- [U][C]日常工作; 职业 one's usual occupation; profession
- [U]商业,生意,贸易 buying and selling; commerce; trade
- [C]店铺,商行 commercial house; firm; shop
- [S]公务,事务 task; duty
- [U]演员舞台的动作、表情等 action on stage
- [U]怪事,勾当 difficult matter; affair
a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it;
"he bought his brother's business"
"a small mom-and-pop business"
"a racially integrated business concern"
the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects;
"computers are now widely used in business"
the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money;
"he's not in my line of business"
a rightful concern or responsibility;
"it's none of your business"
"mind your own business"
an immediate objective;
"gossip was the main business of the evening"
the volume of commercial activity;
"business is good today"
"show me where the business was today"
business concerns collectively;
"Government and business could not agree"
"they have an upper class clientele"
incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect;
"his business with the cane was hilarious"
- He had no head for business.
- He was inexperienced in business.
- It's none of my business.
- I don't understand this business.
- They've done some business together.
- Business is always brisk before Christmas.
- His business there was routine cleaning and inspection.
- His business was wrecked.
- Business is at a standstill.
- The business is under the control.
- Taylor's business just managed to break even last month.
- I wish to advise you that business has been done at 100 yuan per ton.
- The insurance business is built on trust.
- Business is business.
- Mind your own business!
- My business is with you.
- Has your business been attended to by her in your absence?
- We'll have to find some place else to do business.
- The company has done business with many countries.
- He has a good business as a greengrocer.
- The chairman made a preliminary statement before beginning the main business of the meeting.
- Underinvoicing is not the proper way of doing business.
- He has built up a good business.
- He takes the business in hand.
- They commenced a business.
- We shut up business at six.
- We directed our own business.
- We transacted business with the firm.
- When he had established a flourishing business, he was bought out by a larger concern.
- I stood for five minutes thinking the business over.
- Tell me your business shortly.
- I have my business to attend to.
- He attended to his business.
- He's in the wool business.
- Efficiency is the dominant idea in many businesses.
- He made a fortune in the coal and iron business.
- It takes hard work to get ahead in business.
- In business, a prompt reply is imperative.
- He established himself in business.
- He is absent on business.
- I shall go to Shanghai on commercial business.
- On what business did she come here this morning?
- He is smart about business.
- I am deeply sorry about the whole business.
- They're keeping very close about the whole business.
- The old woman is curious about other people's business.
- Some kinds of business are competitive.
- The collapse of the business was a mortal blow to him and his family.
- What brought about the failure of the business?
- He wants to be promoted to the upper ranks of the business.
- We shall have to appoint another day for the rest of our business.
- The telephone office is open for public business.
- The new stock exchange was open for business yesterday.
- She had no head for business, and it was not long before she went under.
- He is a business man all the time.
- Below is an example of a typical business letter.
- He advised her about her business affairs.
- The business secret appears to have leaked.
- During the business depression, half the machines in the factory were idle.
- He associated himself with his friend in a business undertaking.
- It is the business of the police to keep order.
- It was a legal business.
- It's a lucrative business.
- It's a profitable little business.
- do the business
命中 hit the target or mart
- get〔come〕 to business
着手开始工作; 言归正传 start the work that must be done
- give〔get〕 the business
苛责 a harsh scolding
- go out of business
停业,歇业 stop doing business
- have no business
无权〔不该〕(干某事) have no right (to do sth)
have no business to-v/v-ing
You have no business to do that.
The weather has no business to be so hot in spring.
You have no business saying things about me.
He had no business getting mixed up in such a matter.
- know one's business
精通业务 expert in one's affairs or work, etc.
- land-office business
〈非正〉生意兴隆 a great rush of business
- make a business of
以…为业 work as
- make a great business of it
非常辛苦地做它 try one's best to do it or to be very hard to do sth
- mean business
认真的,严肃的 be serious
- mind one's own business
少管闲事 not interfere in other's matters
- monkey business
〈口〉不正当行为; 胡闹 any activity that is furtive or deceitful
- send about sb's business
把(某人)赶走 send sb away and tell him not to interfere
send sb about sb's business
I sent my servant about her business.
- absorb business 吸收企业
- accommodate business 供应业务
- blast business 摧毁企业
- conduct business 经营业务
- confess to business 交代业务
- corrupt business 收买企业
- debate business 讨论业务
- depress business 压低交易,抑制业务
- direct business 经营业务
- dominate business 控制企业
- establish business 建立业务
- evolve business 发展业务
- get (down) business 干正经事，谈正经事
- give up business 放弃业务
- increase business 增加业务
- quit business 放弃商业
- slow down business 减缓业务进程
- speed up business 加快业务进程
- stabilize business 稳定业务
- suspend business 中止业务
- swallow up business 吞并企业
- symbolize business 代表企业
- talk business 谈正经的,说正经话
- tie up business 冻结业务
- undertake business 承担业务
- abstract business 理论上的业务
- amazing business 令人惊讶的业务
- blessed business 上帝保佑的店铺
- bloody business 血腥的交易
- brisk business 兴旺的业务
- civil business 国内业务
- commercial business 商务事业
- competitive business 竞争业务
- creative business 创造性的业务
- cruel business 残忍的交易,令人痛苦的交易
- curious business 稀奇古怪的商店
- damnable business 糟透的企业
- dangerous business 危险的企业
- dark business 隐秘的行业
- definite business 明确的交易
- delightful business 令人快乐的业务
- dependable business 独立的业务
- detailed business 详细的业务
- dirty business 肮脏的业务
- discouraging business 令人沮丧的业务
- dismal business 凄凉的业务
- distressing business 令人苦恼的业务
- domestic business 国内业务
- dreadful business 可怕的业务
- droll business 滑稽可笑的业务
- educational business 教育业
- exclusive business 独家经营
- executive business 行政业务
- experimental business 试验企业
- extended business 扩大的业务
- extensive business 扩大的业务
- fateful business 至关重要的交易
- fearful business 可怕的业务
- foul business 罪恶的交易
- gigantic business 巨大的业务
- heartbreaking business 令人伤心的交易
- honest business 诚实的交易
- illegal business 违法的交易
- illustrious business 辉煌的业务
- immense business 巨大的交易
- increasing business 增长的业务
- intelligent business 智力业
- interesting business 有趣的业务
- international business 国际商业
- irrational business 不合理的交易
- miserable business 糟糕的企业
- modern business 现代企业
- momentous business 重大企业
- money-lending business 贷款业务
- nasty business 问题多的企业
- nervy business 有胆量的交易
- petty business 小店
- phenomenal business 非凡的业务,表面现象的业务
- poor business 糟糕的业务
- private business 私事
- public business 公事
- pure business 纯业务
- queer business 古怪的业务
- ready-made business 现成的业务
- reckless business 粗心大意的交易
- reliable business 可靠的交易
- reputable business 声誉好的企业
- risky business 风险交易
- roaring business 生意兴隆
- ruined business 毁了的企业
- sad business 糟透的业务
- secure business 安全业
- serious business 严肃的交易
- shameful business 可耻的交易
- shipping business 海运业
- silly business 愚蠢的交易
- single business 单项业务
- solemn business 庄严的交易
- sorry business 后悔〔拙劣〕的交易
- stable business 稳定的行业
- stern business 苛刻的交易
- stiff business 不灵活的企业
- stirring business 激动人心的交易
- stupid business 无聊的行业
- successful business 成功的交易
- suspended business 迟迟未决的业务
- swift business 迅速的交易
- temporal business 临时业务
- tidy business 趋势业务
- timely business 适时的业务
- tiresome business 讨厌的业务
- tremendous business 巨大的业务
- trivial business 平凡的业务
- troublesome business 讨厌〔麻烦〕的业务
- ugly business 丑陋的业务
- unavoidable business 不可回避的业务
- uncrowded business 非密集的企业
- ungentle business 不文雅的业务
- unpleasant business 不愉快的交易
- unsound business 无声行业
- urgent business 紧急事务
- weighty business 繁重的业务
- well-managed business 经营好的企业
- agency business 代理业务
- charter business 租船业务
- commission business 委托贸易
- construction business 建筑业
- foreign business 外汇业务
- insurance business 保险业务
- realty business 房地产业务
- satellite business 卫星业务
- securities business 证券业
- service business 服务业
- transportation business 运输业
- trust business 信托企业
- venture business 冒险投资业
- whole-sale business 批发业务
- business address 业务、办公室、店铺等的地址
- business boom 商业繁荣
- business card 名片
- business college 商业学院
- business depression 业务不景气
- business education 商业教育
- business English 商业英语
- business hours 营业时间
- business machine 商业机器
- business man 商人,实业家
- business news 商业新闻
- business suits 商业服装
- on business 因公，公差，办事
What is your business here so late to Night?出自： Bunyan
The Prime Minister..believed that the primary business of government was to administer the existing order.出自： W. S. Churchill
in business指“在经商营业”，属于形容词短语或状语短语范畴；on business指“因事或因公，出差”，属于状语短语。
She engaged in business.
She wants to see you on business.
go to business意思是“到办事处去，上班”，go into business意思是“从事商业”。
She go to business by bike.
He went into business at the age of 18.
- 表示“不要管别人的闲事”可说“Mind your own business”。
- business, affair, concern, matter, thing
- It is a regretful affair〔business, concern, matter, thing〕.这是一件遗憾的事。
- I don't talk to her about private affairs〔business, concerns, matters, things〕.我从不和她谈私事。
- 1.从模糊程度上看, affair＜matter＜thing, thing的词义最不确切,常可用在有意使概念含混不清的场合。例如：
- How did you find things in America?你觉得美国怎样?
- 2.从含义上看, affair强调运行或操作过程,如一道程序,一笔交易,一个行动,一项事业等。business强调职责关系,例如：
- It is her business to take good care of the baby.看护好这个婴儿是她的职责。
- It is no concern of mine.此事与我无关。
- We have a lot of matters to do.我们有许多事情要做。
- I've another thing to talk with you.我还有一件事跟你说。
- 3.从用法上看, business不能用复数,而affair在指重大的或头绪较多的事务时则需要用复数。
- 4.从搭配范围上看,与foreign、international、state等词连用时只能用affair,在短语have an affair with sb (与某人有不正当男女关系)中也只能用affair。在指商业上的生意和活动或指“公事”“正事”时只能用business,例如：
- It's a pleasure to do business with you.很高兴和你做生意。
- Business before pleasure.公事比娱乐要紧。
- What's the matter with you?你怎么啦?
- And these Tubes were convenient things〔affairs〕.而这地下铁道是非常方便的东西。
- business, industry
- Chinese industry is rapidly expanding.中国的工业正在迅速发展。
- She wants to go into business when she leaves college.她大学毕业后想经商。
- business, occupation, profession, trade, vocation
- 这组词都有“职业,工作”的意思。它们之间的区别是：business使用广泛,在日常生活中,可泛指“事情”,尤指自己负责管理的事情; 在社会经济生活中,多指生意,尤指以赢利为目的的买卖或商业中的工作。occupation可以泛指各种专业。profession指必须受过相当高的教育或专门训练才能从事的知识性职业,如律师、医生、建筑师等。vocation指专心从事的业务,除谋生的行业外,还包括专门爱好。trade则是指涉及体力或手工劳动、手工操作机械或工具的职业。例如:
- That's no business of yours.那事与你无关。
- Mind your own business.管你自己的事,少管闲事。
- A lot of the U.S. small grocers have gone out of business since the advent of the supermarkets.超级市场一出现,大批美国食品杂货店就歇业了。
- She got a sideline occupation.她从事第二职业。
- She left her teaching profession and became a secretary.她放弃教书的职业改行当了秘书。
- Mr. Brown is a lawyer by profession.布朗先生的职业是律师。
- He chose painting as his vocation.他以绘画为专业。
- He is in the silk trade.他做丝绸生意。
- business, busyness
- 这两个词仅一个字母之差,读音和意思却迥然不同。business读作 ［'bIznəs］ ,意为“生意”“商业”“任务”; 而busyness读作 ［'bIzInəs］ ,意为“忙碌”“繁忙”。
- talk business, talk shop
- 这两个短语意思不同:talk business是“讲正经事”的意思; 而talk shop作“讲行话”解。试比较:
- They have a habit of talking shop.
- We are willing to listen if you are going to talk business.
- go into business
- get down business
- in business
- on business
误 He has gone to London on a business.
正 He has gone to London on business.
析 可说on business(因事),也可说on a little business(因一件小事),但不可说on a business。她的丈夫是个实业家。
误 Her husband is a businessman.
正 Her husband is a man of business.
析 a businessman的意思是“商人”, man of business的意思是“实业家”。你想干什么,是经商还是当律师?
误 Which do you want to do, go to business or become a lawyer?
正 Which do you want to do, go into business or become a lawyer?
析 go to business是“去上班”的意思, go into business才是“经商”的意思。非公莫入。
误 No admittance except in business.
正 No admittance except on business.
析 in business的意思是“经商”, on business才是“因公,因事”的意思。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bisignes，意为关心，关切，生计。