extend out or project in space;
"His sharp nose jutted out"
"A single rock sticks out from the cliff"
be highly noticeable
put up with something or somebody unpleasant;
"I cannot bear his constant criticism"
"The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
"he learned to tolerate the heat"
"She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- His eyes almost popped out in surprise.
- In the concert, your performance stood out a mile.
- He was determined to face it out.
- The strikers are holding out for a 5% pay increase.
- Don't stick your head out of the train window.
- The doctor told the boy to put out his tongue.