- n. 容量；容积；能力；职位；资格
- [U]容量,容积 the amount that sth can hold or contain
- [C][U]才能,能力 ability or power
- [C]身份,地位; 资格 a particular position or duty; role
capability to perform or produce;
"among his gifts is his capacity for true altruism"
"limited runway capacity"
"a great capacity for growth"
the susceptibility of something to a particular treatment;
"the capability of a metal to be fused"
the amount that can be contained;
"the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
the maximum production possible;
"the plant is working at 80 per cent capacity"
a specified function;
"he was employed in the capacity of director"
"he should be retained in his present capacity at a higher salary"
(computer science) the amount of information (in bytes) that can be stored on a disk drive;
"the capacity of a hard disk drive is usually expressed in megabytes"
an electrical phenomenon whereby an electric charge is stored
the power to learn or retain knowledge; in law, the ability to understand the facts and significance of your behavior
tolerance for alcohol;
"he had drunk beyond his capacity"
- That bowl has a capacity of two pints.
- What is the capacity of this jug?
- He has a great capacity for learning languages.
- China's grain production capacity has improved.
- He participated in an unofficial capacity.
- She alone was in a capacity to begin the negotiation.
- This is a building of very large capacity.
- Their reasoning capacity must be developed.
- She worked here in the capacity of nurse.
- breathing〔generating, laying〕 capacity 肺活〔发电,产蛋〕量
- carrying〔competitive〕 capacity 运载〔竞争〕能力
- linguistic〔writing, productive〕 capacity 语言〔写作,生产〕能力
- professional capacity 专业能力
- administrative〔initiative〕 capacity 行政管理〔创业〕能力
- intellectual capacity 智力,脑力
- advisory〔official〕 capacity 顾问〔官方〕身份
- individual capacity 个人资格
- business〔payment, transportation〕 capacity 业务〔支付,运输〕能力
- classroom〔heat〕 capacity 教室〔热〕容量
- harbor〔lung, storage〕 capacity 港口吞吐〔肺活,储存〕量
- capacity tonnage 装载吨数
- at full capacity 全力以赴
- beyond the capacity of 为…能力所不及
- in the capacity of 作为,以…的资格
- to capacity 达到最大容量
- within one's capacity 在…能力之内
Had our great palace the capacity To camp this host, we would all sup together.出自：Anthony Cleopatra , Shakespeare
His capacity for brandy was phenomenal.出自： A. MacLean
The cranial capacity eventually grew to about 1600 cubic centimetres.出自： F. Hoyle
His capacity to make friends. His capacity for making friends.
- ability, capability，capacity, talent
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自中古法语的capacit；最初源自拉丁语的capacitatem，意为宽度，容量。