- vt. & vi. 逃脱,逃跑 get free; get away; find a way out
- vi. 漏出,泄漏 find a way out, leak, seep out
- [U][C]逃走,逃脱; 逃避 (an act of) escaping
- [S]消遣,解闷 sth that frees one from unpleasant or dull reality
- the act of escaping physically;
"he made his escape from the mental hospital"
"the canary escaped from its cage"
"his flight was an indication of his guilt"
- an inclination to retreat from unpleasant realities through diversion or fantasy;
"romantic novels were her escape from the stress of daily life"
"his alcohol problem was a form of escapism"
- nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do;
"his evasion of his clear duty was reprehensible"
"that escape from the consequences is possible but unattractive"
- an avoidance of danger or difficulty;
"that was a narrow escape"
- a means or way of escaping;
"hard work was his escape from worry"
"they installed a second hatch as an escape"
"their escape route"
- a plant originally cultivated but now growing wild
- the discharge of a fluid from some container;
"they tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe"
"he had to clean up the leak"
- a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler); it opens automatically when the pressure reaches a dangerous level
- run away from confinement;
"The convicted murderer escaped from a high security prison"
- fail to experience;
"Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"
- escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action;
"She gets away with murder!"
"I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"
- be incomprehensible to; escape understanding by;
"What you are seeing in him eludes me"
- remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion;
"We escaped to our summer house for a few days"
"The president of the company never manages to get away during the summer"
- flee; take to one's heels; cut and run;
"If you see this man, run!"
"The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- issue or leak, as from a small opening;
"Gas escaped into the bedroom"
- The prisoner has escaped.
- To my surprise, he could escape from that big fire.
- I had left England to escape from my own future.
- They came to America to escape political tyranny.
- His name escapes me right now.
- It had not escaped my attention that Joseph was absent.
- About five tonnes of crude oil had escaped into the sea.
- We are hoping to escape to the Algarve in May.
- The thief jumped into a car and made his escape.
- Our escape was little short of miraculous.
- Dancing and reading are wonderful escape.
- They tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe.
- To exit a screen or dialog box, press the escape button.
None of them could escape.
The thief escaped by climbing over a fence.
They bound his legs so that he couldn't escape.
The police clapped the handcuffs on the man before he could escape.
They ran away from the guards and three of them escaped.
She had managed to escape by running into the street in her nightdress.
The little ship tried to escape when the big pirate ship bore down on it.
The crew escaped, but the ship was broken into pieces.
Let the bath water escape.
Make a hole and let the water escape.
The gas is escaping somewhere.
We all escaped unscathed.
She escaped unhurt.
The fox escaped the hunter.
The skiers barely escaped the avalanche.
He thinks he will never escape hard work.
No man can escape his destiny.
Nothing can escape his observation.
The thief tried to escape justice by running away.
You were lucky to escape punishment.
She described how she had narrowly escaped death.
No detail escaped his notice.
Nothing escaped his attention.
Well, his name has quite escaped my memory.
Her tears fell down, but not a sob escaped her.
The mistake escaped me.
The misprint escaped the proofreader.
It would have escaped me if you hadn't mentioned it.
How did you let such a significant fact escape you?
I'm afraid your name escaped me.
The exact date has escaped me.
A deep sigh escaped him.
There is no way to escape doing the work.
We luckily escaped having any cold this winter.
He was lucky to escape being killed.
He escaped being killed in the blast because he had not gone to work.
He was lucky that he escaped being hurt.
The boy narrowly escaped being run over by the car.
The bird was lucky to escape being caught.
He narrowly escaped being drowned.
He escaped being laughed at.
The escaped prisoner was cornered at last.
He had a miraculous escape when a bullet from the enemy's guns grazed his head.
That was a narrow escape all right, when our car turned over!
The explosion was caused by an escape of gas.
It's dangerous to look for an escape of gas with a naked light.
The backdoor is your only means of escape.
When the fire started, many of the guests fled through fire-escape.
When he lost all his money there was no escape left and he finally went to work.
The police have just found the escape vehicle.
He showed us our escape route on the map.
There have been several escapes from this prison recently.
There have been few successful escapes from this prison.
He listens to music as an escape from the pressures of work.
I found no method of escape from pain and suffering.
- escape from( v.+prep. )
逃避,逃出 get free from; get out of escape from sb/sth/v-ing
We escaped from the enemy.我们逃脱了敌人的追踪。
Young people often desire to escape from their parents.年轻人常常希望摆脱父母的管束。
He escaped from prison last week, and has been on the run ever since.他上星期越狱逃跑,后来一直东逃西窜。
He did not escape from the enemy's clutches.He was arrested again.他没有逃出敌人的魔掌,他再次被捕了。
We had to break the door out to escape from the fire.我们不得不把门砸开以逃避火灾。
The canary has escaped from the cage.那只金丝雀已从笼子里跑掉。
The lion escaped from the zoo.狮子从动物园逃跑了。
The fox escaped from the trap at the cost of a leg.狐狸逃出了陷阱,可是失去了一条腿。
There is no escaping from history.任何事物都逃脱不了历史的裁决。
Before we can travel in space men must escape from gravity.人类必须脱离引力,才能到宇宙空间去旅行。
He tried to escape from reality by staying at home.他通过呆在家里试图逃避现实。
One of the most powerful motives that attract people to science and art is the longing to escape from everyday dull life.吸引人们从事科学艺术活动的最有活力的动机之一是因为渴望避开每天的平庸生活。
He escaped from serving his time.他逃避服刑。
In the accident he escaped from being injured.在这次事故中,他幸免受伤。
(从…)漏出 come out of escape from sb/sth
Explosive gas is escaping from the pipes.爆炸性气体从管子中漏了出来。
Air escapes from the tyre.这个轮胎漏气。
Steam escapes from the kettle.水蒸气从壶中溢出。
Water escaped rapidly from the drainpipe.水从排水管中迅速流出。
Gasoline escaped from the overturned truck.汽油从翻了的卡车中流了出来。
A moan escaped from the patient.病人不由得呻吟了一声。
An exclamation of joy escaped from her lips.她情不自禁地发出了一声高兴的叫喊。
A faint cry of surprise escaped from her lips.她轻轻地发出一声惊奇的叫喊。
被忘记 be forgotten escape from one's mind〔memory〕
The matter escaped from my mind.这件事情我都忘了。
All remembrance of him has escaped from my mind.我简直无法回忆起他。
The words escaped from his memory.他记不住这些词了。
- 逃避,逃出 get free from; get out of escape from sb/sth/v-ing
- escape out of( v.+adv.+prep. )
逃出 get out of escape out of sth
They escaped out of the burning house immediately.他们立即逃离了燃烧着的房子。
He had escaped out of the Russian Army to the U. S.他从俄军中逃到了美国。
- 逃出 get out of escape out of sth
- escape to( v.+prep. )
逃往 get free and go to sb or a place escape to sb/sth
I hear that our married neighbour has escaped to her lover.听说我们那位已婚的邻居逃到她情夫那儿去了。
The criminals escaped to the countryside.罪犯逃到乡下。
- 逃往 get free and go to sb or a place escape to sb/sth
- make good one's escape
设法逃走 manage to escape completely and satisfactorily
When the guard's back was turned, she made good her escape. 看守人一转身,她就设法逃走了。
- 设法逃走 manage to escape completely and satisfactorily
- escape curse 免遭咒骂
- escape danger 避免危险
- escape death 免于死亡
- escape defeat 避免失败
- escape difficulty 逃避困难
- escape fate 逃避厄运
- escape infection 免受传染
- escape notice 避开注意
- escape person 避开某人
- escape punishment 逃避惩罚
- escape reality 逃避现实
- escape responsibility 逃避责任
- escape search 逃避搜查
- escape summer heat 避暑
- escape suspicion 避免嫌疑
- escape task 逃避任务
- escape winter 避寒
- escape from 从…中逃出来,逃离
- escape from prison 越狱
- escape out of a burning house 从燃烧着的房子里逃出来
- escape through 从…里跑掉
- escape to 跑到,逃往…
- escape to a foreign land 逃到外国
- escape with one's life 逃命
- escape without harm 安然逃脱
- cut off the escape 截断退路
- fail escape 逃跑失败
- have a narrow escape 九死一生
- make one's escape 逃跑
- organize an escape 组织逃脱
- plan escape 计划逃跑
- clean escape 利索的逃脱
- good escape 顺利逃脱
- hazardous escape 冒险的逃跑
- lucky escape 侥幸逃脱
- narrow escape 九死一生
- near escape 九死一生
- successful escape 成功的逃走
- literature of escape 逃避文学
What, has he made an escape! which way?出自：Jonson
The King escaped from his captivity at Hampton Court.出自：C. Hill
Three hundred others escaped by means of ropes let down from these bastions.出自：N. Monsarrat
- escape用作不及物动词时,后接from(英)〔out of(美)〕,意思是“从…逃出”。
- 当escape的宾语是me, you等代词时,意思是“不被某人注意”; 宾语是one's lips时,意思是“忽然说出”。
- escape, escape from
两者都有“逃”的意思。其区别在于:escape一般用于指“避免”或“逃避”某种危险或厄运,它可以是有意识或无意识的行为; 而escape from一般是指从具体的、实实在在的拘禁、限制范围或危险的环境中“逃出”或“逃脱”。试比较下列两组句子:
- He tried to escape prison.
- He tried to escape from prison.
- He escaped the burning building.
- He escaped from the burning building.
- escape, avoid
这两个词都有“逃脱”的意思。其区别是：1.avoid强调有意思地躲开不愉快的或可能发生的危险。2.escape通常指避开实际的威胁,暗示威胁正在迫近。例如：She avoided answering my question.她故意回避回答我的问题。There is no way to escape doing the work.没有办法不干这种活。
- escape, flee, fly, run away
这组词(组)都有“跑开”“逃跑”“逃亡”的意思。其区别在于:escape多表示逃跑后的结果(如未被捕获,并不指逃跑的动作); flee表示逃跑的行为本身,常含有“惧怕”的意味。例如:Many people fled the burning hotel.许多人逃离了着火的旅馆。There was evidence that the burglars had been frightened and had fled.有证据说窃贼是受惊之后仓皇逃走的。fly强调“逃跑”的仓促性,通常带有紧急意味。例如:Why did the sportsman fly his country?为什么那个运动员叛逃到国外去呢?run away多用于口语,指不让人知道,有时含有“不辞而别”的意味。例如:He ran away twice from his boarding school.他两次从寄宿学校出走。
误 He tried to escape away last night.
正 He tried to escape last night.
误 Her address is escaped by me.
正 Her address escaped me.
析 escape作“被…忘记,没有被…注意到”解时,用sth escape sb 结构表示,而不是用sb escape sth 结构。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法国北方语的escaper，意为脱掉斗篷，只给追踪者留下披肩；最初源自古典拉丁语的excappa：ex （脱离） + cappa (斗篷），意为脱斗篷，喻意为限摆脱制。
- escape:escape n. 逃, 逃亡, 溢出设备, 出口, 逃跑, [植]野生 vi. 逃脱, 避开, 溜走 vt. 逃避, 避免, 被忘掉 游戏简介：颠倒黑白 中文名称：颠倒黑白 英文名称：Moby.…