- vt. & vi. 压碎,压坏 press so that there is breaking or injury
- vt. 弄皱 cause to become full of creases or irregular folds
- vi. 挤进,挤入 move into or through
- vt. 镇压,消灭,击溃 subdue, defeat completely
- leather that has had its grain pattern accentuated
- a dense crowd of people
- temporary love of an adolescent
- the act of crushing
- come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority;
"The government oppresses political activists"
- to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition;
"crush an aluminum can"
"squeeze a lemon"
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict;
"Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"
"We beat the competition"
"Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
- break into small pieces;
"The car crushed the toy"
- humiliate or depress completely;
"She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"
"The death of her son smashed her"
- crush or bruise;
"jam a toe"
- make ineffective;
"Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
- become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure;
"The plastic bottle crushed against the wall"
- A windmill is used to crush grain into flour.
- It took him only 50 minutes to crush his opponent.
- This victory inspired vigor in the Armenian national team and they finally crushed the English team.
- I was crushed that I wasn't invited.
- Her refusal crushed all our hopes.
- Some synthetic materials do not crush easily.
- She refused to sit down in case she crushed her dress.
- He always crushes juice from grapes instead of eating them.
- I've got a crush on my pretty toy pistol.
- I prefer orange crush to coffee because the former is healthier.
- There was such a crush on the train that I could hardly breathe.
Glassware crushes easily.
Eggs crushes easily.
This dress crushes easily.
A large crowd crushed past the barrier.
Don't you want to crush the box?
He crushed the table by sitting on it.
This machine crushes wheat grain to make flour.
Her refusal crushed all our hopes.
The postman tried to crush the packet through the letter-box.
The box was crushed when the car ran over it.
The clothes were badly crushed in the suitcase.
The rebellion was crushed by government forces.
- crush into (v.+prep.)
把…压成; 使…挤入 move into a marrow by pressing or pushing crush into sth
When the gates were opened, crowds of football supporters crushed into the ground.当球场大门打开时,大群的球迷挤了进去。crush sb/sth into sth
You can't crush twenty people into such a tiny room.不能让二十个人挤进这样一个狭小的房间里。
It's impossible to crush any more football supporters into the ground; it's already full.球场已经满了,无法再挤进足球迷了。
This machine is made to crush the rock into power.这台机器是用来把石头压成碎末的。
压服 make sb or a group obey crush sb into sth
The conquerors believed in crushing the defeated people into submission, knowing that they could not win their loyalty by the victory.征服者们知道他们的胜利并不能赢得失败者的忠心,于是就认为只有通过武力将他们压服。
- 把…压成; 使…挤入 move into a marrow by pressing or pushing crush into sth
- crush out (v.+adv.)
扑灭,熄灭 cause to stop burning crush sth ⇔ out
He crushed out the cigarette.他把烟熄灭了。
The firemen crushed out the fire.消防队员把火扑灭了。
- 扑灭,熄灭 cause to stop burning crush sth ⇔ out
- crush out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
从…挤出〔榨出〕 remove sth by pressing or squeezing crush sb/sth out of sth
I'll crush the juice out of oranges for you.我榨橙子汁给你喝。用于 be ～ed 结构
We were crushed out of the auditorium.我们被挤出了礼堂。
The additional supporters were crushed out of the football ground.另外一些球迷被挤出足球场。
Her youthful spirit was crushed out of her by hardships.由于受到种种艰难困苦的折磨,她那蓬勃的朝气消失了。
- 从…挤出〔榨出〕 remove sth by pressing or squeezing crush sb/sth out of sth
- crush up (v.+adv.)
捣碎 break sth hard into small pieces or into powder by pressing crush sth ⇔ up
Huge hammers crush up the rocks.用大锤把岩石砸成了碎块。
This machine crushes the rock up so that it can be used for road building.这台机器能粉碎石头,可用来筑路。
- 捣碎 break sth hard into small pieces or into powder by pressing crush sth ⇔ up
- crush difficulties under foot 把困难踩在脚下
- crush a plot 粉碎阴谋
- crush a rebellion 平定叛乱
- crush a riot 平定叛乱
- crush the worm 把虫子踩死
- crush badly 压皱得不成样子
- crush completely 大败
- crush finally 最后粉碎
- crush nervously 紧张地挤入
- crush painfully 痛苦地挤入
- crush perfectly 完美地压碎
- crush down 碾碎,打倒,镇压
- crush down the crops 踩倒农作物
- crush down with grief 为悲哀所压倒
- crush out 压出,榨出
- crush out the juice 榨出…汁
- crush out a rebellion 镇压一场叛乱
- crush up 碾碎,粉碎; 把…揉成一团
- crush up a letter 把信揉成一团
- crush sb's way through 从…挤出去
The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds.出自：Addison
A heavy crush of disaster.出自：fig.
Some..cast themselves in the way and are crusht to death.出自：T. Herbert
A man..crushed a glass like a nut between his hands.出自：L. Lee
- crush into表示“塞进，压进”的意思，而crush to则表示“压到……上”，例如crush clothes into the trunk（将衣物塞进皮箱）和crush to the ground（压到地上）。
- crush既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。前者作“挤进”“挤入”解时,常与into, past, through等词连用,后者常可用于被动语态。
- crush, mush
- crush, quell, suppress
这组词均可作“压服”解。其区别是：crush多用于非物质性的东西,所施加的力量将造成破坏,所采取的行动无法反抗; quell指彻底地使对方屈服、被动或瘫痪,可用于人和动物,它还有“扑灭”的意思; suppress指有意识地运用权力或力量公开地压服或消灭,强调被压服或消灭的目标很明确。
- break burst crack crush fracture shatter smash
错句：hundreds of cities were burned down, thousands of country cottages were crushed into the ground.
纠正：hundreds of cities were burned down, thousands of country cottages were crushed to the ground.
分析：crush into表示“塞进，压进”的意思，而crush to则表示“压到……上”。
- ☆ 14世纪后期进入英语，直接源自古法语的crosiir，意为咬牙切齿。
[释义]I've got a crush on my pretty toy pistol.我把我漂亮的玩具手枪给压坏了。这句翻译错了。应该是“我非常喜欢我漂亮的玩具手枪”. "Have a crush on" means having a strong feeling of love.贡献者: 海词网友 2013-05-12 有用报错
- rout 彻底溃败
- humiliate使 ... 蒙羞
- mash 麦芽浆
- beat out敲平
- calf love早恋
- break down分解；发生故障；失败；毁...
- puppy love少男少女短暂的爱情, 早...
- crushes:crush vt. 压碎, 碾碎, 压服, 压垮, 粉碎, (使)变形 英英解释:名词crush:1. leather that has had its grain pattern accentuat…