- v. 压碎；击败；使...失望；折皱；压榨
- n. 压碎；压榨；极度拥挤；<口>迷恋
- vt. & vi. 压碎,压坏 press so that there is breaking or injury
- vt. 弄皱 cause to become full of creases or irregular folds
- vi. 挤进,挤入 move into or through
- vt. 镇压,消灭,击溃 subdue, defeat completely
leather that has had its grain pattern accentuated
a dense crowd of people
temporary love of an adolescent
the act of crushing
come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority;
"The government oppresses political activists"
to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition;
"crush an aluminum can"
"squeeze a lemon"
come out better in a competition, race, or conflict;
"Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"
"We beat the competition"
"Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
break into small pieces;
"The car crushed the toy"
humiliate or depress completely;
"She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"
"The death of her son smashed her"
crush or bruise;
"jam a toe"
"Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure;
"The plastic bottle crushed against the wall"
- A windmill is used to crush grain into flour.
- It took him only 50 minutes to crush his opponent.
- This victory inspired vigor in the Armenian national team and they finally crushed the English team.
- I was crushed that I wasn't invited.
- Her refusal crushed all our hopes.
- Some synthetic materials do not crush easily.
- She refused to sit down in case she crushed her dress.
- He always crushes juice from grapes instead of eating them.
- I've got a crush on my pretty toy pistol.
- I prefer orange crush to coffee because the former is healthier.
- There was such a crush on the train that I could hardly breathe.
- Glassware crushes easily.
- Eggs crushes easily.
- This dress crushes easily.
- A large crowd crushed past the barrier.
- Don't you want to crush the box?
- He crushed the table by sitting on it.
- This machine crushes wheat grain to make flour.
- Her refusal crushed all our hopes.
- The postman tried to crush the packet through the letter-box.
- The box was crushed when the car ran over it.
- The clothes were badly crushed in the suitcase.
- The rebellion was crushed by government forces.
- crush into (v.+prep.)
压服 make sb or a group obey
crush into sth
When the gates were opened, crowds of football supporters crushed into the ground.
当球场大门打开时,大群的球迷挤了进去。crush sb/sth into sth
You can't crush twenty people into such a tiny room.
It's impossible to crush any more football supporters into the ground; it's already full.
This machine is made to crush the rock into power.
这台机器是用来把石头压成碎末的。crush sb into sth
The conquerors believed in crushing the defeated people into submission, knowing that they could not win their loyalty by the victory.
- crush out (v.+adv.)
扑灭,熄灭 cause to stop burning
crush sth ⇔ out
He crushed out the cigarette.
The firemen crushed out the fire.
- crush out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
从…挤出〔榨出〕 remove sth by pressing or squeezing
crush sb/sth out of sth
I'll crush the juice out of oranges for you.
We were crushed out of the auditorium.
The additional supporters were crushed out of the football ground.
Her youthful spirit was crushed out of her by hardships.
- crush up (v.+adv.)
捣碎 break sth hard into small pieces or into powder by pressing
crush sth ⇔ up
Huge hammers crush up the rocks.
This machine crushes the rock up so that it can be used for road building.
- crush difficulties under foot 把困难踩在脚下
- crush a plot 粉碎阴谋
- crush a rebellion 平定叛乱
- crush a riot 平定叛乱
- crush the worm 把虫子踩死
- crush badly 压皱得不成样子
- crush completely 大败
- crush finally 最后粉碎
- crush nervously 紧张地挤入
- crush painfully 痛苦地挤入
- crush perfectly 完美地压碎
- crush down 碾碎,打倒,镇压
- crush down the crops 踩倒农作物
- crush down with grief 为悲哀所压倒
- crush out 压出,榨出
- crush out the juice 榨出…汁
- crush out a rebellion 镇压一场叛乱
- crush up 碾碎,粉碎; 把…揉成一团
- crush up a letter 把信揉成一团
- crush sb's way through 从…挤出去
The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds.出自： Addison
A heavy crush of disaster.出自： fig.
Some..cast themselves in the way and are crusht to death.出自： T. Herbert
A man..crushed a glass like a nut between his hands.出自： L. Lee
- crush既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。前者作“挤进”“挤入”解时,常与into, past, through等词连用,后者常可用于被动语态。
- crush into表示“塞进，压进”的意思，而crush to则表示“压到……上”，例如crush clothes into the trunk（将衣物塞进皮箱）和crush to the ground（压到地上）。
- crush, mush
- crush指挤压或碾压成碎片; mush指捣成泥。
- crush, quell, suppress
- crush多用于非物质性的东西,所施加的力量将造成破坏,所采取的行动无法反抗; quell指彻底地使对方屈服、被动或瘫痪,可用于人和动物,它还有“扑灭”的意思; suppress指有意识地运用权力或力量公开地压服或消灭,强调被压服或消灭的目标很明确。
- ☆ 14世纪后期进入英语，直接源自古法语的croisir，意为咬牙切齿。
- squeeze 挤压
- quell 压制
- squash 壁球
- rout 彻底溃败
- press 按
- conquer 征服
- subdue 使服从
- reduce 减少
- compress 压缩
- break 打碎
- suppress 镇压
- infatuation 迷恋
- defeat 挫败
- humiliate 使 ... 蒙羞
- mash 麦芽浆
- devastate 毁坏
- quench 熄灭
- passion 激情
- affection 影响
- fondness 爱好
- oppress 使烦恼
- crowd 人群
- throng 人群
- vanquish 征服
- trample 踩踏
- grind 磨
- mince 切碎物
- overpower 压倒
- rumple 皱纹
- flatten 使变平
- pulverize 磨成粉
- constrict 压缩
- extinguish 熄灭
- repress 抑制
- demoralize 使士气低落
- stamp 邮票
- overwhelm 打击
- tighten 使紧
- silence 沉默
- jam 果酱
- mill 磨坊
- smash 打碎
- crunch 发出碎裂声
- trounce 痛打
- beat 打
- beat out 敲平
- calf love 早恋
- crushed leather 压光皮革
- break down 分解；发生故障；失败；毁...
- puppy love 少男少女短暂的爱情, 早...
- demolish 拆毁
- compaction 压缩
- squelch 发出嘎吱声
- shell 壳
- crack 破裂
- burst 爆发
- fracture 破碎
- shatter 粉碎