- transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means;
"Food is airlifted into Bosnia"
- The airlift provided a lifeline for Berlin.
- Our airlift was proceeding in stunning fashion .
- Without such airlift, the new force may be as powerless as the one it replaces.
- The army has been able to airlift many survivors to safety by helicopter.
- Civilians trapped in the beleaguered city have been airlifted to safety.
- airlift:airlift n. (尤指紧急情况下或陆上交通断绝时的)空运, 空运物资vt. 空运 英英解释:名词airlift:1. transportation of people or goods by a…