- [C]办公室,办公楼 rooms or building used as a place of business, especially for clerical or administrative work
- [C](政府部门的)部、局、厅 (buildings of) a government departments,including the staff, their work and duties
- [U]有特定用途的房间或建筑物 room or building used for a particular purpose
- [U][C]公职,官职,公务 work and duties connected with a public position of trust and authority, especially as part of the government
- [U](基督教徒的)仪式,祷告 authorized form of Christian worship
- place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed;
"he rented an office in the new building"
- an administrative unit of government;
"the Central Intelligence Agency"
"the Census Bureau"
"Office of Management and Budget"
"Tennessee Valley Authority"
- the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group;
"the function of a teacher"
"the government must do its part"
"play its role"
- (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power;
"being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"
"during his first year in office"
"during his first year in power"
"the power of the president"
- professional or clerical workers in an office;
"the whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
- a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities;
"the offices of the mass"
- a job in an organization;
"he occupied a post in the treasury"
- He keeps his office neat and tidy.
- The corridor opens into his office.
- He held this office for ten years.
- Now he holds the office of Foreign Minister.
- He must have gotten tied up at the office.
- Our office is in the centre of the town.
Our office is open from Monday to Friday.
She was robbed of her purse on her way home from the office.
I'd like to work in a government office.
It is my office to open the door.
The old Prime Minister was a wise, honest man who was more fit for his office than anyone else.
This is a lawyer's office.
He works in an employment office.
Let us meet at the box office.
She came to the station and went to the booking office.
The young girl in the inquiry office was very forthcoming.
She will go to our London office.
The post office is not far from here.
He has applied for a position in the editorial office.
The routine office work had all been delegated to his executive staff.
The two office buildings are alike in appearance.
- in〔out of〕 office
执政〔在野〕 holding〔not holding〕 an official position
They seem to make better proposals when they are out of office than when they are in power. 他们似乎在野时比执政时能提出更好的建议。
His political party has been out of office for many years. 他的政党已在野多年。
- 执政〔在野〕 holding〔not holding〕 an official position
- lay down one's office
辞职 resign a position of authority
The old man has laid down his office to make way for a younger man. 这位老人为给年轻人让路,辞去了他的职务。
- 辞职 resign a position of authority
- through sb's good offices
承某人的好意协助 with sb's kind help
Through the good offices of a friend,I was able to get a ticket. 由于朋友的大力帮忙,我才能搞到一张票。
I was invited to the club through the good offices of my father-in-law. 在岳父的介绍下,我加入了俱乐部。
- 承某人的好意协助 with sb's kind help
- accept an office 接受公职
- come into office 上任,就职
- die in office 殉职
- do the office of 担任…职务
- enter upon office 就职
- exercise office 行使职责
- hold office 任职,在职
- hold office for a year 任职一年
- hold public office 任公职
- leave office 离职
- resign (from) an office 辞职
- run for office 〈美〉竞选职务
- seek office 谋求职务
- stand for office 〈英〉竞选职务
- take office 上任,就职
- attend the office 到办公室上班
- establish an office 设立办事处
- go to the office 去办公
- have an office in London 在伦敦有办事处
- set up an office 设立办事处
- take over the office 接管事务所
- do the office of host 尽主人之责
- perform the last offices 举行葬礼
- appointive office 委任的职务
- elective office 由选举产生的职务
- high office 高职位
- main office 总办事处
- public office 公职
- the Foreign O- 外交部
- box office 剧场售票处
- branch office 分行,分支机构
- business office 营业所
- dentist's office 〈美〉牙科诊所
- doctor's office 〈美〉医生诊所
- head office 总公司
- home office 总部,总公司,总店,总局
- inquiry office 问事处
- law office 法律事务所
- lawyer's office 律师事务所
- newspaper office 报社
- post office 邮政局
- telegraph office 电报局
- the Home O- 内政部
- after office 在业余时间
- at an office 在办公室
- during office 在办公时间
- the party in office 执政党
- in an office 在办公室
- in high office 身居高位
- the party out ofoffice 在野党
He would himself perform the executioner's office.出自：C. V. Wedgwood
误 He is at office.
正 He is at the office.
误 Mrs. Smith plans to retire from the office as soon as all her children are self-supporting.
正 Mrs. Smith plans to retire from office as soon as all her children are self-supporting.
析 office作“办公地点,办公室”解时,经常要与the或物主代词连用; 表示“公职”时,前面一般不加物主代词或冠词。
误 It's still unknown which party will be in the office after the next general election.
正 It's still unknown which party will be in office after the next general election.
析 表示“执政”,应该说be in office, office前没有定冠词。
- ☆ 13世纪中期进英入语，直接源自古法语的ofice，意为职位；最初源自拉丁语的officium，意为公务。
[短语词组]office site 办公现场；现场办公贡献者: 海词网友 2012-05-02 有用报错