- v. 投资；投入
- 投入，花费 （时间、精力等）
- vt. & vi. 投资; 花费 use (money) to make more money out of sth that will increase in value
- vt. 授予 endow
make an investment;
"Put money into bonds"
give qualities or abilities to
furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors
provide with power and authority;
"They vested the council with special rights"
place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position;
"there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
- I won't invest my money in his company.
- I'd like to invest some money in real estate.
- They intended to invest hugely in new technology.
- Everyone should invest some time in community service.
- The best time to invest is now.
- As I see it, you can either invest the money or spend it!
- He will invest the land.
- Invest your money in the bank.
- invest in (v.+prep.)
在…上投资,在…投入(时间,精力等) use money to buy shares, property, etc. in order to earn interest or profit; put (time, energy) on sth
invest in sth
I have decided to invest in a new car.
He has invested heavily in oil company.
He naturally jumped at the chance to invest in such a promising business.
The company lacks sufficient money to invest in new products.
Many people think it safest to invest in property.
许多人认为最保险的投资是买房地产。invest sth in sth/v-ing
He invested his money in shares.
I invested all my efforts in passing an exam.
He invested a lot of time and effort in trying to improve his listening comprehension.
They invested time and energy in the election campaign.
Capital can be safely invested in that company.
- invest with (v.+prep.)
把…授予; 赋予某种性质 confer an office or power on sb; cause sb/sth to have a quality
invest sb/sth with sth
The king invested him with a decoration.
During the service, a ceremony was held to invest the new priest with the garments of his office.
The Queen invested the brave soldier with the Military Cross.
He invested his lawyer with complete power to act for him.
The Welfare State has invested the artist with no official social duty.
The singer invested her song with a sadness.
Prince Charles was invested with Prince of Wales in 1969.
The governor has been invested with full authority to act.
History books often seem to be invested with an air of unreality.
The innocent being is by law invested with the right to enjoy security.出自： J. Gilbert
- invest, inaugurate, induct, initiate, install
- 这组词的意思相近。其区别在于:initiate指在秘密典礼或仪式上接纳新成员; inaugurate指正式、庄重、规模较大的就职仪式; induct指通过仪式使某人就职或入会、上任等; install指把某人安插到某个位上,或任命某人担任某个职务; invest原指穿上象征权力的官服或戴上官衔、军衔,引申指通过仪式、典礼授予官职、权力、荣誉等。
- endow 捐助
- empower 授权
- provide 供给
- place 地方
- stake 桩
- venture 冒险(事业)
- capitalize 以大写字母写...
- participate 参加
- put in 插入
- devote 致力于
- advance 前进
- finance 金融
- supply 供应
- authorize 批准
- arm 臂
- license 许可证
- enable 使能够
- seat 座位
- vest 背心
- commission 佣金
- siege 包围
- adorn 装饰
- clothe 穿上
- induct 使就职
- put 放
- enthrone 立 ... 为王
- commit 犯罪
- indue 授予
- gift 礼物
- endue 授与
- divest 剥除