- 环，节 ，环节
- 联系，纽带，连接 ，关系
- vt. & vi. 连接,联系 join or connect
- [C]环;联系,纽带 a single of a chain;sth which connects two other parts
the means of connection between things linked in series
a fastener that serves to join or connect;
"the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
the state of being connected;
"the connection between church and state is inescapable"
a connecting shape
a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
(computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
a channel for communication between groups;
"he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
a two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
make a logical or causal connection;
"I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"
"colligate these facts"
"I cannot relate these events at all"
connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces;
"Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"
"Tie the ropes together"
be or become joined or united or linked;
"The two streets connect to become a highway"
"Our paths joined"
"The travelers linked up again at the airport"
link with or as with a yoke;
"yoke the oxen together"
- Television stations around the world are linked by satellite.
- The road links all the new towns.
- He detached a link from a chain.
- Is there a link between smoking and lung disease?
- We must question the value of our link with the university.
- We must take firm hold the key link of our work.
- The two companies have linked.
- He linked his arm in his wife's arm.
- The road links all the new towns.
- The police suspect that the two crimes may be linked.
- Our hearts are closely linked.
- Each link that makes up a chain is equally important.
- Keep close links with the masses.
- There are a lot of wireless links in a radio.
- He is the link between the two groups.
- We think that he is a missing link between the artist and the commercial public.
- link to (v.+prep.)
与…连接;联系 join sth to sb/sth
link to sth
A piston links to a drive shaft by means of a connecting rod.
活塞通过连杆与驱动轴相连。link sb/sth to sth
A strong chain linked him to the rock.
The new bridge will link the island to the mainland.
Regular air traffic links the city to the rest of the country.
The highway links Beijing to Tianjin.
A common wall links the house to its neighbour.
Doctors link cigarette smoking to cancer.
The television camera was linked to a computer.
These events are linked to each other.
Wages are linked to prices.
- link together (v.+adv.)
(使)连接在一起 join things; connect the ideas of
The pieces link together.
The two countries are friendly neighbouring countries linked together as flesh and blood.
两国是血肉相连的友好邻邦。link sb/sth ⇔ together
Let's link these ropes together.
The railway line links the two towns together.
He linked all the things together.
The factory's name linked him together.
Their names have been linked together in newspaper report.
These events were all subtly linked together.
- link up (v.+adv.)
连接;结合 cause to join or combine
Where shall we link up?
How do religion and philosophy link up?
These pieces of information link up to suggest who the thief was.
这些点滴的情况联系起来就使人看得出谁是贼。link sth ⇔ up
They linked up the two areas by telephone.
Arrangements are being made to link up the two firms, so as to reduce the competition.
Engineers can link up distant countries by radio or telephone.
- link up with (v.+adv.+prep.)
与…联合;使与…衔接 join or combine; (cause to) join or combine
link up with sb/sth
We linked up with them at the gate of the zoo.
They went on to the next town, where they linked up with the other party.
There the irrigation canal links up with the reservoir.
这条灌渠在那里与水库连接起来。link sth ⇔ up with sth
Arrangements were well advanced for linking up this newly operated length with the Lancaster by-pass.
- link with (v.+prep.)
将…与…相连;连接在一起;与…联合 join (one thing or group of things) to (another); join one thing to another
link with sth
The newer company linked with several older ones for self protection.
I have heard his name linked with that of a well-known public figure.
我听到他的名字与一位著名人物联系起来。link sb/sth with sth
Railway lines link country with the capital.
This old Silk Road linked China with the West in ancient times.
He always tries to link his study with his ideological problems.
We must link theory with practice.
The Minister's name will always be linked with the disgraceful matter.
The film actress has been linked with one man after another in the newspaper reports.
High unemployment is not necessarily linked with the rise in prices.
Rheumatoid arthritis has also been linked with the virus.
His heart is linked with the hearts of the masses.
- link closely 紧密联系
- link together 连在一起
- link up 连接,联系,联合
- link up the two areas 把两地区连接起来
- link up with the reservoir 与水库连接起来
- link in 用…挽着
- link through sth 通过…而联系
- link to each other 互相联系
- link sb to the crime 与此案有牵连
- link with sth 与某物相关联
Short links between each of the main links of the suspension chains.出自： L. T. C. Rolt
I had..forged out every link in the chain of evidence.出自： fig.
A..blood-vessel and a nerve cord run..through all the segments, linking and coordinating them.出自： D. Attenborough
The automobile was linking the villages with towns, and the towns with cities.出自： R. Davies
- link用作不及物动词时,主要表示“连接起来,联系着”,后接介词to表示“与…连接”;接副词up表示“连接;结合”;后接介词with表示“将…与…相连;与…联合”;link up with是“与…联合〔汇合，碰头〕”的意思。
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古北欧语的hlenkr；最初源自原始日耳曼语的khlankijaz，意为连接，链。