- transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means;
"Food is airlifted into Bosnia"
- The airlift provided a lifeline for Berlin.
- Our airlift was proceeding in stunning fashion .
- Without such airlift, the new force may be as powerless as the one it replaces.
- The army has been able to airlift many survivors to safety by helicopter.
- Civilians trapped in the beleaguered city have been airlifted to safety.
- airlift:airlift n. (尤指紧急情况下或陆上交通断绝时的)空运, 空运物资vt. 空运 英英解释:名词airlift:1. transportation of people or goods by a…
airing airlessness airing cupboard airletter airland AIRLEX airlane Airlia airless Airlie airlift Airlie coordination Centerl Military Airlift Support squadron airlike Airlift Advanced Command Post airline Airlift and Training Division airliner Airlift Augmentation Team airlines airlift bioreactor airlight