- vt. 主动提供; 主动提出; 出价 hold out to a person for acceptance or refusal; say what one is willing to pay, give, or exchange for sth
- vt. & vi. 表示愿意等 express willingness to do, give, etc. (sth)
- [C]提议,提供 a statement offering to do or give sth to sb
- [C]提供考虑的数量; 出价 amount offered
- the verbal act of offering;
"a generous offer of assistance"
- something offered (as a proposal or bid);
"noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- a usually brief attempt;
"he took a crack at it"
"I gave it a whirl"
- make available or accessible, provide or furnish;
"The conference center offers a health spa"
"The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- present for acceptance or rejection;
"She offered us all a cold drink"
- agree freely;
"She volunteered to drive the old lady home"
"I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- put forward for consideration;
"He offered his opinion"
- offer verbally;
"extend my greetings"
"He offered his sympathy"
- make available for sale;
"The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- propose a payment;
"The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- produce or introduce on the stage;
"The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- present as an act of worship;
"offer prayers to the gods"
- mount or put up;
"put up a good fight"
- make available; provide;
"extend a loan"
"The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- ask (someone) to marry you;
"he popped the question on Sunday night"
"she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"
"The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
- threaten to do something;
"I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"
- We offer a free backup service to customers.
- Can you offer any evidence in support of what you have said?
- We offered 100,000 for the warehouse, but another company outbid us.
- He offered to pay $1,000 for the second-hand car.
- This plan was dropped, because of its risk, and because a better offered.
- The young man decided to offer to the pretty girl.
- He will probably refuse the offer.
- The offer was too high and was somewhat ridiculous.
I will not offer at that which I cannot do.
I shall come again when occasion offers.
I will do it as soon as opportunity offers.
The river would offer power production estimated at 500,000 kilowatts if a dam was constructed.
Wait till a better chance offers itself.
They were friendly and even offered assistance.
Her friends all came to offer congratulations.
She offered no response.
This plateau offers a good view.
The teacher offered a few ideas to improve the plan.
The job offers prospects of promotion.
When serious drought hit Africa again, many international organizations offered to help.
The driver offered to drive us to the station.
He offered to go at once.
Many people offered to donate blood and skin for the badly burnt worker.
When they offered to depart she entreated their stay.
He offered to lend me the money.
“We could take it for you”, offered Eby.
She offered me a seat.
He offered me some tickets.
We offered them each three cups of barley wine.
He offered her a house.
They offered me a position.
I offered him my help.
I can give you no assistance, neither will I offer you any obstacle.
They offered me their hearty congratulations.
She offered him a bribe.
She offered me her help to carry this bookcase.
They have offered a reward to the scientist.
The universities are now offering a wider range of courses to students for them to choose.
He offered the painting to me at a reduced price.
The Egyptians offered resolute resistance to the aggressors.
The young soldier offered his life to the country.
Was the job offered to you?
He offered himself as a candidate.
Thank you for your kind offer of help.
I don't think she can accept an offer of marriage.
If he makes you a good offer, don't refuse it.
It is useless make a counter offer.
Her offer for the piece of furniture was 100 dollars.
I've had an offer of 1200 pounds for the car.
Freddie has made an offer to teach us English.
He makes an offer to catch the ball.
- offer for (v.+prep.)
为…提出 suggest that one give sth, sb, oneself for sth offer sth for sth
The man offered 500 yuan for this red horse.那人出价500元来买这匹红马。offer oneself for sth
Why are you offering yourself for additional work?你为什么要给自己找额外的活儿干呢?offer sb sth for sth
I offered him a bike for 300 yuan .我向他要价300元卖那辆自行车。
- 为…提出 suggest that one give sth, sb, oneself for sth offer sth for sth
- offer up (v.+adv.)
献上 offer sth/sb to a god offer sb/sth ⇔ up
We offer up our thanks to the lord for his mercy and loving kindness.我们向房东表示感谢,感谢他的同情与仁慈。
He offered up oneself for the cause.他为了该事业奉献了生命。
- 献上 offer sth/sb to a god offer sb/sth ⇔ up
- under offer
已有人出价要买 (of a building for sale) having a prospective buyer who has made an offer
The office block is under offer. 办公大楼已有人出价要买。
- 已有人出价要买 (of a building for sale) having a prospective buyer who has made an offer
- offer a bribe 进行贿赂
- offer a cigarette 递烟
- offer a new ballet 上演新芭蕾舞
- offer a seat 让座
- offer assistance 给予援助
- offer Chinese 修中文课
- offer courses 开课
- offer goods 出售货物
- offer help 给予帮助
- offer hope 给予希望
- offer ideas 提供意见
- offer itself 出现
- offer job 提供工作
- offer money 提供钱
- offer no resistance 不作抵抗
- offer no responses 不作任何反应
- offer one's blood 献血
- offer one's chair 递过椅子
- offer one's hand 伸手给人握,向女人求婚
- offer one's identity card 递上某人的身份证
- offer oneself 自告奋勇
- offer radio 提供收音机
- offer the house 卖房子
- offer toast 干杯
- offer disinterestedly 无私地提供
- offer generously 慷慨地提供
- offer genuinely 真正地提供
- offer gratuitously 免费提供
- offer kindly 友好地提供
- offer liberally 大方地提供
- offer specially 特殊提供
- offer voluntarily 自愿帮助
- offer up 奉献
- offer up a sacrifice 献祭
- offer up oneself 牺牲自己
- offer as 提供…作为
- offer oneself as an interpreter 提出愿当翻译
- offer sb as first prize 作为头等奖授予某人
- offer at 尝试做…
- offer for a good price 卖出好价钱
- offer oneself to the state 为国献身
- accept an offer 接受建议〔帮助〕
- agree to an offer 同意提议
- cancel an offer 取消建议〔提议〕
- consider an offer 考虑提议
- decline an offer 谢绝建议
- jump at an offer 欣然接受建议
- make an offer 提供,提议,想要
- obtain an offer 得到建议
- receive an offer 接受提议
- refuse an offer 拒绝建议
- reject an offer 拒绝建议
- request an offer 要求提供建议
- slight sb's offer 轻视某人的建议
- snap at an offer 接受提议
- take back one's offer 收回建议
- fair offer 合理的提议
- free offer 自由提议
- friendly offer 友好的提议
- special offer 特殊的提议
- unique offer 独特的提议
- unusual offer 不平常的提议
- firm offer (一定期限内有效的)固定报价
- reasonable offer 合理的报价
- suitable offer 合理的报价
- free-will offer 自由捐款
- on offer 供出售
I had an offer to write movies for Samuel Goldwyn.出自：L. Hellman
You'll be made an offer you can't refuse and may have to change your plans accordingly.出自：Woman
Offering up the daily sacrifice of the Mass to God.出自：B. Moore
Reverend Stenberg offered a prayer.出自：T. O
He made an offer to teach me French.
He offered to give her help.
He offered her help.
- Both advice and help were offered (to) the young man.句中的to在英国不可省略，但在美国可省略。
- offer作“动提供,主动提出; 出价”解时,用作及物动词时,接名词、代词或动词不定式作宾语,也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转化为介词to的宾语, offer有时还可接以as短语充当补足语的复合宾语,此时的宾语通常为反身代词。
- offer作“表示愿意”解时,既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。 用作及物动词时,通常只接动词不定式作宾语。
- offer也可表示“发生,出现,呈现”,用作不及物动词; 还可表示“为(某事物)提供机会”“给予”,用作及物动词。
I offered him the house for 20,000 pounds.我愿以两万英镑把这房子卖给他。I offered him 20,000 pounds for the house.我向他出价两万英镑把这房子买下。
- offer, give
- He gave me some tickets.
- He offered me some tickets, which I re- fused politely.
- offer, prefer, present, proffer, tender
这组词都可表示“提出”。它们之间的区别是：1.present特指通过礼仪形式或彬彬有礼的行为向对方提供考虑、选择或认可的服务、建议或物品。2.offer是最基本、最常用的词,表示主动奉献某物或提出别人可能接受或拒绝的建议、意见、职务等。例如:The teacher offered a few ideas to improve the plan.老师提出了几点改进计划的意见。She offered to help me to learn English.她提出要帮我学英语。3.proffer强调因慷慨所产生的自愿奉献行为,是较正式用语。例如:Many people proffered blood and skin for the badly burnt worker.很多人要求为那个严重烧伤的工人献血献皮。4.tender专指在公务上或法律上呈请正式批准,作一般用法时,强调温和有礼。例如:She tendered him her resignation.她向他提交了辞呈。5.prefer只用在19世纪的英语中或某些法律场合才表示“提出”。例如:The police preferred a charge against the motorist.警方控告那个汽车司机。Will the police prefer charges against the boys or just give them a warning?警方会控告那些男孩吗?还是只给他们一个警告?
误 She offered that she would lend me her bike.
正 She offered to lend me her bike.
误 We are grateful to you for your offer to give help to us.
正 We are grateful to you for your offer of help to us.
析 offer本身已含有“给予,付出”的意思,所以用to give是多余的。
错句：jack offered driving his friend to the airport.
纠正：jack offered to drive his friend to the airport.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的forian；最初源自拉丁语的foferre，意为展示，馈赠。
- offer:offer n. 出价, 提议, 意图vt. 提供, 出价, 贡献, 使出现, 企图, 演出vi. (机会、时机等)出现, 献祭, 提议 英英解释:名词offer:1. the verbal act…