- [C]职业,职位 the work that sb do for money
- [C](一件)工作 a piece of work
- [S]职责,责任 one's affair; duty
the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money;
"he's not in my line of business"
a specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee;
"estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars"
"the job of repairing the engine took several hours"
"the endless task of classifying the samples"
"the farmer's morning chores"
a workplace; as in the expression
"on the job"
an object worked on; a result produced by working;
"he held the job in his left hand and worked on it with his right"
the responsibility to do something;
"it is their job to print the truth"
the performance of a piece of work;
"she did an outstanding job as Ophelia"
"he gave it up as a bad job"
a damaging piece of work;
"dry rot did the job of destroying the barn"
"the barber did a real job on my hair"
a state of difficulty that needs to be resolved;
"she and her husband are having problems"
"it is always a job to contact him"
"urban problems such as traffic congestion and smog"
a Jewish hero in the Old Testament who maintained his faith in God in spite of afflictions that tested him
any long-suffering person who withstands affliction without despairing
(computer science) a program application that may consist of several steps but is a single logical unit
a book in the Old Testament containing Job's pleas to God about his afflictions and God's reply
a crime (especially a robbery);
"the gang pulled off a bank job in St. Louis"
profit privately from public office and official business
arranged for contracted work to be done by others
"As a student I jobbed during the semester breaks"
invest at a risk;
"I bought this house not because I want to live in it but to sell it later at a good price, so I am speculating"
- I do get a job in a travel agency.
- He lost his job during the great depression.
- His present job seemed to be a blind alley.
- Why are you out of job for such a long time?
- Bob and I were rivals for the job.
- It promised to be a difficult job.
- I've got various jobs around the house to do.
- Raising money is your job.
- It's the job of the church to help people lead better lives.
- The theft must have been an inside job.
- The gang pulled off a bank job in St. Louis.
- It's real wood,not one of those plastic jobs.
- He has a job in the bank.
- The job asks hard work.
- Her job is to teach children how to swim.
- The job requires much hard labour.
- Don't be late for your interview, or you won't get the job.
- In front of the labour exchange there are many people desiring to get a job.
- Have you really explored the possibilities of getting a job in your nearest town?
- I tried to get any kind of job but it seemed that the whole city closed the door on me.
- He found a job through an employment agency .
- They moved to New York to seek jobs.
- I encountered many difficulties when I first started this job.
- I'd like to give you more time to finish the job, but I'm tied by the contract.
- We all have certain jobs to carry out.
- The country has an abundance of skilled workers, but not enough jobs.
- There were just not enough jobs.
- Thousands of workers lost their jobs when the factory closed.
- Should she give up her job when she has a baby?
- The government is trying to create new jobs.
- They've done a fine job of work sewing these curtains.
- He leaves all the worst jobs for me.
- Learning a foreign language is a big job.
- Waxing the car was quite a job.
- It was a job to get him agree.
- I don't know how to do this job.
- At Gao Ming Company, quality is job!
- He is in prison for a job in Liverpool.
- The shipyard is working on three different jobs.
- It is a policeman's job to maintain law and order.
- I'm not going to wash the dishes; that's your job.
- It is not this newspaper's job to be guardian of the nation's morals.
- It's not my job to lock up!
- It's the job of the church to help people lead better lives.
- It's not my job to interfere.
- He got a part-time job as a gardener.
- change jobs
调动工作 transfer sb to another post
- do〔make〕 a good〔excellent〕 job
一件好事,干得更好 a good thing, do a thing much better
- do the job
〈口〉起作用,奏效 succeed in doing what is required or desired
- job as
从事…工作 be engaged in sth
- abandon a job 放弃工作
- accept the job 接受工作
- apply for a job 申请工作
- assign sb a job 给某人分配工作
- attack job 投入到工作中去
- axe a job 撤销,取消工作
- boss the job 指挥工作
- buckle down to the job 认真地开始工作
- bungle a job 贻误工作,拙劣地干工作
- change job 调换工作
- check up one's job 丢弃…工作
- command a job 胜任工作
- complete a job 完成一项工作
- create new job 创造新的就业机会
- do a job 干某一工作,从事某一职业
- do a good job 干得好
- do a hatchet job 进行恶毒诽谤
- do odd job 干杂活
- do the job 打零工,干杂活
- equip for job 为工作作准备
- find a job 找到工作
- finish a job 结束一项工作
- get a job 找到工作
- get down to the job 着手工作
- give sb a job 给某人工作
- give up a job 放弃工作
- have a job 做…工作,有一份…工作
- have a job as a machinist 做机械工的工作
- hold a job 担任某职
- hold down a job 保持住某一工作
- hunt for a job 寻找职业
- land a job 谋到职业
- lie down on the job 磨洋工
- loaf on the job 磨洋工
- look for a job 找工作
- look out for a job 出去找工作
- lose a job 失去工作
- make a good job 把这件事做好
- nose a job 捞油水
- perform odd jobs 干零活
- pick up a job here and there 四处找活干
- pull a job 抢劫
- quit the job 辞职
- refuse a job 拒绝工作
- register for job 登记找工作
- rush one's job 赶任务
- save job 保全工作
- seek a job 找工作
- shift job 换工作
- start a job 开始工作
- tackle job 着手工作
- take a job 接受某项工作
- take on a job 承担一项任务
- take up a job 从事一项工作
- throw up one's job 放弃职务
- undertake a job 从事一项工作
- want a job 想要一项任务
- backbreaking job 劳累的工作
- bad job 白费力的事
- blind-alley job 没有前途的工作
- current job 眼前的工作
- daily job 日常工作
- dead-end job 没有前途的工作
- decent job 像样的工作
- definitive job 稳定的工作
- delicate job 棘手的工作
- demanding job 要求高的工作
- difficult job 艰难的工作
- easy job 容易的工作
- entire job 全部工作
- enviable job 令人羡慕的工作
- executive job 行政工作
- expert job 需要专门知识的工作
- extra job 额外工作
- fat job 肥缺,优厚待遇的工作
- full-time job 专职工作
- good job 幸运的事,好工作,干得好
- hard job 棘手的工作,难办的事
- highly-paid job 报酬高的工作
- hopeless job 无希望的事
- identical job 同样的工作
- indecent job 不体面的工作
- key job 要职
- life-toning job 有生活节奏的工作
- menial job 低贱的工作
- needless job 不必要的工作
- odd job 零活,杂务
- permanent job 永久性工作,终身职务
- political job 政治工作
- practical job 实际工作
- queer job 蹊跷的工作
- remarkable job 出色的工作
- reporting job 新闻报道工作
- safe job 安稳的工作
- significant job 有意义的工作
- soft job 轻松的工作
- steady job 稳定的职业
- straight job 没有拖车的载重汽车
- suitable job 合适的工作
- superb job 出色的工作
- tedious job 枯燥的工作
- temporary job 临时工作
- thankless job 出力不讨好的工作
- tough job 棘手的工作
- troublesome job 麻烦的工作
- uninteresting job 单调乏味的工作
- unpleasant job 烦人的工作
- urgent job 紧急工作
- well-paid job 待遇优厚的工作
- advertising job 广告工作
- desk job 案头工作,文案工作
- government job 政府部门的职务
- hatchet job 恶毒的诽谤
- man-size job 适合于男人的工作
- nose job 鼻子的整形手术
- office job 办公室工作
- piece work job 计件工作
- repair job 修理工作
- routine job 例行工作
- side job 兼职
- summer job 夏季工作
- teaching job 教学工作
- union job 工会工作
- white-collar job 非体力劳动的工作
- job analysis 工作分析
- job application 工作申请表
- job assignment 工作分配
- job bank 就业服务计算机资料库
- job center 职业介绍所
- job class 工作分类
- job classification 职位分等
- job description 职务说明
- job evaluation 工作评估
- job hunter 求职者,找工作的人
- job hunting 求职
- job orientation 定职
- job placement centers 〈美〉职业介绍所
- job satisfaction 工作的满足感
- job sheet 作业卡
- job fit for one's major 适合某人所学专业的工作
- at a job 做某工作
- by the job 包工,计件
- man for the job 合适人选
- on the job 正在工作的…,(专心)忙碌着
- back on the job 复职,重新工作
- out of a job 失业
I did this grudgingly, as I did most jobs around the house.出自： M. Atwood
Let the horse go, but don't job his mouth in that way.出自： S. Baring
His game plan is to..buy in,..then..job the shares on at a profit.出自：Observer
- 在广告用语中, job可指“以…为宗旨”。
- job作“做某事很吃力,干某事很困难”解时,其后可接to- v 或 v -ing作主语; job还可以as短语表示具体的“职业”“工作”。
- job, career, work
- 1.career指的是终身事业; 而job和work却指的是人们为谋生而做的工作。
- 2.job主要指有报酬的工作; 而work可指任何需要做出努力来完成的事。
- job, chore, task, work
- task是可数名词,一般指分配的工作,也可指自愿承担的工作,尤指较困难、紧张的工作; work是不可数名词,指工作、劳动、职业、操作、运转等,这个词是一般用语,可用于各种场合; job是可数名词,指一件必须做的工作,或有报酬的工作,也可指职业,多用于口语中; chore指日常琐事,尤指家庭或农场干的杂务,家务事常用复数形式。例如:
- He goes to work at eight.他八点钟去上班。
- It takes a lot of work to build a house.盖一幢房子要费很大的工夫。
- They are paid by job.他们是按件计酬。
- I got a job with a firm.我在一家公司找到了工作。
- Each morning she would get up, do the chores, then go next door for a talk with her neighbour.每天早晨她都起来做些家务事,然后去隔壁和邻居聊天。
- job, place, position, work
- 1.place主要指“公职”; position主要指白领阶层有身份的工作。例如:
- It's not your place to tell me what to do.你无权吩咐我做什么。
- He applied for the position of assistant manager.他申请经理助理一职。
- 2.work和job都指一般的工作。job可数,而work不可数; job是有薪酬的,而work有无报酬均可; job常指临时性的工作,而work则相对固定些; job不一定需要技术或经过训练,而work则包括体力、脑力、技术性、非技术性等所有工作,尤指需作出努力来完成的工作; job与“失业”相对, work与“休息”相对。例如:
- I have a lot of work to do this evening.今晚我有很多的工作要做。
- What time do you go to work every day?你每天几点上班?
- look for a job, look for jobs
- 主语为单数时用look for a job; 主语为复数时用look for jobs。例如:
- The person might be out looking for a job.那个人可能出去找工作了。
- The number of people looking for jobs was over 5000.寻找工作的人数已超过5000人。
- It is a job waxing the car.
- It is a job of waxing the car.
误 Many women are out of job.
正 Many women are out of a job.
正 Many women are out of jobs.约翰现在失业了。
误 Now,John is out of jobs.
正 Now,John is out of a job.
正 Now,John is out of job.
正 Now,John is without a job.
析 job作“工作”“职业”解时是可数名词。“多人失业”应该说out of a job或out of jobs。“一个人失业”应该说out of a job, out of job或without a job。我找了一份给人家端菜的活。
误 I got a job to serve the dinner.
正 I got a job of serving the dinner.请她来吃饭可不是一件容易的事。
误 You'll have a job in inviting her to dinner.
正 You'll have a job to invite her to dinner.
正 You'll have a job inviting her to dinner.
析 job指一份工作时,其后不可接动词不定式作其定语; 指“难做的事”时,可接to- v ,也可接 v -ing作其定语, v -ing前不可加介词in。