- =Southeast Asia 东南亚
- [U] 海,海洋 the salt water that covers most of the earth's surface and encloses its continents and island
a division of an ocean or a large body of salt water partially enclosed by land
anything apparently limitless in quantity or volume
turbulent water with swells of considerable size;
- The moonlight shone on the calm sea.
- The sea covers nearly three-fourths of the world's surface.
- The sea seemed to melt into the sky at the horizon.
- The sea bounds the peninsula on the sides.
- The sea and the sky seemed to blend into each other.
- The sea cast up shells on the beach.
- The sea calmed down as soon as the wind fell.
- The sea gradually calmed down as we steamed out.
- The wind blew hard and the sea was billowing.
- The roaring sea gradually calmed down.
- The rise and fall of the sea is governed by the movements of the moon.
- The Yellow Sea is gaining on the land along the coast.
- The Baltic Sea is going down.
- Forts were framed for defence against land or sea forces, but useless against an air attack.
- Very big waves dashed over the sea wall at the height of the storm.
- The two nations have been contending about the rights to deep sea fishing in their waters.
- The seas were running eight feet and building.
- The boat sailed into quieter seas.
- a sea of
无限的,很多的 much, lots of
- command the sea 掌握制海权
- cross the sea 横渡大海
- enter the sea 入海
- explore the sea 探索海洋
- face the sea 面对大海
- flow into the sea 流入大海
- follow the sea 当海员
- go down the sea 到海边去
- go to sea 当水手
- guard the sea 守卫海洋
- love the sea 爱大海
- put out to sea 出海
- put to sea 出航
- ride the sea 航行于海上
- sail the sea 航海
- sweep the sea (船)在海上到处航行
- take up the sea as career 当海员
- travel by sea 海上旅行
- angry sea 愤怒的海
- blue sea 蔚蓝的海
- calm sea 风平浪静的海
- close sea 领海
- continental sea 内海
- deep sea 深海
- heavy sea 波涛汹涌的大海
- high seas 公海
- inland sea 内海,咸水湖
- long sea 长波阔浪的海面
- open sea 公海,大海
- raging sea 波涛汹涌的海洋
- rough sea 波涛汹涌的海洋
- short sea 急浪翻腾的海面
- smooth sea 平静的海面
- vast sea 广阔无垠的大海
- wide sea 宽阔的大海
- the Caribbean S- 加勒比海
- the Dead sea 死海
- the Four Seas 英国周围的四海
- the Mediterranean S- 地中海
- the North sea 北海
- the South sea 南海
- the Yellow sea 黄海
- above the sea 海拔以上
- at sea 在海上
- storm at sea 海上风暴
- by the sea 在海边
- town by the sea 海滨城镇
- in the sea 在海里
- current in the sea 海中的潮流
- arm of the sea 海湾
- surface of the sea 海面
- on sea 在海上
- adventure on sea 海上的冒险
- victory on sea 海上的胜利
- over the sea 在海外
The fleet could have been..ready for sea.出自： Clarendon
Fought battles by sea as well as by land.出自： Ld Macaulay
A neat bungalow a stone's throw from the sea.出自：Observer
The first scent of the sea,..heavy with a fish-like smell.出自： C. Francis
- at sea, by sea, by the sea, in the sea, on the sea
- 1.at sea的意思是“航行中”“作海员”“茫然”。例如:
- By the second day, the ship was well out at sea.第二天该船顺利出航。
- He has two sons in the army, and a third at sea.他有两个儿子在陆军,第三个儿子当水手。
- The man has a son at sea.这人有个当水手的儿子。
- I felt completely at sea when I first arrived in this country.当我初到这个国家时,感觉全然迷惑了。
- We were all at sea until instructions arrived.接到指示前,我们都茫然不知所措。
- 2.in the sea的意思是“在海里”。例如:
- Children were bathing in the sea.孩子们在海里游泳。
- I bathed in the sea nearby twice a week.我曾在附近的海里一周游两次泳。
- He used to bathe in the sea after supper.晚饭后,他经常去海中泡水取凉。
- 3.by sea的意思是“由海路”“乘船”。例如:
- The storm has interrupted all travel by sea.暴风雨使所有海上旅行中断了。
- Going by sea seems a good bet.乘船去似乎是恰当的选择。
- Are you going out by sea?你是乘船出国吗?
- I will go to Chicago by sea.我将乘船去芝加哥。
- 4.by the sea的意思是“在海边”。例如:
- They pitched camp by the sea.他们在海边扎营。
- The couple spent all day by the sea, and motored to the hotel in the evening.这对夫妇白天在海边呆了一天,晚上乘车回旅馆。
- The children enjoyed playing by the sea, kicking up the sand into each other's faces.孩子们喜欢在海边玩耍,把沙子踢到伙伴的脸上。
- 5.on the sea的意思是“在海上”,常与ship, boat, sail等连用。例如:
- Boats sail on the sea.船航行于海上。
- go to sea
- go to the sea
- all at sea
- at full sea
- sea, ocean
误 The knowledge sea is deep and broad.
正 The sea of knowledge is broad and deep.
析 sea不受其他名词修饰,但sea of可修饰其他名词,如 a sea of faces (无数面孔), a sea of troubles (无穷的麻烦), a sea of red flags (红旗似海)等,都是形容数量之多。他到海边度假去了。
误 He went to sea for his vacation.
正 He went to the sea for his vacation.
析 go to the sea(= go to the seaside)表示“到海边去”, go to sea(= become a sailor)表示“出海,当水手”。我们经常在海里游泳。
误 We often swim on the sea.
误 We often swim at sea.
正 We often swim in the sea.
析 “在海里游泳”是swim in the sea, at sea指在海上航行, on the sea指“在海上,在海边”。大约四分之三的地球被海水覆盖。
误 About three quarters of the Earth is covered by seas.
正 About three quarters of the Earth is covered by sea.
析 sea表示“海水”时为不可数名词; 但当 sea 作“海浪”或“汹涌的波涛”解时多作复数。我不懂这问题,我茫然不知所措。
误 I can't understand this problem; I'm all at the sea.
正 I can't understand this problem; I'm all at sea.
析 sea 往往和all 或completely连用,构成 be all〔completely〕 at sea的结构,表示“茫然”“摸不着头脑”, sea前面不加冠词。