemy.
Will they be able to sell their ideas to the voters?
What an excuse!You'll never sell that to anyone.
John's house was sold to a Frenchman.
Don't sell yourself short when you go for an interview.
When you say John is inefficient,I think you're selling him short.
Don't sell the team short; the players are better than you think.
You were selling it short when you said that the restaurant was quite good—it's excellent.
Take care that you don't sell his suggestion short, it could save the firm a lot of money.
Would you like a career in selling?
It's a real sell; the food seems cheap but you pay extra for vegetables.
The prize was supposed to be a free trip to Europe, but it turned out to be just a picture book of London.What a sell!
- sell at〔for〕( v.+prep. )
以…价格出售 give in exchange at a particular price sell at〔for〕 sth
Eggs sell at 60 cents a dozen.鸡蛋售价为每打60美分。
Each duck sells for five yuan .每只鸭售价5元。sell sth at〔for〕 sth
I sold my new bicycle at half price.我以半价把新自行车卖了。
I'll sell it to you for ￡5.我愿以五镑的价钱卖给你。
He sold the house for $50,000.他的房子卖了5万美元。
- 以…价格出售 give in exchange at a particular price sell at〔for〕 sth
- sell by( v.+prep. )
按…出售 give in exchange through sth sell sth by sth
The shop sells goods by retail.这家商店零售货物。
They sell it by the pound.他们按磅出售这东西。
- 按…出售 give in exchange through sth sell sth by sth
- sell off( v.+adv. )
廉价销售 sell at a low price sell sth ⇔ off
He has sold off his business.他低价变卖了他的店铺。
The department store is selling off its summer stock.这家百货公司正在举行夏季商品大拍卖。
We're selling off these tins of fruit at reduced prices because they're slightly damaged.我们廉价出售这些水果罐头,因为它们稍有损伤。
The shopkeeper had too many cucumbers and had to sell them off cheap to get rid of them.那个店主库存的黄瓜太多,所以得把它们廉价出售。
The store is selling off their old television sets to make room for the latest models.这家商店正在廉价处理旧式电视机,以便购进最新型电视机。用于 be ～ed 结构
Everything has been sold off to pay his debts.为了还债,他变卖了一切。
The rest of the goods will be sold off at greatly reduced prices.剩下的货物得大幅度削价出售。
- 廉价销售 sell at a low price sell sth ⇔ off
- sell on( v.+prep. )
〈非正〉说服; 赞成,赞许 persuade; accept sth; believe that it is good sell sb on sth
We tried to sell the toy manufacturer on our new kind of plastic.我们试图说服玩具制造商采用我们的新型塑料。
If you can sell the chairman on your plan, the rest of the committee will quickly agree .如果你能说服主席同意你的计划,其他委员会欣然同意的。用于 be ～ed 结构
Are the workers sold on the idea of profit-sharing?工人们接受分红的主意吗?
I like the house but I'm not sold on the area.我喜欢这房子,但对地段不太感兴趣。
I'm completely sold on the idea; I think it's a brilliant suggestion.我对这个想法极感兴趣,认为它是一个绝妙的建议。
Is the director completely sold on the idea of combining the two firms?那位董事长完全同意合并这两家公司的意见吗?
- 〈非正〉说服; 赞成,赞许 persuade; accept sth; believe that it is good sell sb on sth
- sell out( v.+adv. )
出售股份 sell a share in a business sell out
I've decided to sell out and go and live in the country.我决定卖掉股份,去乡村生活。sell sth ⇔ out
She had decided to sell out her share of the company and retire.她决定出售她在公司的股份并退休。
脱销 be out of stock sell out
The shop has sold out of bread and won't have any more until tomorrow.商店里的面包已售完,要到明天才有供应。sell out sth
The shop sold out all its shirts.那家商店把所有的衬衣都卖光了。
He sold out his shop and moved to Cornwall.他把商店卖出去,搬到康俄尔去了。用于 be ～ed 结构
This wardrobe has been sold out.这个衣柜已经卖出去了。
The shirts were cheap and sold out fast.这些衬衫很便宜,很快就卖完了。
The new commemorative stamps are all sold out.这版新纪念邮票全都卖完了。
A sign on the box-office window says “All Sold Out”.售票处窗子上挂了一个“全部售完”的牌子。
〈非正〉背叛,出卖 be disloyal or unfaithful to; betray sell out
He was a good writer, but he sold out and now just writes for money.他曾是个好作家,但后来出卖了原则,现在只是为钱而写作了。
The union leaders were accused of selling out to the employers.工会领袖们被指责向雇主投降。
Those who sell out to the enemy should be severely punished.投降者应受严惩。sell sb ⇔ out
They've sold us out by agreeing to work during the strike.他们同意在罢工期间上班,从而背叛了我们。用于 be ～ed 结构
He was sold out by a traitor and arrested.他被叛徒出卖而被捕了。sell out sth
They accused him of selling out the interests of the people.他们指责他出卖人民的利益。
Soon they began to sell out their country's sovereignty and independence.不久,他们开始出卖自己国家的主权和独立。
The country has sold out its principles in yielding to the demands of a military power.这个国家屈从于一个军事大国的要求而出卖原则。
- 出售股份 sell a share in a business sell out
- sell up( v.+adv. )
变卖财产; 卖光 sell what one owns; sell all one's goods sell up
I shall have to sell up to pay all my debts.我将不得不变卖我的东西来还债。
I'll just have to sell up now to get some ready cash.我必须变卖家产才能得到现金。
I'm thinking of selling up and leaving the country.我在想要卖光财产离开这个国家。
After farming for ten years, he sold up and went to Canada.他经营了十年农场后,变卖了全部财产前往加拿大。
- 变卖财产; 卖光 sell what one owns; sell all one's goods sell up
- hard sell
硬推销术 aggressive way of selling sth
They are certainly giving the book the hard sell, with advertisements every night on TV. 他们用硬推销术宣传这本书,每天晚上都在电视上登广告。
- 硬推销术 aggressive way of selling sth
- sell bikes 出售自行车
- sell books 卖书
- sell car 卖车
- sell goods 销售货物
- sell meat 卖肉
- sell needles 卖针
- sell new car 使新车得以卖出
- sell newspapers 有助于报纸的畅销
- sell one's country 出卖祖国
- sell one's friends 出卖朋友
- sell one's honour 出卖荣誉
- sell one's soul 出卖灵魂
- sell sb some fertilizer 卖给某人一些肥料
- sell stamps 出售邮票
- sell again 又上了一次当
- sell best 销路好,好卖
- sell cheap 售价便宜
- sell dear 高价出售
- sell direct 直接出售
- sell high 卖高价
- sell outright 当场售出
- sell piecemeal 一件一件地出售
- sell retail 零售
- sell short 卖空
- sell very fast 销路好,好卖
- sell well 销路良好
- sell wholesale 批发
- sell briskly 销路很好
- sell easily 轻而易举地售出
- sell immediately 立即售出
- sell intelligently 明智地销售
- sell irregularly 不规则地出售
- sell languidly 销售缓慢
- sell largely 大量售出
- sell legitimately 合法销售
- sell openly 公开售出
- sell poorly 销路不好
- sell privately 私下卖给
- sell profitably 有利可图地出售
- sell quickly 销售迅速
- sell really 销路好
- sell smartly 销路很好
- sell sparingly 少量售出
- sell away 卖掉
- sell off 卖掉,让出
- sell out 卖光,卖掉,背叛,出卖
- sell out one's property 出售房产
- sell out shirts 卖掉衬衫
- sell up 卖光,为偿债而变卖
- sell at 以…价出售
- sell at a loss 亏本出售
- sell at bargain 廉价出售,大减价
- sell at fixed prices 按固定价格出售
- sell at one pound each 按一英镑一个出售
- sell at three for per yuan 按每元三个出售
- sell below cost 亏本出售
- sell by 按…出售
- sell by auction 拍卖
- sell by dozen 按打出售
- sell by weight 按重量卖
- sell by yard 按码卖
- sell sb down the river 欺骗某人
- sell for 以(多少钱)卖出
- sell for a good price 卖个好价钱
- sell for a song 以极低的价格出售,大拍卖
- sell for ten pounds 卖十镑
- sell in 按…出售
- sell in bottles 按瓶出售
- sell in gross 批发
- sell in small lots 一小份一小份地出售
- sell like hot cakes 畅销
- sell on trust 赊销
- sell through a commission merchant 通过代理商出售
- sell to the trade 卖给同行
- sell under prime cost 低于原价出售
- sell under the counter 私下出售,非法出售
- sell without any profit 保本出售
- switch sell 转换推销法
- sole right of sell 独家经销权
The whole explanation was simply an elaborate sell.出自：B. Stoker
It'll be an awful sell if at the end..you've made a hash of it.出自：W. S. Maugham
There were traitors in the Turkish ranks,..the Turkish Army was more or less sold.出自：G. J. W. Wolseley
- sell out的意思是“出售股份”“脱销”; sell up的意思是“变卖财产”“卖光”。
sell out, sell off和sell up都可作“售完”或“卖光”解,但三者的意境色彩不同。试比较
Sorry, we've all sold out of shirts in yoursize.对不起,合你尺寸的衬衣已经卖完了。(一般陈述)The novel sold out quickly.这部小说很快销售一空。(供不应求)Well, let these goods be sold off.好吧,就把这些货物全部卖光。(急于脱手)The boss had to sell up.这个老板只好把存货卖光。(出于不得已,如还债)
- sell at, sell for
sell at和sell for都表示“以…价格出售”。其区别是：at表示单价, for表示总价。
误 He sold his car for a year.
正 He sold his car a year ago.
正 It is a year since he sold his car.
误 Our product sells good in 32 countries in the world.
正 Our product sells well in 32 countries in the world.
正 Our product has a ready sale in 32 countries in the world.
析 表示“畅销”,可说sell well,也可说have a ready sale〔ready market,good market〕,不可说sell good。
误 He sold his car by $2000.
正 He sold his car for $2000.
误 We sell the meat at jin .
正 We sell the meat by jin .
误 The book is sold well.
正 The book sells well.
析 表示“某物出售情况如何”时, sell为不及物动词,其主语只能是物,不能是人,而不用被动结构。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sellan，意为给；最初源自原始日耳曼语的sailjanan，意为出手，转送。
- SELL:SOKIL Express Lines Ltd.SOKIL线有限公司表示
- SELL:South End Little League小联盟的南头
- SELL:Societas Veterinariorum Finlandiae ( Finnish Veterinary Association)摘要Veterinariorum Finlandiae(芬兰兽医协会)
- sell:sell v. 出售, 卖习惯用语be sold on sth. [sb.] [美]赞同[赞许]某事[某人]made to sell (不考究品质地)造来卖的sell at 以(某个价格)出售sell…