- [U]雇用,就业 the state of being employed
- [U]职业,工作 paid work
- [U]使用,运用 the act of using
- [C]有益的活动 a useful activity
the state of being employed or having a job;
"they are looking for employment"
"he was in the employ of the city"
the occupation for which you are paid;
"he is looking for employment"
"a lot of people are out of work"
the act of giving someone a job
the act of using;
"he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"
"skilled in the utilization of computers"
- I got this job through an employment agency.
- He enrolled with an employment agency for a secretary.
- He left his home to look for employment.
- His employment is that of a bookbinder.
- Dictionary-making has not been his exclusive employment.
- She is looking for permanent employment.
- He is out of employment.
- Mr Martin is no longer in our employ.
- Employment is conditional on his ability.
- The employment of airplanes sped up delivery.
- Do you think the employment of force was justified?
- A large office requires the employment of many people.
- She enjoyed most her employment as babysitter.
- The employment of force by the police seemed to be necessary.
- Gardening is a pleasant employment for a Sunday afternoon.
That public Museum of Art..had given so much employment to officials.出自： J. Galsworthy