- [C] 胃 bag-like organ of the body into which food passes when swallowed and in which the first part of digestion occurs
- [C] 腹部 the front part of the body below the chest
- [C] 食欲,胃口; 欲望 appetite for food; desire for sth
an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion
the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness;
"he had no stomach for a fight"
an appetite for food;
"exercise gave him a good stomach for dinner"
bear to eat;
"He cannot stomach raw fish"
put up with something or somebody unpleasant;
"I cannot bear his constant criticism"
"The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
"he learned to tolerate the heat"
"She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- He had had too much to eat and his stomach started to kick up.
- Anxiety may disorder the stomach.
- The stomach revolts at such food.
- The film about eye operations turned my stomach.
- A blow to the stomach made him curl up.
- I can't stomach your constant nagging.
- How can you stomach all the violences in the film ?
- He now could stomach liquids only.
- I often feel a pain in my stomach.
- Don't go out to work on an empty stomach.
- I hit him in the stomach.
- I've no stomach for garlic.
- He has no stomach for swimming.
- turn sb's stomach
使某人反胃〔恶心〕cause sb to be disgusted or revolted
- fill the stomach 吃得很饱
- go against the stomach 不合胃口
- have no stomach 不感兴趣
- turn sb's stomach 使某人倒胃口
- wash out the stomach 洗胃
- pain in the stomach 胃疼
- cancer of the stomach 胃癌
- lie flat on one's stomach 俯卧
- lie heavy on sb's〔the〕 stomach (食物)滞积在某人胃里
- a stomach for 对某事(物)的欲望
I fell headlong with that sickening feeling in the stomach.出自： J. T. Story
He just could not stomach the bureaucracy and the ideological starvation there.出自： B. Castle
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的estomac；最初源自古典拉丁语的stomachus，意为胃，咽喉。
- belly 腹部
- abdomen 腹部
- tummy <口>肚子
- tolerate 容许
- endure 容忍
- bear 熊
- stand 站立
- abdominal 腹部的
- front 正面
- take 拿
- intestinal 肠的
- gut 内脏
- gastric 胃的
- digestive 消化的
- gastrointestinal 胃肠的
- middle 中等的
- paunch 腹
- potbelly 大肚皮
- beer belly 啤酒肚
- beer gut 【口】啤酒肚...
- spare tyre 备用轮胎
- brook 小河
- support 支持
- put up 放
- suffer 遭受
- tum 肚子
- breadbasket <俚>胃
- abide 遵守
- digest 摘要
- stick out 突出
- venter 腹部