- n. 尖木桩；前哨；纠察队；工会纠察员
- v. 用桩围住；设置警戒哨；担任纠察员
- [C]罢工纠察员 person who is posted near a factory during a strike to prevent other workers from going in
- vt. 在…设置罢工纠察队 put pickets near a place
- vi. 当纠察员 act as a picket
a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
a detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
a protester posted by a labor organization outside a place of work
a vehicle performing sentinel duty
a wooden strip forming part of a fence
a form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake
serve as pickets or post pickets;
"picket a business to protest the layoffs"
fasten with a picket;
"picket the goat"
- None of the workers crossed the picket lines.
- They marched to the factory and formed a picket.
- Five pickets were injured in the scuffle.
- Now I know I must picket and scream and shout so that they should not change me.
- Some of the union member do not want to picket.
- We could hear the chanting of the pickets.
- He picketed outside the school building.
- They picketed the factory gate.
The fence pickets protrude..out of the sand.出自：Sun (Baltimore)
It was the smallest house..with iron picket fences.出自： attrib.
A Cavalry Regiment must..be able to picket its horses.出自：Horse Hound
- strike 罢工
- fence 栅栏
- enclose 圈起
- protest 抗议
- demonstrate 证明
- strike against 与 ... 抗争(斗争...
- blockade 【C】封锁
- sentinel 哨兵
- lookout 瞭望台
- watch 注视
- corral 畜栏
- restrain 抑制
- hedge in 紧紧围住
- stake 桩
- fence post 栅栏柱
- post 职位
- striker 罢工者
- protester 抗议者
- blockader 封锁者
- boycott 抵制（贸易）...
- revolt 叛乱
- wall 墙壁
- bar 酒吧
- lookout man 了望员
- spotter 观察员
- scout 童子军
- pale 苍白的
- piquet 皮克牌(牌戏的一种)...
- sentry 卫兵