place so as to be noticed;
"post a sign"
"post a warning at the dump"
mount or put up;
"put up a good fight"
construct, build, or erect;
"Raise a barn"
put up with something or somebody unpleasant;
"I cannot bear his constant criticism"
"The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
"he learned to tolerate the heat"
"She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
make available for sale at an auction;
"The dealer put up three of his most valuable paintings for auction"
preserve in a can or tin;
"tinned foods are not very tasty"
provide housing for;
"The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
"The city has to put up half the required amount"
propose as a candidate for some honor
- Tom put his lunch up in a bag.
- The farmers put up the apples in barrels.
- To join the club you have to be put up by an existing member.
- We can put you up for the night.
- They are putting up several new buildings in that block.
- He put up his hand to ask a question.
- My landlord's threatening to put the rent up by 10 a week.
- The names of the successful candidates will be put up on the College notice board.
- I'm afraid he can't put you up.
- Tom told Peter that he would pass the examination, and Peter told Tom to put up or shut up.
- put up with 忍受
- put up a fight 奋勇战斗
- put up at 投宿
- put one's back up 使生气; 变得倔强...
- put up the shutters 打烊(关店
- put someone's back up 使某人生气,触怒某人...
- put the wind up 使 ... 惊慌
- put up to 告知(指点
- put one's feet up 搁起腿休息
- put something up for auction 将(某物)交付拍卖...
- put up the panns 预告婚事
- put the fear of god up 使 ... 害怕(...
- put the wind up someone 使某人受惊
- put something up to auction 将(某物)交付拍卖...
- put up a badge 升一级
- put someone's pecker up 得罪某人
- put up a good show 事情做得漂亮(表现好...
- put up the banns 预告婚事以防异议...
- put the fear of death up 使 ... 害怕(...
- put up a poor show 表现得不好