- =internal-combustion engine 内燃机
- =International Cosmos Explorer 国际宇宙探测器，美国科学卫星
- [U]冰,冰块 water frozen so that it has become solid
- vt. & vi. (使)结冰 congeal; freeze
- water frozen in the solid state;
"Americans like ice in their drinks"
- the frozen part of a body of water
"look at the ice on that dame!"
- a flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes
- a frozen dessert with fruit flavoring (especially one containing no milk)
- an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- a heat engine in which combustion occurs inside the engine rather than in a separate furnace; heat expands a gas that either moves a piston or turns a gas turbine
- a rink with a floor of ice for ice hockey or ice skating;
"the crowd applauded when she skated out onto the ice"
- decorate with frosting;
"frost a cake"
- cause to become ice or icy;
"an iced summer drink"
- put ice on or put on ice;
"Ice your sprained limbs"
- The bird picked a hole in the ice with its beak.
- The ice cracked as I stepped onto it.
- The boy especially likes the ice on the cake.
- She ordered a strawberry ice cream.
- The new student feels like the other students are as cold as ice.
- He must ice after every workout and game for about a half hour.
- He asked the waiter to ice the beer for him.
- The next thing you must do is to ice the milk completely.
- The train was delayed because of ice on the line.
- Water will solidify into ice if you freeze it.
- I just need to ice the cake I made for the dinner.
The ice blocks up the river, making the upstream water unable to flow.
The ice is too thin to bear your weight.
He held a piece of ice and bit off a little.
The car wheels would not bite because of the ice.
The climbers suddenly found that their way was blocked by a perpendicular ice wall.
He had two ices.
The hostess iced a bottle of beer.
His refusal iced our enthusiasm.
She iced the cake.
- black ice
透明薄冰 thin invisible film of ice
Motorists are warned to take extra care this morning because there is black ice on many roads. 告诫汽车驾驶员今天早上要特别小心,因为许多路上有透明薄冰。
- 透明薄冰 thin invisible film of ice
- break the ice
打破冷场 break a deadlock
We haven't learned much in the first lesson, but we have at least broken the ice. 我们第一课没学到多少东西,但是至少开了一个头。
The hostess broke the ice by introducing the strangers to each other. 女主人让新来的客人作彼此介绍以打破拘束的场面。
The party was dull at first, but Robert's humour soon broke the ice and then everyone enjoyed it very much. 晚会最初开得很沉闷,但是罗伯特先生诙谐的谈吐顿时使气氛活跃起来,大家都玩得很开心。
- 打破冷场 break a deadlock
- cut no ice
无作用,不足令人信服的 have little or no effect or influence; be unconvincing
His excuses cut no ice with me. 他的辩解不足以说服我。
Flattery cuts no ice with Alison, she's far too shrewd. 奉承对阿莉森不起任何作用,她太精明了。
This sort of thing will cut no ice on the international market. 这种东西不会对国际市场有任何的影响。
- 无作用,不足令人信服的 have little or no effect or influence; be unconvincing
- on thin ice
处境危险,如履薄冰 take on risk
You don't seem to realize what thin ice you are on. 你似乎没有意识到你现在的处境多危险。
He seemed satisfied with my description of how the machine works, but I was on thin ice because I don't really know much about it myself. 他似乎很满意我对机器操作的叙述,可是我却如履薄冰,因为我自己对那机器实在了解得不多。
- 处境危险,如履薄冰 take on risk
- put on ice
延迟 postpone put sth on ice
The council has put its road-widening scheme on ice until it has the money to pay for it.市政会已把道路拓宽方案推迟到有钱扩建时再说。
- 延迟 postpone put sth on ice
- ice over〔up〕 (v.+adv.)
(使)结冰; (使)表面覆盖上冰 freeze over ice over〔up〕
The wings of the plane have iced up and it is too dangerous to fly.飞机的机翼已经结上了冰,起飞太危险了。
This recent severe cold has iced up all the farm machinery left in the field; I hope it isn't ruined.最近这次凛冽的寒潮已经使田野里所有的农业机械都结上了冰; 但愿它们不会被毁坏。ice sth ⇔ over〔up〕
The thick ice has iced the windshields up.厚厚的冰已覆盖了挡风玻璃。
The water iced the water pipes up.水结成的冰已把水管冻住了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The road becomes treacherous when it is iced up.道路上结冰以后非常危险。
When the lake gets iced over, you can walk right across it to the islands.湖面封冻后,你就可以踏冰越过湖面到那些岛上。
- (使)结冰; (使)表面覆盖上冰 freeze over ice over〔up〕
- make ice 制冰块
- produce ice 制冰
- shave ice 刨冰
- walk over the ice 在冰上走
- eat ice 吃冰淇淋
- take an ice 要冰淇淋
- break ice 打破僵局
- cut ice 起作用
- put sth on ice 把…暂且搁一搁
- skate over thin ice 讨论棘手的问题
- artificial ice 人造冰
- black ice 薄冰(与路面颜色相似,容易使人滑倒)
- dry ice 干冰
- hard ice 硬冰
- man-made ice 人造冰
- melting ice 正在融化的冰
- soft ice 霰
- thick ice 厚冰
- thin ice 薄冰
- ice age 冰河期
- ice block 冰块
- ice box 冰镇箱
- ice cream 冰淇淋
- ice glass 冰花状玻璃
- ice machine 制冰机
- ice show 冰上表演
- ice wall 冰墙
- ice on the lake in winter 冬天湖面的冰
No ship..had been able to breach the ice in Davis Strait.出自：B. Lopez
A snowstorm was encountered and the aircraft became badly iced-up.出自：Times
- ice作名词的基本意思是“冰,冰块”,指的是水在零摄氏度或零度以下凝结成的固体,是不可数名词。说“一块冰”用a piece〔cube〕 of ice来表示。
- ice常与over, up连用,作“(使)表面上结冰”解。
误 She added two ices to the drink.
正 She added two cubes of ice to the drink.
析 ice泛指“冰块”时是不可数名词,没有复数。“一块冰”可以说a piece〔cube〕 of ice。
误 I have already taken two ice.
正 I have already taken two ices.
- ☆ 直接源自古英i的语s，意为光滑。
- v.(动词) freeze
- ICE:Internal Combustion Engine内燃机
- ICE:In Case of Emergencyadv. 遇到紧急情况时(在非常时候)
- ICE:Information and Content Exchange (W3C protocol)信息和内容交换(W3C协议)
- ice:ICE Internet Communications EngineIce 架构Ice 是一种面向对象的中间件平台。从根本上说，这意味着Ice 为构建面向对象的客户－服务器应用提供了工具、API 和…