come out better in a competition, race, or conflict;
"Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"
"We beat the competition"
"Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
beat out a rhythm
- They can beat out the dent in the car's wing.
- The piece of iron was pounded out.
- The baker was beating out the flour with his hands.
- He beat the piece of iron flat.
- beat the devil out of someone 把某人打得半死,痛殴...
- beat something out 扑灭
- beat out 敲平
- beat someone out of his track 迫使某人改变作风...
- beat the hell out of someone 狠揍某人一顿...
- beat it out 爵士乐
- beat someone out of his boots 彻底打败某人...
- out of beat 声音不均匀
- beat somebody's brains out 狠狠打击某人,猛击某...
- beat something out of someone's head 使某人放弃某种念头...