- 瘸的， 跛的，残废的，受伤的
- [C]游戏,运动,比赛 a form of play or sport, or one example or type of this; match
- [C]行业,行当 a profession or activity, especially one in which people compete against each other
- [U]猎物 wild animals, birds and fish which are hunted or fished for food, especially as a sport
- 勇敢的,有决心的,敢作敢为的 brave, determined, and ready for action
- [P]愿意的,心甘情愿的 willing
- 残疾的; 瘸的 lame; crippled
- a contest with rules to determine a winner;
"you need four people to play this game"
- a single play of a sport or other contest;
"the game lasted two hours"
- an amusement or pastime;
"they played word games"
"he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"
"his life was all fun and games"
- animal hunted for food or sport
- (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win;
"the game is 6 all"
"he is serving for the game"
- the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal);
"they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"
"I saw through his little game from the start"
- the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game;
"the child received several games for his birthday"
- your occupation or line of work;
"he's in the plumbing game"
"she's in show biz"
- frivolous or trifling behavior;
"for actors, memorizing lines is no game"
"for him, life is all fun and games"
- disabled in the feet or legs;
"a crippled soldier"
"a game leg"
- willing to face danger
- place a bet on;
"Which horse are you backing?"
"I'm betting on the new horse"
- All the children partook in the game.
- I found a computer game to divert the children.
- He is my main rival in the game.
- He is expected to win the game with ease.
- Would you care to have a small wager on the game?
- In every game they were bested by their opponents.
- The game is 7 to 6.
- The natives use poisoned arrows to kill big game.
- The politician was playing a deep game.
- After two hours his game was about played out.
- It's a pity he games so deep.
- She put up a game fight against her detractors.
- He was a game fighter even when he was losing.
- Are you game for a swim?
- He is game in the leg/has a game leg.
They are playing a game of cards.
What a game!
The game starts at seven o'clock.
The game is six to five.
They have lost the first game.
The top team in each group played off seven games against each other.
If you run back over the season, you can't pick out a game in which he played badly.
If you give your chances away like that, how can you expect to win the game?
My uncle always gives us a board game for Christmas.
What's your little game, then?
None of your games!
Can you help me plan the meeting—I'm new to this game.
He's in the computer game these days.
Lions and tigers are big game.
He brought no game, and we had no supper.
The 1984 (Olympic) Games was held in Los Angeles.1984
He was a game fighter even when he was losing.
He died game hero's death.
The camel has a game leg.
“Who's game for a swim?”“I'm game!”
He's always game for an adventure.
He is game for anything no matter how dangerous it is.
He is game in the leg.
The little boy was hurt by the fall, but he was game enough to get up and try again.
- deep game
背地里搞鬼; 阴谋,密谋 secret; devious plot
Although Gerald offered his wholehearted support,I can't help feeling he's playing some deep games of his own. 尽管杰拉尔德主动提供全力支持,但我仍不由得感觉他在背地里搞鬼。
- 背地里搞鬼; 阴谋,密谋 secret; devious plot
- dirty game
卑鄙的勾当,见不得人的勾当 activity in which people do not always act in an honest way
People say that party politics, even at local level, can be a dirty game. 据说党派政治,即使是地方一级的,也可能是一种卑鄙的勾当。
- 卑鄙的勾当,见不得人的勾当 activity in which people do not always act in an honest way
- fly at higher game
向更高目标努力 make efforts for a higher aim
He's already finished with that item of innovation and is now flying at higher game, the automation of the whole production line. 他完成了那项革新项目之后,又向更高目标努力,正在搞整个生产线的自动化。
- 向更高目标努力 make efforts for a higher aim
- game of chance
靠碰运气取胜的游戏 gambling game
Would any of you gents care to join us in a little game of chance? 你们有哪位绅士愿意参加我们靠运气取胜的小游戏呢?
- 靠碰运气取胜的游戏 gambling game
- give the game away
露马脚 inadvertently reveal a secret
Accused of misusing campaign funds both are in trouble because they went too far and gave the game away. 他们两人被指控滥用竞选基金而陷入困境,他们做得太过分而把事情败露了。
We were going to throw a surprise party for my wife's birthday, but my daughter gave the game away so we all went out to dinner instead. 我们原打算为我妻子的生日举行一个令人惊喜的聚会,但是我女儿泄露了秘密,因此我们都外出吃了一顿,以此代替了。
- 露马脚 inadvertently reveal a secret
- know what sb's game is
知道某人的什么用意 discover what sb's intentions are
Arthur has suddenly got very friendly, but I know what his game is—he's trying to get somebody to propose him for membership of the golf club. 阿瑟突然变得非常友好,但我知道他有什么用意——他正想找一个人推荐他成为高尔夫球俱乐部的会员。
- 知道某人的什么用意 discover what sb's intentions are
- losing game
无胜利希望的事 activity which one cannot succeed at
That would be a losing game. 那将是招致失败的下策。
- 无胜利希望的事 activity which one cannot succeed at
- make game of
取笑… joke with sb
We should not make game of the weak. 我们不应该取笑弱者。
- 取笑… joke with sb
- mug's game
傻瓜才干的事情,蠢事 activity which only a fool would expect to succeed at
Betting on horses is a mug's game—nobody ever wins in the long term. 下赛马赌注是傻瓜才干的事情——从长远看没有人会赢。
- 傻瓜才干的事情,蠢事 activity which only a fool would expect to succeed at
- name of the game
重要的事情; 本质的东西 important factor
The name of the game in pop music is originality . 通俗音乐的本质是独创。
In fishing, patience is the name of the game. 钓鱼时问题的关键是要有耐心。
- 重要的事情; 本质的东西 important factor
- off one's game
竞技状态良好 not performing at one's best
He must be off his game today; he is not playing half as well as he used to. 他今天竞技状态肯定不佳,打得还不抵平时一半好呢。
- 竞技状态良好 not performing at one's best
- on the game
卖淫 earning money as a prostitute
She may be a famous model now, but she was on the game for years before some fashion photographer discovered her. 她现在可能是一位著名的时装模特儿,可是在某一位时装摄影师发现她以前,她曾卖淫过几年。
- 卖淫 earning money as a prostitute
- play a waiting game
〈口〉伺机而动; 见机行事 delay making a commitment until the situation is more advantageous
They've both asked her to go out with them, but Vera is playing a waiting game until she finds out which one of her suitors has the most money! 他们都请维拉同他们一起外出,但是维拉却在等待,等她发现哪一个求婚者的钱最多!
- 〈口〉伺机而动; 见机行事 delay making a commitment until the situation is more advantageous
- play game with
与…开玩笑 treat sb or sth
No one would like to play game with you. 没有人愿意跟你开玩笑。
- 与…开玩笑 treat sb or sth
- play sb's game
做有利于…的事 do sth for sb
What he said played his opponent's game. 他所说的对他的对手有利。
- 做有利于…的事 do sth for sb
- play the game
规规矩矩地进行比赛 have a match regularly
Let's play the game. 让我们规规矩矩地进行比赛。
But they don't play the game. 可他们不规规矩矩地进行比赛。
He is an honest man and he has always played the game. 他是个诚实的人,一向守信用。
- 规规矩矩地进行比赛 have a match regularly
- put off sb's game
分散…的注意力 distract sb while playing a game put sb off sb's game
Don't talk; it puts him off his game.不要讲话,这样会干扰他的比赛。
- 分散…的注意力 distract sb while playing a game put sb off sb's game
- so that's your game
原来那就是你的鬼把戏 so that is what your intention is
I see, so that's your game:you're going to paint the windows before the doors. 我明白了,原来那就是你的主意:你打算先油漆窗户,而后油漆门。
- 原来那就是你的鬼把戏 so that is what your intention is
- the game is not worth the candle
这事不值得做; 得不偿失 the result is not worth the effort needed to achieve it
I've decided to give up my job because it is so poorly paid that the game's not worth the candle. 我已决定辞职,因为这工作薪水太低,不值得干。
- 这事不值得做; 得不偿失 the result is not worth the effort needed to achieve it
- the game is up
一切都完了 you are discovered
The store detective told the shoplifter that the game was up. 该商店侦探告诉冒充顾客进商店行窃的扒手,他已被发现了。
- 一切都完了 you are discovered
- two can play at that game
那一套不只你会,我也会 I can also be as deceitful
I discovered that my husband was having an affair—well, two can play at that game! 我发现我丈夫有外遇——好了,那一套不只他会,我也会!
- 那一套不只你会,我也会 I can also be as deceitful
- what's the game?
〈口〉出什么事啦? what is going on?
What's the game?Why is everybody looking at me like that? 出了什么事啦?为什么所有的人都那样看着我?
- 〈口〉出什么事啦? what is going on?
- what's your game
〈口〉你在干什么 what are you doing
What's your game?What are you doing in my garden? 你在干什么?你在我的花园里干什么?
- 〈口〉你在干什么 what are you doing
- winning game
有胜利希望的比赛; 有把握的事 game in a series that decides the overall result
This could be the winning game for the challenger, who only needs two more points for the championship. 这场比赛可能是挑战者获胜,他只要再得两分就得冠军了。
- 有胜利希望的比赛; 有把握的事 game in a series that decides the overall result
- attend a game 参加比赛
- bring in game 打野味
- call a game 宣布暂停比赛
- continue a game 继续比赛
- draw the game 打成平局
- enjoy a game 欣赏比赛
- enter for the games 报名参加比赛
- finish a game 结束比赛
- give the game away 露马脚,泄露秘密
- have a game 进行比赛,有比赛
- have the game in one's hand 稳操胜券
- invent a game 发明游戏
- join in a game 参加比赛
- judge a game 为比赛裁判
- lose a game 输掉一场比赛,比赛失败
- make game of sb 取笑某人,捉弄某人
- play games 闹着玩,不认真对待
- play a game 做游戏
- play a deep game 背地里捣鬼
- play a double game 耍两面派
- play a good game 技术娴熟
- play a poor game 技术不佳
- play a waiting game 伺机下手,伺机行动
- play sb's game 帮某人的大忙
- play the game 讲信义,遵守比赛规则,行动光明正大
- see through sb's game 识破某人的诡计
- shoot game 射猎物
- speak in games 说着玩,开玩笑
- start the game 惊动猎物
- throw a game 故意输球
- throw up the game 放弃计划
- wait game 伺机而动
- watch a game 观看比赛
- win a game 赢得比赛,比赛获胜
- admirable game 精彩的比赛
- bad game 不好的比赛
- big game 大的猎物
- close game 接近的比分
- dangerous game 危险的游戏
- difficult game 复杂的游戏
- dull game 乏味的比赛
- easy game 简单的游戏
- educational game 有教育意义的比赛
- even game 势均力敌的比赛
- excellent game 精彩的比赛
- exciting game 激动人心的比赛
- fair game 准予捕猎的鸟兽,公平的比赛
- good game 精彩的比赛
- hide-and-seek game 捉迷藏
- interesting game 有趣的游戏
- international game 国际比赛
- losing game 不可能取胜的比赛
- one-sided game 一边倒的比赛
- open game 胜负未定的比赛
- open-air game 户外游戏
- outdoor game 户外运动会,室外游戏
- popular game 普及的运动项目
- small game 小猎物
- sold game 事先串通好的比赛
- the Asian Games 亚洲运动会
- the National Games 全国运动会
- the Olympic Games 奥林匹克运动会
- ball game 球类活动
- board game 棋盘游戏
- bowl game (优秀球队举行的)美式足球赛季后比赛
- children's game 儿童游戏
- exhibition game 表演赛
- field game 野外比赛
- football game 足球比赛
- home game 主场比赛
- love game 输方未获一分的比赛
- match game 网球赛中决定全场胜负的一盘
- numbers game 数字游戏
- practice game 练习赛
- summer games 夏季运动会
- the World University Games 世界大学生运动会
- war games 军事演习
- wild-card game 加场赛
- winter games 冬季运动会
- word game 文字游戏
- game for 愿意做某事
We have had pastimes here, and pleasant game.出自：Love's Labour's Lost,Shakespeare
So game, nothing ever scared him.出自：G. Stein
He had a game leg from the war.出自：M. Shadbolt
- 在口语中, game还可作“残疾的; 瘸的”解,属古旧用法。
- game, match, play, sport, tournament
这组词的共同意思是“运动,竞技,比赛”。其区别在于:1.sport一般指体力运动,如爬山、滑水、钓鱼等; game指常有一定的规则,而且决定胜负的脑力或体力劳动的“竞技”; match多指网球、足球、高尔夫球等运动项目的比赛,常用在英国; play泛指无目的或结果的消遣或娱乐活动; tournament指通过不同级别的比赛而夺魁的体育项目“比赛”“锦标赛”“联赛”。例如:Swimming, fishing and horse racing are his favorite sports.游泳、钓鱼和赛马是他最喜欢的运动。The golf match will be held tomorrow morning.明天上午举行高尔夫球赛。Which side won the football game yesterday?昨天的足球赛哪一队赢了?He is fond of play.他喜欢玩。The International Table Tennis Friendship Invitational Tournament will be held in China this year.今年的国际乒乓球友谊邀请赛将在中国举行。2.sport和game既可指室内也可指室外的活动; match和tournament一般指室外活动。3.网球赛一局称game,加起来称为match。
- play games 做游戏
- play the game 守规矩
误 People are not allowed to hunt any games in the protective area.
正 People are not allowed to hunt any game in the protective area.
误 Chess is a very slow play.
正 Chess is a very slow game.
误 Who wrote the game?
正 Who wrote the play?
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的gaemn，意为娱乐，玩耍。
- n.(名词) amusement business contest design joke main match play sport meat prey
- adj.(形容词) bold brave eager fearless heroic bad injured
- game:game n. 比赛, 游戏, 竞赛, [复]运动会, 玩耍, 比分, 比赛规则, 策略vi. 赌博adj. 勇敢的, 有胆量的, 关于野味的, 跛的习惯用语a game of chance 赌博(靠…