- （特邀优秀球队举行的）橄榄球季后赛，精英赛（亦作 bowl game）
- 【印】 （字母a、b、d等的）半圆弧线
- 打倒，打翻（~ over）
- 使惊叹（~ over）
- [C]碗,钵,盘 a deep round container open at the top, especially one deeper than a basin, for holding liquids, flowers, etc.
- [C]一碗之量 the amount a bowl will hold
- a round vessel that is open at the top; used chiefly for holding food or liquids;
- a concave shape with an open top
- a dish that is round and open at the top for serving foods
- the quantity contained in a bowl
- a large structure for open-air sports or entertainments
- a large ball with finger holes used in the sport of bowling
- a wooden ball (with flattened sides so that it rolls on a curved course) used in the game of lawn bowling
- a small round container that is open at the top for holding tobacco
- the act of rolling something (as the ball in bowling)
- roll (a ball)
- hurl a cricket ball from one end of the pitch towards the batsman at the other end
- engage in the sport of bowling;
"My parents like to bowl on Friday nights"
- I have a bowl of cereal every morning.
- His grandfather gave her an earthenware bowl.
- If we win, we'll have a bowl game this season.
- Capitol Hill lawmakers are pressing college football officials to switch the Bowl Championship Series to a playoff system.
- Jerry and Marcy begin to bowl.
- Botham came on to bowl after lunch.
- My parents like to bowl on Friday nights.
The bowls were all edged with a rich border of gold.
The white bowl is banded with a blue line round the edge.
Put the bowls gently on the table; they are very delicate.
Please help to stack up the bowls at the end of the meal.
Can you marry up the two halves of the broken bowl?
He emptied the biscuits onto the bowl.
She emptied more than half the rice into his bowl.
Empty the dirty water into the bowl.
Now some people eat their food from paper bowls.
The Chinese eat rice from bowls.
She rubbed up the silver bowls to a high gloss.
He finished off two bowls of noodles in no time.
Our hostess served up a large bowl of steaming hot dumplings.
My sister may look delicate and lady-like, but give her a bowl of rice and she can really pack it away.
- break the bowl 把碗打破
- china bowl 瓷碗
- fish bowl 鱼缸
- punch bowl 用以混合甜饮料的大碗
- rice bowl 饭碗
- salad bowl 用以拌色拉的碗
- soup bowl 汤碗
- sugar bowl 〈美〉(餐桌上的)砂糖容器
- washing-up bowl 〈英〉(洗碗碟等的)洗涤槽
San Salvador..lies in a bowl, surrounded by mountains.出自：P. Theroux
Some of the boys had large iron hoops..; for miles and miles they bowled them.出自：Mollie Harris
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bolla，意为碗，容器。
- bowl:bowl n. 碗, 碗状物, 木球v. 滚, (板球)投球习惯用语flowing bowl [美俚]一大杯酒; 酒over the bowl 在酒宴上; 一边喝酒, 一边谈话…