- (American football) a play in which a player attempts to carry the ball through or past the opposing team;
"the defensive line braced to stop the run"
"the coach put great emphasis on running"
- the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace;
"he broke into a run"
"his daily run keeps him fit"
- the state of being in operation;
"the engine is running smoothly"
- the act of administering or being in charge of something;
"he has responsibility for the running of two companies at the same time"
- the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
- (of fluids) moving or issuing in a stream;
"as mountain stream with freely running water"
"hovels without running water"
- continually repeated over a period of time;
"a running joke among us"
- of advancing the ball by running;
"the team's running plays worked better than its pass plays"
- executed or initiated by running;
"running plays worked better than pass plays"
"took a running jump"
"a running start"
- measured lengthwise;
"cost of lumber per running foot"
- (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing;
"in running (or working) order"
"a functional set of brakes"
- He has won this tournament for four years running.
- His overcoat hampered his running.
- Running is more boring than basketball.
- The headmaster plays an important role in the running of a school.
- He deputed the running of the department to an assistant.
- We should all have a say in the running of our government.
- running commentary连续系统的评论(当场...
- make the running开头
- a running fire连发
- running order运转状态(工作情况)...
- running mate(AmE
- running gear行动[运行]装置,行...
- running head栏外标题
- running board踏脚板,踏板...
- The sands are running out.期限将到。
- out of the running不参加比赛(没有赢的...
- in the running参赛
- base running跑垒
- a running commentary连续系统的注解...
- running costs流水成本
- running battle连续的战斗
- running hand草书
I disapprove..of you being allowed out two Sundays running.出自：N. Streatfeild
- on在 ... 之上
- in a row成一排
- on the trot接连地
- in succession连续地
- running game快攻打法
- running:running n. 奔跑, 赛跑, 转动, 运转adj. 奔跑的, 赛跑的, 流动的, 不断的, 连续的, 连接的习惯用语in of the running 有获胜的希望out of the run…