- v.示意；运动；向 ... 打手势
- vt. 示意 direct sb by a motion or gesture
- [U](物体的)运动 the act, manner, or state of moving
- [C]手势,动作 gesture
- [C]提议,动议 a suggestion formally put before a meeting
- the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals
- a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- a change of position that does not entail a change of location;
"the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"
"movement is a sign of life"
"an impatient move of his hand"
- a state of change;
"they were in a state of steady motion"
- a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote;
"he made a motion to adjourn"
"she called for the question"
- the act of changing location from one place to another;
"police controlled the motion of the crowd"
"the movement of people from the farms to the cities"
"his move put him directly in my path"
- an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object;
"the cinema relies on apparent motion"
"the succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement"
- show, express or direct through movement;
"He gestured his desire to leave"
- The object is no longer in motion.
- He made a motion with his hand to make me sit down.
- His motion was rejected.
- The meeting carried the motion by a large majority.
- He opened the door and motioned me to come in.
- He motioned to the waiter.
- He motioned to the notes stacked on the table.
- He motioned to the waiter.
He opened the door and motioned me to come in.
The teacher motioned the boy to study.
He motioned me to be silent.
He motioned me to enter.
She was motioned to open the door.
He was motioned to sit down.
The object is no longer in cyclical motion.
He has set the engine in motion.
He always accompanied his speech with motions.
He made a motion at me.
I support the motion.
The conference adopted a motion.
- motion away (v.+adv.)
示意…离开 ask sb to go away by gesture motion sb away
He motioned me away.他打手势示意我离开。
When the doorman motioned them away, they took no notice.当门卫示意让他们离开时,他们没注意。
- 示意…离开 ask sb to go away by gesture motion sb away
- motion into (v.+prep.)
示意某人进入 direct sb by gesture to go into motion sb into sth
He motioned me into the room.他示意我进屋。
She motioned the man into the car.她示意那个男人上车。
- 示意某人进入 direct sb by gesture to go into motion sb into sth
- motion to (v.+prep.)
向…示意 take sb's attentions motion to sb
He motioned to the waiter.他向侍者示意。motion to sb to-v
He motioned to me to be silent.他打手势叫我别出声。
The guide motioned to me to come nearer.向导打手势让我走近一些。
示意(某人)… ask sb to do sth by a gesture motion sb to sth
He motioned me to a seat.他示意我坐下。
- 向…示意 take sb's attentions motion to sb
- accept a motion 接受提议
- adopt a motion 采用提议
- negative a motion 否决动议
- propose a motion 提出提案
- withdraw a motion 撤回动议
- absolute motion 绝对运动
- accelerated motion 加速运动
- mechanical motion 机械运动
- relative motion 相对运动
- retarded motion 减速运动
- variable motion 变速运动
They..tabled a motion that..each zone might act as it thought best.出自：B. Montgomery
A motion that we dispense with the reading of the minutes.出自：J. D. MacDonald
- motion作名词的意思是“动作”“姿势”,转化为动词意思是“以…姿势向人示意”。用作不及物动词时,与副词away, in或介词to, into等连用。用作及物动词时,常接以动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语,可用于被动结构。
- motion, move, movement
这三个词的共同意思是“运动”。其区别是：1.movement一般指具体动作; motion则主要指抽象的、与静对立的“动”,不管是自己在动还是受外力而动。motion还可指位置的移动,也可指条件的改变或一系列运动的各个过程。多用于哲学或自然科学文献中。例如:We study the laws of motion.我们研究运动的规律。If a thing is in motion, it is not at rest.如果一个物体在运动,它就不是处于静止状态。2.movement强调运动保持一定的方向,并且是有规律的,而motion则没有此含义。3.move多指一次具体的动作或改变本身所在位置的移动,也用来指下棋中的一步或交涉、斗争中的一着。move多具有明确的目的性。例如:The detectives are watching his every move.警探在注视着他的一举一动。Their next move on their tour will be from Dover to London.他们旅行的下一步将是从多佛去伦敦。When the hostess made a move from the table, all the guests arose and followed her to the drawing room.当女主人离开餐桌时,所有的客人都起立跟着她来到客厅。The next move is yours.下一步棋该你走了。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自古法语的motion；最初源自古典拉丁语的motionem。
- motion:motion n. 运动, 动作v. 运动习惯用语go through the motions of [口]装出...的样子, 走过场, 虚应故事in motion 在开动中, 在运转中; 处于兴奋[…