- [U] 服务,接待 attention to customers in a shop or especially to guests in hotel, restaurant, etc.
- [C] 公共服务,公共设施 (the operation of) a business or organization doing useful work or supplying a need
- [C] 公用机构,政府部门 department of people employed by the government or a public organization
- [P] 为别人所采取的行动或工作,帮助 a work or duty done for sb; an act or job done for sb
- [U] 服役,任职 (duty in) any of the armed; performing duties
- [C] 礼拜; (宗教)仪式 a fixed form of public worship; a religious ceremony
- [C] 维修,保养 an examination of a machine to keep it in good condition
- [C] 发球 an act or manner of serving especially in tennis
- vt. 检修 examine (a machine) and make any necessary repairs
- vt. 向…提供服务 supply a service or services to (sth)
- vt. 支付…的利息 pay the interest on (a debt)
- work done by one person or group that benefits another;
"budget separately for goods and services"
- an act of help or assistance;
"he did them a service"
- the act of public worship following prescribed rules;
"the Sunday service"
- a company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
- employment in or work for another;
"he retired after 30 years of service"
- a force that is a branch of the armed forces
- Canadian writer (born in England) who wrote about life in the Yukon Territory (1874-1958)
- a means of serving;
"of no avail"
"there's no help for it"
- tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table
- the act of mating by male animals;
"the bull was worth good money in servicing fees"
- (law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him
- (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play;
"his powerful serves won the game"
- the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone;
"he accepted service of the subpoena"
- periodic maintenance on a car or machine;
"it was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
- the performance of duties by a waiter or servant;
"that restaurant has excellent service"
- be used by; as of a utility;
"The sewage plant served the neighboring communities"
"The garage served to shelter his horses"
- make fit for use;
"service my truck"
"the washing machine needs to be serviced"
- mate with;
"male animals serve the females for breeding purposes"
- The volunteers for community service are doing a good job.
- We all complain about the poor service in the hotel coffee lounge.
- You must run fast enough to return his service.
- I'd like to know something about badminton game,first,can you tell me about the service?
- His poor health disbarred him from further service in the army.
- His military service was deferred.
- His father had been in the diplomatic service.
- I have a service passport to America.
- Mass is a kind of Church service.
- He suggested that my car should be serviced.
- We have the machines serviced regularly.
- And once in orbit,there's no inexpensive and simple way to service them.
- The power station is serviced by road transport.
- I had to service a lot of debts last year.
The service in that restaurant was very poor.
Were the tourists satisfied with the service at your hotel?
This computer supplier provides very good after-sales service.
The central services of that broadcasting company to some extent feed off the regional stations.
The island is connected by a steamer service to the mainland.
Now regular passenger bus services operate between the two cities.
The collapse of the strike enabled the company to resume normal bus services.
The bus and lorry services connect all these farms with the outside.
As from Sunday,May 1st, all fares on the corporation's transport services will be increased by ten pence in the pound.
The university performs more than 50 distinct services to the State.
There is no health service in the region, but most people carry insurance.
In doing this we are doing a great public service to the nation.
The city council counts its library as an important part of public service.
The city will integrate all public services.
I don't think he will cease his efforts to enter the diplomatic service.
He was highly placed in the English Government service.
A man's life is limited, but service to the people knows no bounds.
To save customers' time, they began a delivery service.
You have rendered a great service to the country.
We must acknowledge his services to our company.
His services secured him a reward at length.
We must not fail to acknowledge his services to the town.
You need not do military service if it offends against your religion.
After many years of faithful service, the politician deserved to rise to the leadership of his party.
The Queen rewarded the Minister for years of faithful service by elevating him to the House of Lords.
A number of airmen were decorated for their distinguished services.
The church was crowded, so electrical machinery was used to relay the service out to the people.
There will be a service at the grave and the placing of a wreath.
Our church has three services each Sunday.
I'm taking my car in for its 5000-mile service.
Please send the engine in for service every 6000 kms.
He has a good fast service.
Her service has improved.
The spectators cheered the tennis champion's return of service.
Here is your bill, we've added on the five per cent service charge.
Let us service your automobile.
You should learn how to service your car.
The company hasn't enough cash to service its debts.
The power station is serviced by road transport.
I'm having my car serviced.
You'd better have your car serviced.
The man has his bike serviced regularly.
- at sb's service
随时帮助某人 ready to help sb
If you need advice,I am at your service. 假如你需要建议,我随时可以帮你忙。
If you need any help,I and my car are at your service. 您如果需要有什么帮助,我和我的汽车听您使用。
You will have an English-speaking guide at your service at all time. 你将有一个讲英语的向导随时为你服务。
My telephone is at your service until yours is repaired. 你的电话未修好之前,你可以使用我的。
- 随时帮助某人 ready to help sb
- be of service to
对…有用; 对…有帮助 be useful or helpful
I should be happy to be of service to you. 能为您效劳甚感荣幸。
Can I be of service to you in organizing the trip? 你组织这次旅行需要我的帮助吗?
- 对…有用; 对…有帮助 be useful or helpful
- press into service
因急需而使用 make use of because of urgent need press sth into service
Mixing bowls and saucepans were pressed into service to store water during the drought.在旱灾时,碗和平底锅都被暂时用来储水。
Even my twenty-year-old car was pressed into service to take voters to the polling-station.甚至我那辆已用了20年的老车也用来载送选民前往投票站。
- 因急需而使用 make use of because of urgent need press sth into service
- see service
服役 serve in the armed forcesHe saw service in both World Wars.他参加过两次世界大战。
He saw service as an infantry officer in the last war. 他在上次战争中当过步兵军官。
- 很有用,很可靠 be very useful, dependable, etc.These shoes have seen good service but they cannot be repaired yet again and the time has come to throw them away.这些鞋子已穿了好长时间了,但不能再修理了,该把它们扔了。
- 服役 serve in the armed forcesHe saw service in both World Wars.他参加过两次世界大战。
- continue service 继续服务
- cut back services 减缩公用机构
- do a service 帮忙
- escape the military service 逃避兵役
- give service 提供服务
- introduce service 增加服务项目
- offer one's services 主动提供帮助
- pay lip serviceto 对…口头上说得很好听
- perform a service 给予服务
- provide service 提供服务
- start air services 开办航空业务
- take service with a firm 在某公司任职
- wind up one's service 退役
- give sb a service 帮某人的忙
- attend service 参加礼拜
- hold a service 做礼拜,举行宗教仪式
- break sb's service 使某人发球失分
- lose one's service 失去发球权
- take the service 发球
- active service 现役
- advisory services 咨询服务
- after-sales service 售后服务
- all-night service 通宵服务
- bad service 服务不好
- civil service 文职人员
- conventional service 常规服务
- door-to-door service 门对门服务(指运输企业为客户提供的上门服务)
- excellent service 极好的服务
- express service 快递服务
- fast service 快速服务
- fine service 优质服务
- free service 免费服务
- free medical service 公费医疗
- full-time service 专职
- good service 服务周到
- great service 很大的帮助
- immense service 很大贡献
- inactive service 非现役
- loyal service 忠实的支援,非常好〔非常有用〕的帮助
- military service 兵役
- national service 国民兵役制
- postal services 邮政部门
- professional services 专业服务
- rear service 后勤
- secret service 特工部门
- slow service 缓慢的服务
- social services 社会公益服务,福利事业
- the public services 公用事业
- daily service 每日航班
- regular service 定期航班
- accounting service 记账服务
- air mail service 航空邮政业务
- ambulance service 救护设施
- answering service 代客接听电话服务
- bus service 公共汽车公司
- cargo service 货运业务
- custom service 海关服务
- customer service 顾客服务处
- dating service 便利幽会的服务
- delivery service 送货服务
- employment service 职业介绍所
- ferry service 渡轮设施
- government service 公职
- ground service 地勤
- morning call service (旅馆中的)叫醒服务
- nurse service 护理服务
- passenger service 客运服务
- repair service 维修服务部
- room service (旅馆的)客房用餐服务部
- telegraph service 电报业务
- telephone service 电话业务
- utility services 公用服务事业
- weather service 气象服务
- China Travel service 中国旅行社
- fire service 消防部门
- intelligence service 情报部门
- news service 通讯社
- the consular service 领事馆
- wire service 通讯社
- burial service 葬礼
- church service 礼拜
- communion service 圣葬仪式
- evening service 晚礼拜
- marriage service 婚礼
- morning service 早礼拜
- sunrise service 晨拜
- service department 维修部
- service engineer 技师
- service entrance 服务人员入口
- service family 军人家庭
- service fee 服务费
- service game 有发球权的一局
- service house 军人用房
- service industry 服务行业
- service rifle 军用步枪
- service sectors 服务部门
- at sb's service 听候某人使用
- in service 在使用中,在当佣人
- in government service 任公职
- in the service of man 为人类服务
- plenty of service 许多用途
- on service 在服兵役
- on active service 服现役
- soldier on service 现役士兵
- out of service 不在使用中
- service between… 之间的航班
- service of public utility 公用设施
- service to 对…服务,飞往…的航班
- service to London 飞往伦敦的航班
- service to science 对科学的贡献
- service to the cause of education 对教育事业的贡献
- service to the State 对国家的贡献
- service automobile 修汽车
- service bike 修理自行车
- service computer 修理计算机
- service machine 修理机器
- service radio 修理收音机
- service television 修理电视
- service debts 支付债务
- service loans 支付利息
- service accurately 准确地检修
- service blindly 盲目地检修
- service completely 完全检修
- service delightfully 愉快地检修
- service extensively 大规模地检修
- service generally 一般地检修
- service grudgingly 勉强地检修
- service half-heartedly 马虎地检修
- service hastily 仓促地检修
- service immediately 立即检修
- service incessantly 不停地检修
- service intelligently 聪明地检修
- service jerkily 笨拙地检修
- service partially 部分检修
- service passively 消极地检修
- service patiently 耐心地检修
- service probably 适当地检修
- service quickly 迅速检修
- service rapidly 快速检修
- service recklessly 轻率地检修
- service reluctantly 不情愿地检修
- service safely 很有把握地检修
- service scientifically 科学地检修
- service secretly 秘密地检修
- service shortly 立即检修
- service simultaneously 同时检修
- service slowly 慢慢地检修
- service successfully 成功地检修
- service temporarily 暂时检修
- service utterly 完全检修
- service voluntarily 自愿检修
- service wholly 完全检修
Solemne duties of publique seruice.出自：R. Hooker
The waitress has offered her services to us.
Her services are entirely satisfactory.
He took her into his service.
He offered his services to her.
- civil service,diplomatic service,customs service这些表达方式中，有时前面加the，有时不加，意思也有所不同；
当service解释为“……部门的工作”时，总要有governmental service和military service，前面不带the。
He entered the civil service at twenty-five.
- 信末署名的yours是your service的意思,只取your四个字母和service的第一个字母,计五个字母。
- We're devoted to service of the people.
- We're devoted to the service of the people.
- He is in the service.
- He is in service.
- be at sb's service
- be in sb's service
误 The services in this restaurant are excellent.
正 The service in this restaurant is excellent.
错句：the accident happened when an amtrack long-distance train hit the back of a commuter service during a snow storm.
纠正：the accident happened when an amtrack long-distance train hit the back of a commuter train.
- ☆ 1100左年右进入英语，直接源自古法语的servise，意为公共崇拜的庆祝；最初源自古典拉丁语的servitium，意为奴隶制，苦役。
- service:service n. 服务, 服务性工作, 服役, 仪式vt. 保养, 维修adj. (军队)服现役的, 服务性的, 仆人的, 耐用的习惯用语active service 实际战斗, 实战; 现役af…