- n. 水牛；野牛；水陆坦克
- vt. 威吓；欺骗；迷惑
- [C]水牛，(南非或北美的)野牛 a large ox of various kinds,including the wild S African buffalo,the tame (often domesticated) Asian buffalo and the N American bison
large shaggy-haired brown bison of North American plains
a city on Lake Erie in western New York (near Niagara Falls)
meat from an American bison
any of several Old World animals resembling oxen including, e.g., water buffalo; Cape buffalo
intimidate or overawe
- Asian buffalo isn't as wild as that of America's.
- There were lots of buffaloes in the North America 100 years ago.
- Don't buffalo me into doing something I don't want to do.
- He tried to buffalo me at first meeting but I soon caught on to his tricks.
- The fifth question on the test buffaloed me completely.
- Asia buffalo isn't as wild as that of America.
He could still command a hefty advance for a book, he still had critics buffaloed.出自： M. Puzo